Amazing Athletic Anca Barna ! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 26th, 2003, 06:23 PM   #46
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
she won't play INDIAN WELLS???
Advertisement

Old Feb 26th, 2003, 09:32 PM   #47
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Iconoclast
She doesn't appear to be playing Indian Wells either, but she is committed for Miami.
According to the thread in the Indian Wells forum, she IS committed.

She is also comitted for Sarasota (qualifying) and she just sneaked into MD's of Amelia Island and Charleston. Although that means that she won't play Estoril where she reached the final last year.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 11:54 AM   #48
Iconoclast

Iconoclast has disabled reputation
My mistake, I misread. Couldn't find her name in 50's... but the cut-off date was earlier, so she was of course in the 60's. Pheeew.

Not to sure it's a good idea to skip Estoril, though, but she must be planning something special in the American spring (where she hasn't done much in the past).
Iconoclast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 08:59 PM   #49
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
1. runde indian wells:

ANCA - STÉPHANIE FORETZ 5-7 6-2 5-7

ein enttäuschendes ergebnis!
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 10:12 PM   #50
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pan
1. runde indian wells:

ANCA - STÉPHANIE FORETZ 5-7 6-2 5-7

ein enttäuschendes ergebnis!
schade, hoffentlich klappt es in Miami besser
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 12:27 PM   #51
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
A bitter loss. But let's not forget that Stephanie is only slightly ranked below Anca. And Stephanie is quite good on hard-courts.

Good luck in Miami !
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 03:36 PM   #52
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
Stephanie is indeed a good player, but anca missed a great opportunity to go closer to the top50
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 09:57 PM   #53
country flag GoDominique

Anca has a decent draw in Miami.
She will play Alina Jidkova in the first round, who is certainly good on hardcourt. Let's hope that Anca can leave IW behind and win this !

Next opponent would be Meghann Shaughnessy.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 10:08 PM   #54
country flag GoDominique

Well, head-to-head is 1-0 in favour of Jidkova.

Pittsburgh $ 50K 2001: QF Alina Jidkova(8) d. Anca Barna(4) 6-4 7-6 (5)
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 05:23 AM   #55
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

Go Anca and beat Jidkova
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 05:09 PM   #56
country flag GoDominique

Anca lost 5-7 3-6.

She led 4-1 in the 1st set and had 2 set-points at 5-4, then everything went wrong.
Her serve didn't work at all, 5 breaks.
There were two long breaks in the second set. Maybe something was wrong with her, the weather seems to be cruel today.

Too bad. Thank god the hardcourt season is over.
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 06:37 PM   #57
Iconoclast

Iconoclast has disabled reputation
Atrocious!

She just doesn't seem to be able to play in the US at this time of year, and I can't believe she dropped that lead.

Oh, well, Top 50 will have to come later in the year...
Iconoclast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 08:40 PM   #58
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

i hope she will play better on clay!!!
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 12:29 PM   #59
country flag pan

what's wrong, ANCA???
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 03:38 PM   #60
country flag pan

ANCA hat nicht für ESTORIL gemeldet, wo sie letztes jahr im finale stand???