The way the year started we're for another bad one... - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 03:01 AM   #16
Tarassik

Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice
Smile

Well, don't forget Nadya, who may have a great season if not disturbed by injuries.
You'll see!

Tarassik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 09:20 AM   #17
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not there yet, I'm get there on Sunday.

As I keep saying the best girls are still yet to come.

Once the door is open the floodgates will open and they'll be pouring through.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2002, 06:23 PM   #18
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

To cat:

Your wish is my command! I will never again say that Elena improved in 2001!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2002, 08:46 PM   #19
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Don't be offended Janie. Geez! I'm just teasing you!

P.S. - Janie, on another thread you said that Martina carried Anna in their latest doubles win. Ummmm, if I may be so bold. How do you know that?
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2002, 01:12 AM   #20
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

cat,

No worries! I, too, was kidding, as I am wont to do!

As for the doubles match, did you read Adrian's play-by-play on the adidas int'l thread? Every point described-- very enlightening.

But don't go getting defensive about Anna like ajayares did over there! I never said, not did I mean to imply, that ANNA IS STINKO IN DOUBLES! I just said she did not play well LAST NIGHT! Sheesh!
Old Jan 11th, 2002, 06:13 AM   #21
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
No Janie, I didn't read yo Adrians play bby play.

Can you believe Anna versus Justine in the first round? No Anna or Justine after the first round? Wow! No Dokic. No Davenport. The women's event will be hurting this year. They should have seeded Anna #32. That would have prevented this embarrassing scenario. At least Anna is not out of her weight class with Henin, the way she was with Serena. but I would be shocked if Anna won. Justine's great backhand will be the difference. Anna hasn't been able to win a set from Justine in their 2 previous matches. And Henin is much better than she was in 2000, when they last played. Udachi Anna!
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2002, 07:17 AM   #22
auntie janie

Unhappy

I am also very upset at this first-round match!

The last time Justine played Anna, both played badly, but Anna played worse and Justine came out on top.

Now I have come to think of Justine as a player with nerve problems similar to Anna's, and all the pressure is on HER, as the seed. Plus, Anna can usually muster up one good match per tournament - and THIS COULD BE IT!

Now I am a huge Justine fan, but as you can see this draw makes me just as unhappy as it makes you!

Plus, on your side, you get to have Anna around all tournament long, since she is Martina's doubles partner; plus all their matches will be on tv and on Center Court, no doubt! But Thin and Thinner are not that great a team yet, so if Justine loses to Anna, there is no Justine AT ALL for two weeks, but even if she survived a while in the doubles, her matches would likely be staged on Court 50 or Court 100.