The way the year started we're for another bad one... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 04:12 PM   #1
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
The way the year started we're for another bad one...

None of the Russian players seems to improve much from where there left last year except for Nadia, who is unfortunately injured
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 07:34 PM   #2
country flag bubble

bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, tenn_ace
Totally agreed with you. So Nadia is the only one who impressed me. But bad luck....

Maybe it's too soon to tell. But let's hope things get better at next week's AO where it all matters.
bubble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2002, 07:38 PM   #3
Sonja
Momomental

Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute Sonja has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

I think it's too soon to tell. Give them a little time to get back in the swing of things.

<font size=5 color=red>DAVAY LINA & ANASTASIA!
Amélie Mauresmo, 2009 GDF Suez, 2007 Proximus Diamond Games, 2006 World No. 1 ,Wimbledon Champion, Proximus Diamond Games, Gaz, Australian Open, 2005 YEC, Advanta Chamionships, Italian Open, Proximus Diamond Games, 2004 World No. 1, Advanta Championships, Generali Linz, Rogers Cup, Italian Open, German Open, 2003 J&S Cup, Advanta Championships, 2002 Rogers AT&T Cup, Dubai Open, 2001 Gaz, Nice, Amelia Island, and Eurocard Ladies German Open, 2000 Adidas International, and 1999 Bratislava Champion

There's a fine line between love and hate; that line is called family!

No one does things exactly the way I want them to. No one ever has. It’s a problem they have!

AZARENKA!
Sonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2002, 09:02 PM   #4
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Yeah, don`t be too gloomy. The first tournament of the year, just give them all time
fresh2flash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2002, 09:04 PM   #5
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Not been a great start at all , only Nadia has credited herself. Now she's injured

Lina hasn't played on the Tour yet , having missed out on Sydney after having been in HKG.

Elena D, a really bad start, hope she can pick up and make QF at Melbourne, I'm counting on her to keeping me involved until week 2, not many Russian juniors coming down

Anastasia has had a decent start and hopefully she can and will move up the ranks fairly quickly.

Tatiana and Anna had the Auckland title in their grasp ......and :sad

Elena Bovina ...... slow start as well but her loss to Daniela Hantuchova after leading 4-0 in set 2 is very alarming.

I hope to bring them better luck in Melbourne.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2002, 02:47 AM   #6
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
thanks a lot to all of you, guys and gals

I was really in a bad mood when posted it (after Lena's and Nastya's losses, Anna's easy dismiss last week, Elena B. no match to Daniela). They all lost to not the top players on WTA, so it mde me really mad and sad.

I hope things will improve at AO! C'mon girls! We're getting weary of waiting!!!!

tbe, That's the nicest pic of Lina I've seen. I just LOVE IT!
Old Jan 8th, 2002, 05:57 AM   #7
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Elena D. Anna K. and Lina K. still don't have traveling coaches. Right? They use their parents. And that's not a good move. That's bad news.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2002, 02:40 PM   #8
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Larisa does travel with Lina to nearlyall her tourns she has played, she hasn't played many in past so hoping she continuesto travel more this year.

Anna and Elena D still rely on their mothers
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2002, 08:05 PM   #9
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
I look at this on positive side.. Anna K. shows some signs of getting back where she belongs. Elena D. has always been a a slow starter, besides, She might not have had enough time to recover from flying from Hongkong. Nadya injured, that is indeed sad.
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2002, 08:21 PM   #10
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
ys, the question is, why was Elena D. in Hong Kong, playing an exhibition tournament? Money I assume. She needs to win her first title almost as much as Anna K. does. So I would rather she played one of those smaller Australian tournaments, where she might get her first WTA title.

Last edited by the cat : Jan 9th, 2002 at 05:24 AM.
Old Jan 8th, 2002, 08:24 PM   #11
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
That is something I don't know, the cat. I wish we could ask Alyona about that.
Old Jan 9th, 2002, 05:29 AM   #12
the cat

Tenn_ace, don't fret about the bad start for the WTA's Russian girls. Because if they don't improve, they will be surpassed in a couple of years by the best group of junior girls in the world. The Russian junior girls. Certainly some of them will become better than Kournikova and Dementieva, who have been underachievers so far in their careers.
Old Jan 9th, 2002, 11:00 PM   #13
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

Now that even the veteran ELENA LIKHOTSEVA has bitten the dust, things do indeed look Bleak!

Yes it is early, but for NOT ONE player to come through impressively is really unfortunate.

Thank God our own EGGY is already on his white horse, charging over to Australia to SAVE THE DAY!

GO EGGY! Help ANASTASIA and LINA and ELENA D!
auntie janie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2002, 11:39 PM   #14
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Everyone seems to ignore our little Alinka, who is still in ..

Go Alinka!
Old Jan 9th, 2002, 11:42 PM   #15
the cat

Eggy is Down Under? That's great news!

As I've said recently, the best Russian junior girls will be better than the stumbling Russian WTA players in a couple of years.

I'm worried about Elena D. and Lina K. this year. I don't see any signs of developement in either of them.

And Janie, I'm glad you've stopped saying how Elena D. played better in 2001 than 2000. I just hope Elena plays better in 2002, than she did in 2001.