"Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #121
country flag SilverSlam

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon

Maybe Ana too knows that when she plays MMs nowadays she seems to try less. Maybe it's not intentional but she just can't find the motivation to put in 100% be it her not wanting to risk injuries (which have happened a lot in recent times) or a different reason.

You also have to remember, no one really expected JJ to perform so well at RG, and furthermore there's no way Ana could have predicted JJ taking a last minute WC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #122
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Maybe Ana too knows that when she plays MMs nowadays she seems to try less. Maybe it's not intentional but she just can't find the motivation to put in 100% be it her not wanting to risk injuries (which have happened a lot in recent times) or a different reason.

You also have to remember, no one really expected JJ to perform so well at RG, and furthermore there's no way Ana could have predicted JJ taking a last minute WC.
Does Ana really have the right to "try less" at MMs though? Does she? This is basically what I'm talking about. The fact she actually has the nerve to believe these tournaments are beneath her I have no problems with her playing Eastbourne. I just have no problems with Jelena vulturing Nuremberg to get that Top 12 ranking either, since Ana didn't bother playing Birmingham. It's as if she believes she'll be making finals every week, hence her choosing not to play tournaments because she might possibly get fatigued
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #123
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry. View Post
Does Ana really have the right to "try less" at MMs though? Does she? This is basically what I'm talking about. The fact she actually has the nerve to believe these tournaments are beneath her I have no problems with her playing Eastbourne. I just have no problems with Jelena vulturing Nuremberg to get that Top 12 ranking either, since Ana didn't bother playing Birmingham. It's as if she believes she'll be making finals every week, hence her choosing not to play tournaments because she might possibly get fatigued
And yet, some tennis "experts" agree with her limited scheduling and agree these MM tournaments are in fact beneath a champion like Ana Ivanovic. I do not.
RU90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #124
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

Little bit annoyed due to the fact that ana ain't even seeded at eastbourne, are they crazy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
And people said this is better that WTA jajaja, any WTa match is better than this clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, most WTA matches end in 6-0 6-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaspin View Post
You are jar jar binks.
MaKiri94 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #125
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe Ana too knows that when she plays MMs nowadays she seems to try less. Maybe it's not intentional but she just can't find the motivation to put in 100% be it her not wanting to risk injuries (which have happened a lot in recent times) or a different reason."
Definition of unprofessional behaviour. Once you are on court, you have to try your hardest, be it a MM or a Grand Slam.

This lack of effort also leads to other issues.. on MM she doesn't try her hardest.. when she is getting outplayed, she stops trying.. when she plays top players, she feels like its not worth trying her hardest as its useless.. and on it goes the list of situations she just tries less.

Quote:
Ana lost before JJ at RG.. so by monday of last week she knew very well there was a strong possibility to lose that top 12 seed.. and she still chose to do nothing.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #126
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri94 View Post
Little bit annoyed due to the fact that ana ain't even seeded at eastbourne, are they crazy??
I think Ana will be seeded at Eastbourne. Either 7th or 8th seed, I'm not sure. Don't take the rankings at the Eastbourne web for granted.. they are not up to date.

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #127
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I think Ana will be seeded at Eastbourne. Either 7th or 8th seed, I'm not sure. Don't take the rankings at the Eastbourne web for granted.. they are not up to date.
Well just looking here http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-eve...omens-Singles/
Marion is the last seeded player but I hope they update it.

Quote:
And people said this is better that WTA jajaja, any WTa match is better than this clown
Quote:
Quote:
You are jar jar binks.
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #128
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
This to the nth degree. I mean, I'm not going to hope for Jelena to lose to Petkovic or whatever. At least she clearly knows the importance of attaining that Top 12 for Wimbledon and the difference it makes, hence why she chose to play/vulture/whatever Nuremberg. Unlike a certain somebody who still schedules her year as if she were a Top 10 player. But I guess how could you blame her. Tournaments like Birmingham are beneath greats like her
Quote:
Exactly! As if she could afford to tank MMs!

She should see what she really wants to get from her career.. because if she wants to be top 10 and play major QFs, she should look at things with a more realistic view. Its not coincidence her best result at a slam since 2008 came when she was actually seeded in the top 12. She obviously sees that she is losing everytime she faces a top player, so its not like she is playing semis and finals every week. But instead of looking at it practically, she seems to take it as if it was bad luck! Like.. oh damn, bad luck! Everytime I get to the round of 16 I play a top 4 player! So expecting luck to strike soon, she just keeps scheduling as if she were going to find an open path to the finals in all other tournaments.. she can't overschedule, because playing 4 weeks in a row is just draining! Heck, she hasn't played a single final in almost 2 years! She has to see she plays 3 matches in each tournament max, and facing a top 4 in round of 16 is not matter of luck, but matter of her seeding. She can change that, but she and what's worse to me, the people around her like Nigel who should be knowledgeable about all this, don't seem to see that its in her hands.. not only by winning those round of 16 top 4 matches, but by avoiding them and getting better draws with a better seeding position.

But sure... if she wants to just wander around top 20 on talent alone she can have all holidays and tank and skip all tournaments she doesn't feel like playing or feels are beneath her..

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #129
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri94 View Post
Well just looking here http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-eve...omens-Singles/
Marion is the last seeded player but I hope they update it.
Its not up to date.. they have the rankings of time of entry. But for seedings they will use this week's ranking. So Ana will be ahead of Marion.

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #130
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute

I understand what you are all guys saying and I agree to some point, but what can I say, I love Ana so much that I can't even be angry. Even if I would try, it wouldn't work.
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #131
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Its not up to date.. they have the rankings of time of entry. But for seedings they will use this week's ranking. So Ana will be ahead of Marion.
Ahh ok thanks just hope they will update it tho ana needs to be seeded there if not they are making a huge mistake.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are jar jar binks.
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #132
country flag gaviotabr

Petko beat JJ in the semis of Nuremberg.. and the 12th seed for Wimbledon miraculously fell on Ana's lap. Use it well please!

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #133
country flag gaviotabr

Pics of Ana in Eastbourne today:

Quote:
Laureus ‏@LaureusSport 4h
Gearing up for our interview with Ana Ivanovic later. Here she is practicing at Eastbourne! pic.twitter.com/DYGdv1cu0F
View photo Reply Retweet Favorite More
Quote:
Laureus ‏@LaureusSport 2h
Our interview guest Ana Ivanovic on a lovely day in Eastbourne ahead of #aegoninternational pic.twitter.com/ZNrlXSjyne
View photo

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #134
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

This is miracle, she's 12th seed at WB, I hope you'll use this chance

Jelena

V. Petković Dis
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #135
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Ana should send JJ some flowers.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote