"Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #421
country flag Милан_СРБ

Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: "Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon

There is no coach who could help her, ONLY a psychologist can repair her damaged brain (but she won't hire anyone, she will read some books, or ask her mother 'if she needs help') !
Her shots were there, but she had no game plan at all... She lost so many points playing like brainless ballbasher without trying to put some presure on Bouchard back.
Let's face it, she is an average top 30 player nowadays and she really deserve that because she thinks there is no problem at all. She could be great player (like she used to in '07, '08) but she decided to became an average (skeleton) player, which is maybe good for her, but I'm not gonna waste my time on spoiled kid who is not even aware that she has huge problem!

I'm over and out...
or why we insist on reminding that Ana Ivanovic a "former French Open champion",
even though almost any serious tennis fan would know that!
Милан_СРБ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #422
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
There's no magical wand or magical coach. She's the one who needs to change and, as we know, it won't happen. She has changed so many coaches so far and nothing helped. It's not the coach, it's her. Nigel tried to make her game more stable in the beginning, but that was only in the beginning, he started telling her to wear the pants not long after that. FFS, he's not an idiot, he doesn't ask her to push like a moron, it's her decision. She is gutless and that's it. She feels safer when she's pushing. Her shot selection is laughable, she can't read her opponent's serve at all. She's rushing. That's not about coach, but about her. Whose fault is it that she doesn't have a fitness coach and physio? Whose fault is it that she has a schedule like a top 5 player? Why doesn't she try harder on MMs? Why doesn't she enter Budapest or Palermo? She barely played on grass, she can continue a clay season.

It's really crazy to assume that Nigel doesn't see some pretty obvious things, it can't be that we're all here smarter and better coaches than him. There's no way that he knows nothing about her game and tactics. It simply can't be done with her. She lost some weight again, as I could see. She won't hire a psychologist, she won't get any bigger and stronger, it doesn't look like she wants to work hard. So, what can any coach do there? To spank her? To teach her some responsibility and maturity? It's not in their job's description.

She will fire him, however. She's a lazy and spoiled brat, so she hopes that she can buy a coach who will magically fix her game and brain. Sorry, that's not gonna happen.
Man Tanja.. I couldn't disagree more from this.

Sure Ana is the one to blame.. but Nigel choose a game path for her that is the death of all her weapons.. that's fact. Sure he doesn't want her to push.. but its actually hard to hit out when you are practicing getting consistency of shots and hitting with margin and spin. He wants her to play sort of like Vika, consistency and agrression. But Ana is NOT Vika.. and won't ever be able to play like her. Its like asking of Sharapova to play like Radwanska. Doesn't work, and negates all of her weapons. Even great coaches make mistakes, and he obviously did it when choosing the game path he believed would help Ana. It didn't, and it doesn't.

Teaching maturity and work ethic is very much into a coach's job description.. as is motivation. Being a coach isn't just teaching to hit a BH when your player feels like training. Its also in the job description to open your players eyes, and telling her the right tactics. Its also in the coach's job description to help the player with schedule, and telling her what she needs to do to improve. Nigel's coaching time outs have been abysmal.. as pathetic as Ana's performances and lack of gut. He enables her, just allows her to slack of, all while telling her she is working hard.

Sure, its NOT Nigel's fault the Ana's career has gone down the drain. Its TOTALLY her own fault. But if a coach isn't helping you in any way.. game wise, motivation wise, work ethic wise.. then he is useless as well. Sure, there is no magic wand and no magic coach to fix Ana.. maybe she won't ever be fixed.. maybe she doesn't even want to be fixed... but if the coach couldn't care less either, then why pay him the big bucks at the end of the month?

I don't think Ana will fire Nigel.. he is just the kind of coach her lazy ass wants.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #423
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, every time Ana plays Razzano she loses the next match..

#jinx

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #424
country flag Nalby fan

Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold

If Ana is correct and she knew nothing of Genies style of play,then that is all on the coach IMHO. It is their job to scout out future opposition and work out tactics. Can you ever imagine Brad Gilbert sending out his player with no idea of what the opponent might throw at them?
Nalby fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #425
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

It is true that at the end of the day everything is on Ana's racquet(and head), but Nigel has to go. It is a normal thing after this period of time and average or bad results.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #10
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali 2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #426
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

She just needs to grow up, as simple as that.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #427
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Sure Ana is the one to blame.. but Nigel choose a game path for her that is the death of all her weapons.. that's fact.
I stopped here.

You are saying that this is a fact???? It's like saying that it's a fact that he's the most stupid person in the world or .... he could be Kworb, her biggest hater. Actually, not only that he's an idiot, it also means that she's an idiot, her whole team is in fact. They are all deluded and they believe that she can play like Hingis. Izzy, I see how much you love this theory of yours, but they didn't choose that path. Nobody sane would ever choose to make her play without serve and forehand. He can't be that blind, inexperienced, brainless or naive.

Let's show just some basic respect to someone who knows about tennis much more than we ever will. I'm sorry, Izzy, but there's no fucking way that you see something he doesn't. They all know what she should do, but it just can't be done anymore. Her body is broken, her head is screwed completely. She can gain weight, start hitting big again, it won't help. The thing we see on the court is not her gameplan, it's a textbook example of panic. Rushing, screaming, running like a headless turkey.

That's all I have to say about the whole issue. I'm tired of beating a dead horse. I lost my faith in her completely. Her mental issues can't be solved. I don't know if it's just anxiety or some much deeper issues related. I mean... she's losing weight again ffs. That's a pretty messed up confidence issue, she's so insecure, it's painful to follow her.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #428
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Cajka I understand your anger, but you know that after all we will stick together to support Ana again. We love her too much. There are huge problems, that is obvious, but Nigel has to go. Whatever is problem, even if it's just Ana, there is no reason keeping him as a coach anymore. He did his job, it worked sometimes, but mostly didn't and that is that.
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali 2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #429
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I stopped here.

You are saying that this is a fact???? It's like saying that it's a fact that he's the most stupid person in the world or .... he could be Kworb, her biggest hater. Actually, not only that he's an idiot, it also means that she's an idiot, her whole team is in fact. They are all deluded and they believe that she can play like Hingis. Izzy, I see how much you love this theory of yours, but they didn't choose that path. Nobody sane would ever choose to make her play without serve and forehand. He can't be that blind, inexperienced, brainless or naive.

Let's show just some basic respect to someone who knows about tennis much more than we ever will. I'm sorry, Izzy, but there's no fucking way that you see something he doesn't. They all know what she should do, but it just can't be done anymore. Her body is broken, her head is screwed completely. She can gain weight, start hitting big again, it won't help. The thing we see on the court is not her gameplan, it's a textbook example of panic. Rushing, screaming, running like a headless turkey.

That's all I have to say about the whole issue. I'm tired of beating a dead horse. I lost my faith in her completely. Her mental issues can't be solved. I don't know if it's just anxiety or some much deeper issues related. I mean... she's losing weight again ffs. That's a pretty messed up confidence issue, she's so insecure, it's painful to follow her.
First thing Nigel said he would do was to desconstruct Ana's FH to make her hit it with way more spin. That he thought that was a necessary move to make her game more stable and less prone to errors. HE SAID THIS. Words that came out of his mouth. It killed her FH.

Even great coaches make mistakes Tanja. Maybe Nigel thought, in all earnest, that Ana could play like he envisioned.. consistency and agression. By his own words, that's the future of tennis. She can't. So it could've been the right game path for a bunch of players, but it wasn't for her.

So you are saying that just because Nigel is such a great and experienced coach he never made a mistake in his whole life? He never had an idea that didn't work? That's being way naive my friend.

I agree with all you said about Ana.. but Nigel has made his own mistakes as well. Sure, maybe if he had chosen a better game path, maybe if he had not tried to desconstruct Ana's FH (by his OWN words), Ana would've still turned herself into the mess she is. But having a coach that isn't helping you.. simply doesn't help. He isn't exempt of blame.

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #430
Ana'sProcess

Sharapova loosing to Larcher de Brito... what a mess this tournament has become.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #431
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
BTW, every time Ana plays Razzano she loses the next match..

#jinx
Sydney 2008
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #432
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
Sydney 2008
Back then she still put heart in her matches.. so she fought back to beat Srebotnik in 3.

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #433
country flag gaviotabr

OMG Ana..

Quote:
"So it was just one of those days."

The defeat marks Ana's earliest defeat at a Grand Slam since the 2011 French Open.

The 25-year-old was not the only seed to suffer a shock exit: No.2 Victoria Azarenka pulled out through injury while No.3 Maria Sharapova was stunned in straight sets by world No.131 Michelle Larcher Brito.
Since so many seeds lost today.. and Ana is just blaming this horror show in "one of those days".. she is just going to think she has no problem..

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #434
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear,what a mess. I just don't understand how she does it. How on earth can a healthy in -form player throw away chance after chance?! In the end of the last season Ana was talking about getting to top 10 this year but she is doing everything she can to never get there again.
She underestimates her opponents,plays far too few warm-ups prior to slams,doesn't take advantage of her ranking to enter smaller venus unlike JJ. Oh dear... will she ever get to that light in the end of the tunnel...?

Also,I wouldn't blame all this on Nigel. He's a good coach, always very calm and supportive when things get tough. I think that others would be long gone after a few months with her if they were to watch this kind of flops over and over again.
I just hope she won't lose her mind and let him go because if she does she is basically done. No chance for top 10 anymore. Ever.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #435
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Oh dear,what a mess. I just don't understand how she does it. How on earth can a healthy in -form player throw away chance after chance?! In the end of the last season Ana was talking about getting to top 10 this year but she is doing everything she can to never get there again.
She underestimates her opponents,plays far too few warm-ups prior to slams,doesn't take advantage of her ranking to enter smaller venus unlike JJ. Oh dear... will she ever get to that light in the end of the tunnel...?

Also,I wouldn't blame all this on Nigel. He's a good coach, always very calm and supportive when things get tough. I think that others would be long gone after a few months with her if they were to watch this kind of flops over and over again.
I just hope she won't lose her mind and let him go because if she does she is basically done. No chance for top 10 anymore. Ever.
As if she has any chance whatsoever at top 10 WITH him..

He is still with her because he is a total enabler.. as he said himself.. "Ana do whatever you feel like at the moment..".

Nobody is blaming all this on Nigel. This is Ana's fault. But its been 2 whole years with him and he hasn't helped.. at all. What makes anyone think that he could help in the future? And if he isn't helping, then why pay for that heavy paycheck each month? Ana earns by wins, he doesnt.