"Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #406
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
Ok, top 20. You understand my point, Ana is better player, yet Genie beat her easily with no problems. It's too much really. I want Genie to reach 4th round, good luck with Carla...
Ana WAS better player, unfortunately

Sucide: 50 W: Baku '13
FITD Singles: 44 W: 's-Hertogenbosch '14, Quebec '14
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #407
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Nigel has to go. That's that. I believe he is a nice guy, good man, thanks for all his help to bring back Ana to be at least a bit more better than in 2009, but this just takes too many time. If Ana thinks they should still remain together, than she is wrong.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #10
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham,
Tokyo
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #408
country flag Horizon

Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future

I agree Ana should probably move on from Nigel now.

Although who are we actually looking for? Is there anybody out there who can actually whip some shape into Ana? Salvage some former potential? I doubt it at this point.

Not to mention Ana seems comfortable with the set up. He is too soft.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #409
country flag Vasa

Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all

If she refuses to become and athlete no coach can help her, skeletons can't do sport, stop talking about motivation.
Vasa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #410
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute

Who is the former coach of Ivanovic who also coached Graf? I think he should come back. But, hmmm seems impossible
dogwonder24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #411
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Heinz Gunthardt.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #10
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham,
Tokyo
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #412
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
Heinz Gunthardt.
Yeah him. What do yo think guys?
dogwonder24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #413
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
Only caught the second set because I didn't know it was being rescheduled but that was pathetic. I mean Bouchard played well, no question, but she was getting tighter and tighter as she inched towards the finishing line and Ana just didn't let her. And part of that has to do with the fact that Ana just couldn't hit through her anymore

Something needs to happen... I'm not sure Nigel has the answers. I fear that every asset she once had has now been taken away from her.
Bouchard was totally ready to choke at the end.. but of course Ana would let her. Just rushing everything with no need.. and botching every single putaway.

I don't think Nigel has the answers. I know this might not be a popular view in this forum, but I think Nigel choose a wrong game path for Ana when they started working together. And the result is what we have now.. maybe her game is a tiny bit more stable.. but it has lost every single weapon, every single asset that once made it special. He choose to make Ana's game more about consistency.. get her to hit with more spin.. remember Ana said that the first thing he did was change her FH because she used to hit too flat. So they worked on landing more balls inside the court.. but in contrast, all her shots became utterly useless. All her weapons, everything that made her a top player in the past got destroyed and is now inexistent. He tried to go for a game of percentages, to try to play like Vika maybe.. deep consistent shots. But Ana is not fast enough or court smart enough for that. That's simply not the game she should be playing. And then we have this new mediocre weaponless player. People told me when I first said this in 2011 that I was wrong, overreacting and that I should give them time.. that after getting a more stable game she would develop her weapons again. But I said.. no, this won't happen because Ana's natural game path and this game path Nigel and her set out to use and opposites, are far apart. That she would have to go back to 0 and start it all over if she ever wanted to recover her weapons. And that's what we've been seeing.. time has only made Ana's shots even more useless as the further she gets in this game path the further she goes from her weapons and from the game she should be playing.

But well.. as if it mattered.. doubt she will do anything for things to change.. she is in a comfortable spot.. with a bunch of enablers around her.

I'm not even going to talk about her turning into a gutless brainless idiot. Once we could at least count on her to fight, at least a tiny bit, now she just gets down on herself and rushes everything until she loses as fast as possible.. not even going to talk about how Ana has no brain and can't think a match through.. I read on twitter she reads matches like Ray Charles.. True..

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #414
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I agree Ana should probably move on from Nigel now.
Why would she ever let Nigel go? After watching that coaching time out in Eastbourne, it's clear why she keeps him around. Ana's smart. She basically has a team of people around her who keep telling her she's doing it right and enabling her. As long as they're getting them paychecks Also, sacking him and getting a new coach would actually show that she still cares about her career, but let's face it, that's pure fiction at the moment

Last edited by Harry. : Jun 26th, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #415
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry. View Post
Why would she ever let Nigel go? After watching that coaching time out in Eastbourne, it's clear why she keeps him around. Ana's smart. She basically has a team of people around her who keep telling her she's doing it right and enabling her. As long as they're getting them paychecks
Exactly.. she is not letting Nigel go.. she will keep him because she wants to fool herself that she is working hard and doing the right things..

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #416
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Stephanie Myles ‏@exposbabe 2m
Ivanovic on Bouchard: Was the first time I actually I saw her play, so it was obviously a little bit tough to get used to.
We can see Ana did her homework and was totally ready to play this match!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #417
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Stephanie Myles ‏@exposbabe 1m
(Contd): "I thought maybe they end of the match she would get tight, but she was really the whole way through strong."
Expand

Ana...

Genie was tighter than 4 size small jeans. You were the one who didn't allow her to choke by hitting simple errors and double faults in that last game.

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #418
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stephanie Myles ‏@exposbabe
Ivanovic on Bouchard: Was the first time I actually I saw her play, so it was obviously a little bit tough to get used to.

Stephanie Myles ‏@exposbabe
(Contd): "I thought maybe they end of the match she would get tight, but she was really the whole way through strong."
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #419
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Ana gave an interview to Nebojsa Viskovic (SportKlub) after her match with Razzano...He suggested to Ana to talk to BoJo about Genie since she played against her...Ana said she knows nothing about Genie, never saw her playing, doesn't know what to expect from her...Then Nebojsa said that Genie has won Wimbledon title as a junior player and Ana's reaction was..." Yes,but she 's young and has no experience..."...She thought Genie would be insecure...or choking...

There was a time in the past when Ana would repeat that line pretty often : "I never saw her playing"..."I didn't know what to expect"...and i always thought - it's so stupid to say something like that at the presser...Especially if it's true...Nothing has changed and it's sad to see that Nigel didn't bother to do his homework...
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #420
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

There's no magical wand or magical coach. She's the one who needs to change and, as we know, it won't happen. She has changed so many coaches so far and nothing helped. It's not the coach, it's her. Nigel tried to make her game more stable in the beginning, but that was only in the beginning, he started telling her to wear the pants not long after that. FFS, he's not an idiot, he doesn't ask her to push like a moron, it's her decision. She is gutless and that's it. She feels safer when she's pushing. Her shot selection is laughable, she can't read her opponent's serve at all. She's rushing. That's not about coach, but about her. Whose fault is it that she doesn't have a fitness coach and physio? Whose fault is it that she has a schedule like a top 5 player? Why doesn't she try harder on MMs? Why doesn't she enter Budapest or Palermo? She barely played on grass, she can continue a clay season.

It's really crazy to assume that Nigel doesn't see some pretty obvious things, it can't be that we're all here smarter and better coaches than him. There's no way that he knows nothing about her game and tactics. It simply can't be done with her. She lost some weight again, as I could see. She won't hire a psychologist, she won't get any bigger and stronger, it doesn't look like she wants to work hard. So, what can any coach do there? To spank her? To teach her some responsibility and maturity? It's not in their job's description.

She will fire him, however. She's a lazy and spoiled brat, so she hopes that she can buy a coach who will magically fix her game and brain. Sorry, that's not gonna happen.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote