"Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 17th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #211
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalby fan View Post
It makes no sense. It's not like Ana has been vulturing titles left right and center,is it? And surely he'd love to coach a player to victory here? The Wimbledon party isn't that big a deal is it?

Too many questions to be answered.
This tank was expected from Ana.. but I was even more disappointed at Nigel's coaching time out.. she played even worse and cared even less after he came on and I don't blame her for that. She was trying to look interested, even asking him for tactical advice, for tips on where to hit, and all he could say was.. "it doesn't matter.. do whatever you feel like.. keep going..". I mean... If I were here I'd be even more lost. No wonder that she truly was.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 17th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #212
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by currie84 View Post
You're givin Ana's game too much credit.She's in no position to tank.She's just not good enough,especially on grass.Next.
Ana's game on grass sucks.. but she couldn't care less and barely tried in this match.. if she tried a tiny bit maybe she could've won..

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #213
country flag Vasa

Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all

She has to be super sexy on Wimbledon Party...
Vasa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #214
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Didn't watch the first set, but the rest of it reminded me of why I'd thought it had been more logical to play in Birmingham. I've never thought Ana can play well in Eastbourne, one week before Wimbly, the week of the glorious party. On top of that, she can't hit a backhand and she played a pumped-up Vesnina, who is good on grass. At least she lost to Elena, whom I like, but I know that Ana is going to be much better at Wimbledon, although she's still a player with no maturity.
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #215
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure that Ana's original plan for this tournament is to play competitive 1st round match, and "practice sessions" scenario to use just for 2nd round.
But unfortunately, growing possibility that this seasons tournament schedule will be seriously damaged by rain, forced hers to rethinking to escape this event little bit earlier...

Important part of Ana's preparations for slams is to protect herself of any kind of tiredness and big efforts in last two weeks before slams, so no big surprise that on this tournament (which is just ONE week before Wimbledon slam) hers personal record is so bizarre after 6th MD participations: 3 times she W/O before 1st round match, twice lose 1st round match, and just once survive 1st round (lose in 2nd of course). Talking about bizarre things connected with this match, I must to note way how Vesnina being broken in 3rd set. Ana broke her easy 3 out of 4 service games in 1st set which she played seriously, but when since start of 2nd set Ana turned into practice mod, she is very careful to not have any BP, despite almost in every Vesnina service game there is 0-30 or 15-30 or 30-30 or DEUCE score at some moment. But ingenious mental giant Vesnina still managed to be broken on only possible way in such situation: she hit 3 DF's in the row with obvious nervous breakdown at the end of that game So, at least good thing with this upset one round earlier than I expected is fact that next round gift goes to player which much more needs that than someone like Watson or Lepchenko.

Now we must to focus here on most important thing for Ana this week, which is not for sure Eastbourne tournament where she attended just to feel grass surface before SW19, and is not pre-Wimbledon Players Party (despite it is important for such superstar and hers sponsors) - but it's Wimbledon draw, because there is many danger unseeded dark horses, and there is big difference between some 17-24 seeds (R32 opponent) and 5-8 seeds (R16 opponent). Wish her good luck on draw.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #216
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
I'm pretty sure that Ana's original plan for this tournament is to play competitive 1st round match, and "practice sessions" scenario to use just for 2nd round.
But unfortunately, growing possibility that this seasons tournament schedule will be seriously damaged by rain, forced hers to rethinking to escape this event little bit earlier...

Important part of Ana's preparations for slams is to protect herself of any kind of tiredness and big efforts in last two weeks before slams, so no big surprise that on this tournament (which is just ONE week before Wimbledon slam) hers personal record is so bizarre after 6th MD participations: 3 times she W/O before 1st round match, twice lose 1st round match, and just once survive 1st round (lose in 2nd of course). Talking about bizarre things connected with this match, I must to note way how Vesnina being broken in 3rd set. Ana broke her easy 3 out of 4 service games in 1st set which she played seriously, but when since start of 2nd set Ana turned into practice mod, she is very careful to not have any BP, despite almost in every Vesnina service game there is 0-30 or 15-30 or 30-30 or DEUCE score at some moment. But ingenious mental giant Vesnina still managed to be broken on only possible way in such situation: she hit 3 DF's in the row with obvious nervous breakdown at the end of that game So, at least good thing with this upset one round earlier than I expected is fact that next round gift goes to player which much more needs that than someone like Watson or Lepchenko.

Now we must to focus here on most important thing for Ana this week, which is not for sure Eastbourne tournament where she attended just to feel grass surface before SW19, and is not pre-Wimbledon Players Party (despite it is important for such superstar and hers sponsors) - but it's Wimbledon draw, because there is many danger unseeded dark horses, and there is big difference between some 17-24 seeds (R32 opponent) and 5-8 seeds (R16 opponent). Wish her good luck on draw.
Nothing new, we all know that, another try to look intelligent.
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #217
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

After the things she said about grass warm-ups last year, why do you ppl care about this tournament. She said it very clearly. She doesn't take it seriously, she's just there to play a match or two. One match in 3 sets is the best solution, obviously. Somebody said that we're flattering her by saying she tanked, because she's not in position to tank. Well, she's not, but she does it.
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #218
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

So...if i got you right, Ana has changed her mind and decided to lose to Vesnina due to a bad weather?...She was expecting a lot of rain delays and that might ruin her plans?...Poor girl, she's playing in England for the first time in her life, so she didn't know what kind of weather to expect?...I guess she's can't wait to go to sunny and humid Wimbledone ...

Ana wants to "protect" herself from any kind of tiredness and big effords two weeks before Wimby?...She might get tired of waiting for rain to stop and we don't want anything to get between Ana and her perfect grass game and Wimbledone title?..I mean..Ana has played so many tournaments this year, both singles and doubles, unlike Sara Errani who has played her 84th match against Serena in SF of RG...And she's never tired...despite big effords...Seems that "Juice Plus" doesn't work for Ana, huh?

Oh, and beauty at the end of your post...pearl of wisdom..."Ana was very careful not to have a BP on Vesnina serve"...because she might convert it accidentally?...And you dare to laugh at Vesnina by calling her "ingenious mental giant" because she won a match? Or because she didn't realized Ana was losing on purpose?...No, it's because she got broken in 3rd set...How "ingenious" is to go to most important GS of the year without decent preparations and tanking after winning just one set?...But,hey!...Hope is last to die and Ana still has time to get to the top 10 while waiting for other girls to lose points ...Now THAT'S "ingenious" plan!!!
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #219
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
So...if i got you right, Ana has changed her mind and decided to lose to Vesnina due to a bad weather?...She was expecting a lot of rain delays and that might ruin her plans?...Poor girl, she's playing in England for the first time in her life, so she didn't know what kind of weather to expect?...I guess she's can't wait to go to sunny and humid Wimbledone ...
2nd round matches is scheduled for Wednesday, so eventual one day delay will move that to Thursday, which is way to close to Wimbledon start, and on day when is Players Party.

Quote:
Ana wants to "protect" herself from any kind of tiredness and big effords two weeks before Wimby?
Its not about Wimbledon 2013 but about every single slam from past (and future) - she turned pro in 2003, and its always worked for Ana on that way, and she have enough time to get to know hers own body and head For example, only time when she compete seriously at Eastbourne (2011) when she achieve hers only win there (vs Goerges, and tried hard vs Venus in 2nd round) - next week in Wimbledon she achieve careers most pathetic Wimbledon lose vs #80 Cetkovska.

Quote:
Oh, and beauty at the end of your post...pearl of wisdom..."Ana was very careful not to have a BP on Vesnina serve"...because she might convert it accidentally?...And you dare to laugh at Vesnina by calling her "ingenious mental giant" because she won a match? Or because she didn't realized Ana was losing on purpose?...No, it's because she got broken in 3rd set...How "ingenious" is to go to most important GS of the year without decent preparations and tanking after winning just one set?...But,hey!...Hope is last to die and Ana still has time to get to the top 10 while waiting for other girls to lose points ...Now THAT'S "ingenious" plan!!!
Only way for her to be broken in that set against player who not care about result is to make 3 DF's in the row - and she did it... so I call that very bizarre.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #220
country flag MissF

MissF is an unknown quantity at this point

Disappoinment after disappointment.. No, seriously, what does it mean "tank a tournament"? OMG, she is nowhere near the position to do that. She barely wins 3-4 matches at a tournament and has been without wins for a very long time.
Ana is not a serious player, unfortunately :-( As many of you mentioned, she's 26 soon and her tennis youth is long gone, but I look at players who keep improving and winning titles at a mature age and then I look at Ana, and see no perspective. Sorry for sounding pessimistic. I always believe and hope for the better, and miracles can happen. But I think in 2, 3 years Ana's fans will still be doubting and speculating over her draws, her seeding, hoping for some good wins, and wait till Ana considers a tournament worth playing and fighting for. I am a Federer fan and this attitude is unacceptable for me.
MissF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #221
country flag Linguae^

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post

Ana wants to "protect" herself from any kind of tiredness and big effords two weeks before Wimby?...She might get tired of waiting for rain to stop and we don't want anything to get between Ana and her perfect grass game and Wimbledone title?..I mean..Ana has played so many tournaments this year, both singles and doubles, unlike Sara Errani who has played her 84th match against Serena in SF of RG...And she's never tired...despite big effords...Seems that "Juice Plus" doesn't work for Ana, huh?

Let him be the biggest genius the Earth has ever seen, mastering us here like no one else. And his English is so poor.
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #222
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Oh well.. we can't say we didn't expect it.

There is bad and there is that. Horrible showing. Really.. terrible. Ana totally stopped trying once she won the 1st set. It was even funny.. I mean.. she just stopped trying all together.

And then it was even more hilarious when she called Nigel while a break down in the 2nd and he was so.. "yeah, whatever, this is just your first match on grass.. just keep going." Ana asked him if she should hit to Vesnina's FH or BH... and all he could come up with was.. "doesn't matter.. do whatever you feel like in the moment.. its ok.. keep going.." Really.. as if he couldn't care less either. Don't have to mention that after that she tried even less.
He's obviously her enabler. As long as he's getting that pay check
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #223
country flag Vasa

Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all

Imagine Ana fans from England who bought tickets to see her at Eastbourne, that is so disgusting
Vasa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #224
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Just barely got online and saw the result as well.

Should I even bother getting mad?
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #225
country flag Linguae^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
Just barely got online and saw the result as well.

Should I even bother getting mad?
Noo, she's defeating Kvitova at Wimbledon.