"Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #166
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of
Re: "Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon

Maybe this is a silly question, but can she not miss the party?
RU90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #167
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Maybe this is a silly question, but can she not miss the party?
Yes, it is silly question

Why she should to change career/life strategy "be there where You feels more happy" suddenly right after week where nothing wrong seems with that strategy - she use vacation opportunity, but still reached #12 seed status for Wimbledon, instead of player which waste time and energy on Germans dirt to do that

Ana have bad draw in Eastbourne because she needs some much more competitive match with some more danger opponent (Stosur, Robson, Makarova, Bartoli... is unseeded there) in first round, hers final test for SW19, but life is sometimes cruel and no reasons to cry every time because that At least it is good that benefits from Ana's 2nd round practice session will not goes this time to Ulla Radwanska or Ayumi Morita again.

Wish Ana this week brilliant performance in Eastbourne 1st round and on famous Wimbledon's players party, which will brings some extra self-confidence to hers, and of course good draw for Wimbledon (especially for 1st week).

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)

Last edited by Cp6uja : Jun 15th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #168
country flag Милан_СРБ

Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Wish Ana this week brilliant performance in Eastbourne 1st round and on famous Wimbledon's players party, which will brings some extra self-confidence to hers, and of course good draw for Wimbledon (especially for 1st week).
What the hell are you talking about?
She is a tennis player, not a model or something else. She needs to gain self confidence on a tennis court not on a red carpet. This is one and only grass tournament before Wimbledon where she MUST give her best if she want to have good run at Wimbledon. I can't understand if she decide to tank Eastbourn, it wont be smart decision at all.
I'm here to support Ana Ivanovic - tennis player, not a beauty queen.
or why we insist on reminding that Ana Ivanovic a "former French Open champion",
even though almost any serious tennis fan would know that!
Милан_СРБ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #169
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes, it is silly question

Why she should to change career/life strategy "be there where You feels more happy" suddenly right after week where nothing wrong seems with that strategy - she use vacation opportunity, but still reached #12 seed status for Wimbledon, instead of player which waste time and energy on Germans dirt to do that

Ana have bad draw in Eastbourne because she needs some much more competitive match with some more danger opponent (Stosur, Robson, Makarova, Bartoli... is unseeded there) in first round, hers final test for SW19, but life is sometimes cruel and no reasons to cry every time because that At least it is good that benefits from Ana's 2nd round practice session will not goes this time to Ulla Radwanska or Ayumi Morita again.

Shut up.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #170
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Its an okeish draw. Vesnina is no slouch on grass.. she can play quite well. Lets see just how seriously Ana is taking Eastbourne..

But just that we know she might tank to go to a party speak miles of her tennis career.. As Sloane Stephens would say.. "SO disrespectful" to the sport of tennis. But oh well...

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #171
country flag Spring Pools

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

Vesnina is definitely beatable, but Vesnina has a better backhand and better volleys. Ana should win in straights though.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #172
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

She better make the QF and withdraw before the match.. (Probably not gonna happen but oh well)

Pre-Wimbledon Party

Her draw is not bad.. I honestly would love to see that match against Li.

Ana only played her once and lost but it was such a long time ago...

It would be awful to see her losing to Vesnina/Lepchenko/Watson if she's really planning on tanking
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #173
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
She better make the QF and withdraw before the match.. (Probably not gonna happen but oh well)

Pre-Wimbledon Party

Her draw is not bad.. I honestly would love to see that match against Li.

Ana only played her once and lost but it was such a long time ago...

It would be awful to see her losing to Vesnina/Lepchenko/Watson if she's really planning on tanking
Ana's only meeting with Na Li was a retirement in Berlin 2006. Ana won 1st set 6-1 and then injured herself and retired. So its really as if they had no previous h2h.

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #174
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Ana's only meeting with Na Li was a retirement in Berlin 2006. Ana won 1st set 6-1 and then injured herself and retired. So its really as if they had no previous h2h.

I don't know why I thought it was a straight sets lost to her

Then, I would really love to see that match between them and that would probably not happen...

Oh well, as far as I'm concerned she has ever lost to Vesnina... She won the crazy match against Lepchenko in Beijing and I think that was their only meeting and she has never played Watson.

Ana... No excuses not to make the quarters
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #175
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
I don't know why I thought it was a straight sets lost to her

Then, I would really love to see that match between them and that would probably not happen...

Oh well, as far as I'm concerned she has ever lost to Vesnina... She won the crazy match against Lepchenko in Beijing and I think that was their only meeting and she has never played Watson.

Ana... No excuses not to make the quarters
The Wimbledon players party is the perfect excuse, Cp6uja has already stated it!

Ana is 2-0 against Vesnina, never played Watson and barely won that match against Lepchenko.

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #176
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Милан_СРБ View Post
What the hell are you talking about?
She is a tennis player, not a model or something else.
She is... Ana Ivanovic

She is still most important female athlete and female brand ambassador for Adidas, such big sports-industry giant (for Yonex too, as well). For big tennis (and Ana's) sponsor, Rolex company, Wimbledon is by far most important tennis event. She is favorite WTA player of Virgin company owner which is year by year (un)official host of Wimbledon players party (billionaire Richard Benson), and for that pre-Wimbledon party event she is exclusive "model" of important name of British fashion industry Matthew Williamson... etc... etc...

So its not like she is some spoiled girl which much more like night parties than hers basic job (tennis)
BTW if there is no pre-Wimbledon party during next week she will not take seriously Eastbourne after 1st round anyway, because its event just week before slam, and Ana never tried too hard to be competitive on events two weeks before slams, especially on events just week before slams. Some players are euphoric after good week result, and for next week or tournament that previous success helps them to play even better... but it never worked in Ana case - she simple feels empty after every single "success"! This is hers 10th pro-tour season, and we all should to know that.

She will probably destroy Vesnina in 1st round, and practice hers backhand, 2nd serve and volleys in 2nd round (or already escape in 1st round if there will be rain problems with tournament schedule), and its not end of the world if such thing is happen once again
Remember whats happen in only case in last 4 years when Ana is in position to be in #9-#12 GS seeds group (last year at US Open). At last warm-up tournament before that slam she tanked 1st round match on most spectacular way in hers career (double bagel!) - but at USO/2012 she make hers home work well and reach QF

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #177
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Quote:
She is... Ana Ivanovic

She is still most important female athlete and female brand ambassador for Adidas, such big sports-industry giant (for Yonex too, as well). For big tennis (and Ana's) sponsor, Rolex company, Wimbledon is by far most important tennis event. She is favorite WTA player of Virgin company owner which is year by year (un)official host of Wimbledon players party (billionaire Richard Benson), and for that pre-Wimbledon party event she is exclusive "model" of important name of British fashion industry Matthew Williamson... etc... etc...

So its not like she is some spoiled girl which much more like night parties than hers basic job (tennis)
BTW if there is no pre-Wimbledon party during next week she will not take seriously Eastbourne after 1st round anyway, because its event just week before slam, and Ana never tried too hard to be competitive on events two weeks before slams, especially on events just week before slams. Some players are euphoric after good week result, and for next week or tournament that previous success helps them to play even better... but it never worked in Ana case - she simple feels empty after every single "success"! This is hers 10th pro-tour season, and we all should to know that.

She will probably destroy Vesnina in 1st round, and practice hers backhand, 2nd serve and volleys in 2nd round (or already escape in 1st round if there will be rain problems with tournament schedule), and its not end of the world if such thing is happen once again
Remember whats happen in only case in last 4 years when Ana is in position to be in #9-#12 GS seeds group (last year at US Open). At last warm-up tournament before that slam she tanked 1st round match on most spectacular way in hers career (double bagel!) - but at USO/2012 she make hers home work well and reach QF
Still no shutting up.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #178
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
She is... Ana Ivanovic

The thing is.. you are right.. and those are exactly some of the reasons Ana has become this journeywoman..

Doesn't take tennis as seriously as she should (since its her profession and she owes it respect), rather do business than play, doesn't try as hard due to this or that, after wins thinks she already did enough and doesn't feel like playing instead of learning the use of the word momentum... I mean.. yes, you've described Ana perfectly.. you also described why her career has become a failure and stalled.

So yes, all that happens regularly.. yes, Ana is easy to predict.. but all that should change radically if she ever wants to be relevant as a tennis player again.

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #179
country flag Милан_СРБ

Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light Милан_СРБ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
She is... Ana Ivanovic

That is all truth, but she became 'that' because of tennis... Her tennis (and of course her beauty) gave her all those contracts, and that is what I ment when I said she is tennis player, not a model...

Look at Serena for example - she has much more 'off court obligations' than Ana, but she still manage to be a big tennis player, which is not case with Ana.

She must train and play matches enough, there is no 'obligations' that distract her attention.
or why we insist on reminding that Ana Ivanovic a "former French Open champion",
even though almost any serious tennis fan would know that!
Милан_СРБ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #180
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Ana will surprise us with title in Eastborn and tanking pre-Wimbledon party

Milan. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote