Ana's fitness. What's her level really? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #1
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute
Ana's fitness. What's her level really?

Can we try with this thread to discuss how much Ana really takes her fitness seriously?
It's clear that she's only able to show some good energy for 1 set at most.
It's been a norm. Lots of posters in this subforum have said that.
It's clear that she is not in the same level of energy of the other pros.
And I'm not only talking about the top players.

As an example, does anybody know who is the professional responsible for her fitness?
Is he renowned?
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #2
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's fitness. What's her level really?

I think she doesn't have a fitness trainer in her team

Sucide: 50 W: Baku '13
FITD Singles: 44 W: 's-Hertogenbosch '14, Quebec '14
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #3
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

It's a combination of many things, i'm afraid...

1.She lost too much weight, too soon.

2.Her work ethic is weak. She KNOWS how much and how hard she trained back in '07 and '08. She can't practice as hard as she wants because she's always injured...and by that i mean...

3.SHOULDER injury ...that she has 8 years already, without healing it properly. Unlike Sharapova Ana doesn't want to have a surgery, she's "afraid of needles"...she hopes physiotherapy can help and she has a "special cream" to rub on her shoulder...

4.Motivation: She can't motivate herself...The lack of desire and fighting spirit was so obvious today...When she beat Petra in FC last year,the entire Serbian team was on their feet...cheering for her, yelling, supporting her. Her hitting partner was very loud then, he was screaming to her: "Come on,Ana...Come on,champ! That's right,you can do it! That's it! You are doing just fine! Keep on fighting!" Same guy was in JJ box in Bogota doing the same thing...

5.Pause...break...vacaton...recovery time...It's hard for Ana to get back into the shape, to regain top form, to find any rhyrhm and to play at high level if she's having 4-week-long brak after every 2 tournaments...After AO she played match in Pattaya, she didn't play 3 weeks...Doha, Dubai + 4 weeks break...Now she plays IW and Miami and she won't play entire April...She never play in July...

6.She has poor team...They know nothing about tennis...can't give her proper advice..or she wouldn't listen to them....

7.Ana is stubborn...Doesn't want to play MM tournaments...If she plays them, she loses early, she doesn't take them seriously...and

8.Boyfriend...Sadly, she still can't find balance between private life and tennis...Everytime she has a bf she needs a break, a time off, she needs a pause, has to go on vacation...She's tired "mentally and physically"...She looks uninterested on court, flat, like someone forces her to play tennis...

9.Fitness...she has a fitness coach, she works with him...But if Re Giorgio Armani dice que "Ana es perfeta, es un'eleganza innata,non si batte...si,portamento da regina..." would you go and work in the gym?
gloria7 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #4
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Still no signs of improvements.
In last two years (since april of 2011) Ana's WTA tour record in three setters are bad, 6-13! But if we divide all this 3-setters on matches where she played match previous day, and where she not played previous day - we will see better how actually big hers fitness problem. In last two years Ana don't have any 3-setter WTA tour win when she played day-to-day match (lose all 7), and in last 12 months in any of 4 this-like 3-setters (actually 5 matches if we count Hopman Cup final) Ana never managed to win more than 2 games in final set Hers stats in 3-setters when she not played previous day is "normal" W/L record 6-6.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #5
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Still no signs of improvements.
In last two years (since april of 2011) Ana's WTA tour record in three setters are bad, 6-13! But if we divide all this 3-setters on matches where she played match previous day, and where she not played previous day - we will see better how actually big hers fitness problem. In last two years Ana don't have any 3-setter WTA tour win when she played day-to-day match (lose all 7), and in last 12 months in any of 4 this-like 3-setters (actually 5 matches if we count Hopman Cup final) Ana never managed to win more than 2 games in final set Hers stats in 3-setters when she not played previous day is "normal" W/L record 6-6.
And they haven't moved a finger to improve this.. do they (Ana's team and herself) even realize the obvious patterns?

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #6
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Today I read that Ana hasn't won a regular tournament since Linz 2010.. that's so true.. since she last had acceptable fitness. I can't believe there has been almost 3 years and she is still SO unfit. I mean.. someone like Flipkens went from a hospital bed to being super fit at a career high 20 in 6 months.. and Ana can't make herself fit.. its not like she didn't have enough time, its been 3 years of being completely unfit.

Old Mar 28th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #7
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Today I read that Ana hasn't won a regular tournament since Linz 2010.. that's so true.. since she last had acceptable fitness. I can't believe there has been almost 3 years and she is still SO unfit. I mean.. someone like Flipkens went from a hospital bed to being super fit at a career high 20 in 6 months.. and Ana can't make herself fit.. its not like she didn't have enough time, its been 3 years of being completely unfit.
When I watch Ana, I see a player who moves very well on court, fitness never comes across as an issue.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #8
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
When I watch Ana, I see a player who moves very well on court, fitness never comes across as an issue.
Gotta laugh buddy... Ana can't play at all once a match reaches 90 minutes.. She hasn't won a single 3 setter in day to day play in over 1 year. If that's not lack of fitness, than what is? She has no endurance.

Old Jul 9th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #9
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Gotta laugh buddy... Ana can't play at all once a match reaches 90 minutes.. She hasn't won a single 3 setter in day to day play in over 1 year. If that's not lack of fitness, than what is? She has no endurance.
Wow, thats a terrible record... and people complain about KvityGOAT who is always winning 3 set matches
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 02:31 AM   #10
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
3.SHOULDER injury ...that she has 8 years already, without healing it properly. Unlike Sharapova Ana doesn't want to have a surgery, she's "afraid of needles"...she hopes physiotherapy can help and she has a "special cream" to rub on her shoulder...
From my thread about Ana's serve...

Quote:
And Ivanovic, among other genetic assets, has an unusually flexible rotator cuff. “She’s actually too flexible in that area,” says Scott Byrnes, a physiologist who travels at her side full time. “She tends to get unnatural movements in that area, resulting in irritating tears in the small muscles. We’ve had to do a lot of work on stability there.”
That was in 2008. Scott Byrnes already knew.
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #11
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Yes he knew...First tournament Ana had to withdrew due to a shoulder injury was Cremlin Cup in 2005...That was 8 years ago...Then she withdrew from Zurich in 2006...again, shoulder injury....Ana said that shoulder was main reason why she lost to Azarenka in RG 2009....Ana then withrew from Dubai 2010 due to a shoulder injury..she was feeling pain in April 2010, at Wimby 2010....in Bali (among other injuries as wrist, abs and knee) in 2010 and 2011...This year she said shoulder is to blame for her bad play in Pattaya...Her team was talking about problems with shoulder before FC in Stuttgart in April...

So, maybe she had to change her serve motion due to a shoulder injury ...and maybe we should listen Byrness who said that Ana's movements in that area were unnatural from the Day 1...
gloria7 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote