Victoria Azarenka becomes youngest woman to cross $20 million in career earnings - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 20th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #1
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute
Victoria Azarenka becomes youngest woman to cross $20 million in career earnings

Victoria Azarenka becomes youngest woman to cross $20 million in career earnings
http://www.tennisworldusa.org/?section=pre&id=10070

Quote:
World no. 3 Victoria Azarenka has become the youngest woman to cross the $20 million career prize money milestone. The Belarusian, who has won two grand slam titles in her career so far, achieved the milestone by reaching the finals in Rome on Sunday, where she was beaten by world no. 1 Serena Williams.

Despite falling in the Rome final to Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka can take solace in the fact that her runner-up showing pushed her past the $20 million mark in career prize money, making her the 10th player to join that list and the fourth active one. Not only that, but she is the youngest player to achieve the feat.

Here is the complete list, along with the age at which they surpassed $20 million:
Serena currently tops the all time prize money list with earnings of over $44.5 million. Venus Williams and Maria Sharapova, at no. 2 and no. 3 respectively, are the other active players on the list.

PLAYER / PRIZE MONEY/ AGE AT $20 MILLION

SERENA WILLIAMS $44,549,390 26
VENUS WILLIAMS $28,674,658 28
MARIA SHARAPOVA $25,689,934 25
KIM CLIJSTERS $24,442,340 27
LINDSAY DAVENPORT $22,166,338 29
STEFFI GRAF $21,895,277 26
MARTINA NAVRATILOVA $21,626,089 38
JUSTINE HENIN $20,863,335 27
MARTINA HINGIS $20,130,657 26
VICTORIA AZARENKA $20,104,361 23
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #2
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Victoria Azarenka becomes youngest woman to cross $20 million in career earnings

Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #3
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of
Re: Victoria Azarenka becomes youngest woman to cross $20 million in career earnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
http://www.tennisworldusa.org/?section=pre&id=10070
good for her, all top players will enjoy their life after retirements cause they are rich and they deserve it. Milions people plays tennis, only few can make it to the very top

AGA - FUTURE SLAM CHAMP AND WORLD NUMBER ONE

SERENA WILLIAMS - GOAT
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:02 AM   #4
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedompotatoes View Post
weak era + prize money increase has accelerated azarenkas earnings even though she isnt really that good of a player.
It would be interesting to see the what the career earnings for past players would be if they were playing for today's prize money. Maybe one the the stat monkeys here can throw something together?

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:04 AM   #5
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

The money is going up & up. Hopefully some of it trickles down to players outside the top 40.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:06 AM   #6
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Princess. At the rate she wins slams, she should be going higher and higher soon.

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:06 AM   #7
country flag cehowardrx7
73,Old,Dirty,&Fast

cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
weak era + prize money increase has accelerated azarenkas earnings even though she isnt really that good of a player.

hopefully all that monies will make her feel better about all the beatdowns she receive from serena. past and future.
Didn't want to say it myself, but you said it all.

Prize money has quadrupled!! The prize in just one present tournament is 20 times that of a 1st prize 20 years ago. I estimate with that in 20 years from now, 1 SLAM THE 1ST PLACE PRIZE WILL BE OVER 20 MILLION..

Vika is a good player, but the money amount is not a directive on her accomplishments.

Example, pay Seles the same amount of money for her 8 or 9 slams, and it would be more.

BTW, I recall when cigarettes were 15cent a pack. The highest price Mercedes was $10,000!!

73,old, fast, and dirty..My daily warm up: http://www.cehoward.net/stclock.wmv / http://www.cehoward.net/situps1.AVI
Coming down from 3 miles up.. http://www.cehoward.net/188.jpg
My daily commuter motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/pretty4.JPG
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg
cehowardrx7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:14 AM   #8
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Nice for Vika but in itself a list like this doesn't tell me anything.
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:18 AM   #9
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

hopefully all that monies will make her feel better about all the beatdowns she receive from serena. past and future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:18 AM   #10
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, only if the quality of competition can increase by the amount of prize. Not to criticize Azarenaka, mind you, she is a very fine player, but I'm commenting rather on women's tennis in general. As far as I've seen, the level of competition, and excitement that comes with it, is pretty dire; only if WTA can produce that kind of rivalry of Graf-Seles, it would equal its huge prize with the worthy attention. Right now it's just a one woman show performed by Serena, which---while it's great to see her dominance---makes a pretty boring/predictable show.

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:19 AM   #11
country flag Wimbledon9

Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of

The prize money has gone up but the players are not that good and most are boring.
I can say that a couple of great players from the past definitely earned to little for what they accomplished it really is a shame.
Todays players do not deserve what they earn and some great players did not earn what they deserved.
Wimbledon9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:22 AM   #12
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute

big woop...and in 20 years when a players will win a MM she will win 20 millions. Prize money is absolutely not relevant through time
Justin SW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:23 AM   #13
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-insomniac View Post
Yeah, only if the quality of competition can increase by the amount of prize. Not to criticize Azarenaka, mind you, she is a very fine player, but I'm commenting rather on women's tennis in general. As far as I've seen, the level of competition, and excitement that comes with it, is pretty dire; only if WTA can produce that kind of rivalry of Graf-Seles, it would equal its huge prize with the worthy attention. Right now it's just a one woman show performed by Serena, which---while it's great to see her dominance---makes a pretty boring/predictable show.
Ummm I think they'd prefer a lesser version of Chrissie v. Navratilova over another redux of Seles v. Graf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:26 AM   #14
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post
Ummm I think they'd prefer a lesser version of Chrissie v. Navratilova over another redux of Seles v. Graf
I don't know what THEY want. But give me another "pre-stabbing" Graf-Seles matches over any other rivalries anytime; they were very on top of their games, and both relentless competitors. Although Chrisse-Martina is a nice one, I prefer something more contemporary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimbledon9 View Post
Todays players do not deserve what they earn and some great players did not earn what they deserved.
This.

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:28 AM   #15
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Great for her but she is terrible value for money for most tournament directors.
I respect her absence of any PR persona but it hurts the Tour.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote