Sloane needs to turn the agression up a couple of notches! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 21st, 2013, 03:30 AM   #31
country flag dagamezbest

dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sloane needs to turn the agression up a couple of notches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post
She absolutely looked very good at Roland Garros last year. I caught all of her matches except for the one against Stosur. She should be on track to defend those points but I don't feel that is the case at all at this point.
I dont think Sloane's level of play has decreased. In fact she has improved a lot since last years RG R4, what im starting to see is that these girls are playing her way tougher than they did before. They either dont like her in the locker room or respect her game. She made a name for herself in January,so people are figuring out how to play her. She is still in the gray area trying to figure out how to win these matches against tough opponents who are taking it to her. i.e. Pironkova.

Sloane isnt the fastest starter in her matches, She cant afford to come out slow tomorrow working her way into the match, or it will be over fast. She has to hang in there from the start, than she has a chance of winning tomorrow.
dagamezbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2013, 05:21 AM   #32
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane needs to turn the agression up a couple of notches!

Her match against Pironkova is soooo bad

I hope she wakes up tomorrow and realizes she can dispatch of this player so easily
TT Singles Current Ranking: #1 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles(6): Linz 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #28 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles(7): Sofia TOC 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
TT GOAT Armada, Inger67 & SAISAI-GOAT, Shenzhen AO WC Playoff 2014
Inger67 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:45 AM   #33
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloan needs to turn the agression up a couple of notches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
I wasn't trying to take anything away from MS. She was rock solid, but not "Elite" no matter how many big take downs she had. The point I was trying to make, though clearly not very well, was that right now Sloanes career trajectory is that of MS success v/s "Elite" success.

btw, I don't think Megan ever cracked the top 10 did she? I remember her being very close, but I thought her career high was in the low teens. I could be wrong though and am too lazy to look it up.
she made it to #11 twice - and twice got injured at that point. (she had further injuries throughout all of her career. think Kanepi style. shoulder, back etc. that bad types of injuries).

your point is simply not a very good one, in that case - since Meg was very darn good against the top10. she has tons of matches that she pushed GOATs to three set tie-breaks and close matches, in addition to a whole lote of wins over them in comparsion to other #11 ranked players from recent times - namely Peer, Cornet and Vinci.

She may not have been a GS contender, and really, the reason we forget about her is that she was sub-par in the GS category, reaching a single QF in comparsion to our times where a whole lot of scrubs are reaching second week, then doing nothing the rest of thier careers.

she, on the other hand, was surely, at best, good enough to be #6-10 had she kept playing and not having to re-build her career every time.

Sloane, without her AO points is just a big mess ATM. she may improve, but she lacks in all departments in a potential match-up with Meghann.

If you meant to say - Sloane will probably win 6 titles of various levels and reach another 4 finals - maybe so - but that's Sloanes' abbilities when *fit* and *healthy*, whereas Meg did that despite her distrupted career.

if you would like an example of how she played against some PEAK-PIERCE!

Quote:
I wasn't trying to take anything away from MS. She was rock solid, but not "Elite" no matter how many big take downs she had. The point I was trying to make, though clearly not very well, was that right now Sloanes career trajectory is that of MS success v/s "Elite" success.

btw, I don't think Megan ever cracked the top 10 did she? I remember her being very close, but I thought her career high was in the low teens. I could be wrong though and am too lazy to look it up.
she made it to #11 twice - and twice got injured at that point. (she had further injuries throughout all of her career. think Kanepi style. shoulder, back etc. that bad types of injuries).

your point is simply not a very good one, in that case - since Meg was very darn good against the top10. she has tons of matches that she pushed GOATs to three set tie-breaks and close matches, in addition to a whole lote of wins over them in comparsion to other #11 ranked players from recent times - namely Peer, Cornet and Vinci.

She may not have been a GS contender, and really, the reason we forget about her is that she was sub-par in the GS category, reaching a single QF in comparsion to our times where a whole lot of scrubs are reaching second week, then doing nothing the rest of thier careers.

she, on the other hand, was surely, at best, good enough to be #6-10 had she kept playing and not having to re-build her career every time.

Sloane, without her AO points is just a big mess ATM. she may improve, but she lacks in all departments in a potential match-up with Meghann.

If you meant to say - Sloane will probably win 6 titles of various levels and reach another 4 finals - maybe so - but that's Sloanes' abbilities when *fit* and *healthy*, whereas Meg did that despite her distrupted career.

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na8awG3aEZI

her movement around the backhand balls, her abbility to come up to the net for more than just drive volleys and her point construction are those of a tennis player, not just a superb athlete as we see in sloane.

they are incomparable in my books, and sloane will be lucky to be a top player in an era that produced three bad years on tour (1990-1993, maybe even more - depends who you're asking).

i see not enough power on her serve, not enough patience in rallies, not enough domination against lower players and not enough fight on court.
she ain't no Davenport that she can just wait for ball to reach her comfort zone and whack winner - she lacks both technique and arms length for that.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote