Sloane needs to turn the agression up a couple of notches! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 20th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #16
country flag Little Dreamer
テニプリ

Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane needs to turn the agression up a couple of notches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
It's hard to dictate play with a weaksauce backhand though.
Ana Ivanovic does it. If Sloane has good footwork, she could always run around the backhand

Little Dreamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #17
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

She looks as really bad pusher on clay. Compare to her Sara looks like brainless ballbasher.
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #18
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
She almost has no intensity, it's very concerning for a young player. That's why she gets into long 3-setters alot.
Before she started badmouthing Serena, she said that is one of the thing Serena asked and insisted that she starts showing on the court INTENSITY.

Bad the way she was telling story, it did not seem like she was going to follow thru.
She is just comfortable in a passive position, female Monfils w/o the colorful plays

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #19
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know why she didn't play any of the clay MM tournaments? Could have helped her a lot after all the losing...
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #20
TSequoia01

TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future
Re: Sloane needs to turn the aggression up a couple of notches!!

She is playing Brussels now

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER

Victoria Duval - coming to a slam near you
AJLA TOMLJANOVIC definitely a future #1

Serena and Venus grannies with a purpose
TSequoia01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #21
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future

I don't know if people can become more aggressive, or not, but she can definitely work on her point construction. She's a great athlete, but a lot of her retrieving has no plan behind it. She has to work on using her retrieving to move her opponent, and open up the court. Doing that doesn't require a killer attitude, but would give her the space to hit her winners.
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #22
country flag jusluvinjrtennis

jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light

I watch a Sloane Stephens match when I need help falling asleep.
jusluvinjrtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #23
country flag Verena

Verena has a brilliant future Verena has a brilliant future Verena has a brilliant future Verena has a brilliant future Verena has a brilliant future Verena has a brilliant future Verena has a brilliant future Verena has a brilliant future Verena has a brilliant future Verena has a brilliant future Verena has a brilliant future

Everyone knows I have no love lost for this girl. A good part of that stems from the fact that she carries on like she is auditioning for a Real Housewives show. She seems more focused on causing drama than she is on working on her tennis. I mean she seems so passive on court, but comes alive come interview/talk shit time...maybe she could get some more fire if a reporter comes on court to interview her while she she is playing.
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #24
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Worker View Post
She looks as really bad pusher on clay. Compare to her Sara looks like brainless ballbasher.
When she made RG R4 last year she looked really good

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #25
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verena View Post
Everyone knows I have no love lost for this girl. A good part of that stems from the fact that she carries on like she is auditioning for a Real Housewives show. She seems more focused on causing drama than she is on working on her tennis. I mean she seems so passive on court, but comes alive come interview/talk shit time...maybe she could get some more fire if a reporter comes on court to interview her while she she is playing.
I've noticed that too. I wish she would focus more on having a personality on the court. It never looks as if she's having fun out there (even when she's winning) and when she's down its like she doesn't even care unless its a Grand Slam. Pironkova will take her out tomorrow if she doesn't get it together quickly.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #26
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
When she made RG R4 last year she looked really good
She absolutely looked very good at Roland Garros last year. I caught all of her matches except for the one against Stosur. She should be on track to defend those points but I don't feel that is the case at all at this point.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #27
country flag TrojanStallion

TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future

NID. This thread is full of Sloane haters...
TrojanStallion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #28
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloan needs to turn the agression up a couple of notches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
I don't think she does. That backhand is a mess. The prescription for beating her is simply: pound the backhand, get the short ball, put it away. The resulting pressure to deliver on her forehand will produce errors, then... she starts pushing. That's why she got pounded against Maria. And honestly, Maria didn't even have to work that hard.

I MUCH prefer Madison Keyes game. But she has other issues.

As it is, Sloane is on more of a Megan Shaunessy(sp) path than an elite path.

ummmm - no.

Meg was injured in her shoulder just prior entering top10. her serve did ALOT of damage and she hit alot of aces.
she's beaten both WS, Henin, Seles, and other top5 players.

she was very injury prone, and a bit streaky at times - but she was part of one of the strongest top20 eras in WTA.

Sloane? she's high up in a slot of time that 3 players hold all the points.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:04 AM   #29
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloan needs to turn the agression up a couple of notches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonami Slam View Post
ummmm - no.

Meg was injured in her shoulder just prior entering top10. her serve did ALOT of damage and she hit alot of aces.
she's beaten both WS, Henin, Seles, and other top5 players.

she was very injury prone, and a bit streaky at times - but she was part of one of the strongest top20 eras in WTA.

Sloane? she's high up in a slot of time that 3 players hold all the points.
I wasn't trying to take anything away from MS. She was rock solid, but not "Elite" no matter how many big take downs she had. The point I was trying to make, though clearly not very well, was that right now Sloanes career trajectory is that of MS success v/s "Elite" success.

btw, I don't think Megan ever cracked the top 10 did she? I remember her being very close, but I thought her career high was in the low teens. I could be wrong though and am too lazy to look it up.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:22 AM   #30
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFondue View Post
Ana Ivanovic does it. If Sloane has good footwork, she could always run around the backhand
I think that's a good idea for Sloane, though at this point I'd entertain almost anything. She certainly has the speed to get back over and cover the deuce court, but ratbh would require her to step into a more aggressive mindset. I beginning to think she's not capable of tha - to afraid to take a chance.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote