Sloane needs to turn the agression up a couple of notches! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 20th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #1
TSequoia01

TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future
Sloane needs to turn the agression up a couple of notches!

I always feel she is more comfortable with her opponent dictating and counterpunching. I can understand why Kim is her idol.

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER

Victoria Duval - coming to a slam near you
AJLA TOMLJANOVIC definitely a future #1

Serena and Venus grannies with a purpose
TSequoia01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #2
country flag Glasgow Smile
テニプリ

Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloan needs to turn the agression up a couple of notches!

She does need to turn on the aggression, but especially on clay. I feel that with her shots and her athleticism she should excel on this surface. She WOULD too, but only if she actually played attacking-tennis like in Brisbane or the Australian Open
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #3
TSequoia01

TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFondue View Post

She does need to turn on the aggression, but especially on clay. I feel that with her shots and her athleticism she should excel on this surface. She WOULD too, but only if she actually played attacking-tennis like in Brisbane or the Australian Open
I wonder if is that's in response to her coaching, she hits plenty of winners, but most are on the run.

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER

Old May 20th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #4
country flag Soliloque
La nuit je mens

Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly she doesn't have Kim's game. So if she tries to play like her, she'll end up as a pusher.
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #5
country flag aselto

aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane needs to turn the agression up a couple of notches!

It's hard to dictate play with a weaksauce backhand though.
aselto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #6
country flag leftbrian

leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future

She has a lot of aggression and passive aggression off the court. If only she redirects that energy into on-court play.
leftbrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #7
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane can be only aggressive from one wing, but she should indeed use it as much as possible like Stosur does.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #8
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
Sadly she doesn't have Kim's game. So if she tries to play like her, she'll end up as a pusher.
She's damn near a "pusher" now.

Sadly, she's allowed the USTA's desire to move the game away from big, aggressive tennis effect her. That's what coming up in that antiquated system does. She let her head get filled with some

What she's gonna discover is that as soon as those who have been filling her head get the first whiff that Sloane isn't "the one," she will be abandoned by those same people and left to ponder "if only."
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #9
TSequoia01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
She's damn near a "pusher" now.

Sadly, she's allowed the USTA's desire to move the game away from big, aggressive tennis effect her. That's what coming up in that antiquated system does. She let her head get filled with some

What she's gonna discover is that as soon as those who have been filling her head get the first whiff that Sloane isn't "the one," she will be abandoned by those same people and left to ponder "if only."
I like her game but just wish she would go for it a bit more, she has all the shots her forehand is excellent and the backhand is not that bad. Madison will surpass her if she does not.

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER

Old May 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #10
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

She almost has no intensity, it's very concerning for a young player. That's why she gets into long 3-setters alot.
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #11
TSequoia01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
She almost has no intensity, it's very concerning for a young player. That's why she gets into long 3-setters alot.
I think she is trying to stay calm. She serves sometimes 90 percent rather for it to be 65-70 percent with big serves winning points.

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER

Last edited by TSequoia01 : May 20th, 2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #12
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSequoia01 View Post
I like her game but just wish she would go for it a bit more, she has all the shots her forehand is excellent and the backhand is not that bad. Madison will surpass her if she does not.
I don't think she does. That backhand is a mess. The prescription for beating her is simply: pound the backhand, get the short ball, put it away. The resulting pressure to deliver on her forehand will produce errors, then... she starts pushing. That's why she got pounded against Maria. And honestly, Maria didn't even have to work that hard.

I MUCH prefer Madison Keyes game. But she has other issues.

As it is, Sloane is on more of a Megan Shaunessy(sp) path than an elite path.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #13
country flag dagamezbest

dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold

Pretty high quality match. To Sloane's credit, she really has been hanging tough in this match. Pironkova has been playing some good tennis and hitting some ridiculous angles. Sloane could have tanked by now, but she hasnt. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
dagamezbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #14
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Please Sloane, win this one, thanks!

Old May 20th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #15
TSequoia01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagamezbest View Post
Pretty high quality match. To Sloane's credit, she really has been hanging tough in this match. Pironkova has been playing some good tennis and hitting some ridiculous angles. Sloane could have tanked by now, but she hasnt. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
YES she has but Pironkova has been the agressor. I would like to see bigger serves and the attacking of more lines from Sloane.

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER