Sharapova: Which player would she prefer to win the French Open? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Sharapova: Which player would she prefer to win the French Open?

Serena 16 39.02%
Azarenka 3 7.32%
Radwanska 3 7.32%
Jankovic 19 46.34%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 20th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #16
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sharapova: Which player would she prefer to win the French Open?

Jankovic. Because then she could console herself that the other top seeds lost. I doubt she wants to see Serena, Vika or Aga win as it will burst her bubble. She would want an outsider to win.
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #17
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ angel View Post
So she DOES care ?
Can you not read?
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #18
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

well, since she's not losing in RG, all this conversation is pointless then
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #19
country flag Le Chat

Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
Can you not read?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Yep, Maria doesn't care. The moment she loses a tournament, her mind is already onto the next one. I remember in her press conference after her loss to Azarenka at the US Open, she was asked what Vika needs to do to beat Serena in the final. She told the reporter, "I'm not her coach. It's not in my job description to give advice to other players." (paraphrasing a bit)

But if she absolutely had to choose between Serena and Azarenka, I think she'd prefer Serena to win every time. Maria really dislikes Vika a lot.
If she would prefer serena to win every time , then she is bother to see Azarenka to win . I really think she gives a damn and the poster above too.. .
Le Chat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #20
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ angel View Post
If she would prefer serena to win every time , then she is bother to see Azarenka to win . I really think she gives a damn and the poster above too.. .
The poster said "but if she absolutely HAD TO choose..." which does not imply Maria actually cares - it's just a hypothetical point.
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #21
country flag Le Chat

Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute Le Chat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
The poster said "but if she absolutely HAD TO choose..." which does not imply Maria actually cares - it's just a hypothetical point.

OK .

I still believe she does care ..
Le Chat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #22
country flag Marlene

Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
I dont know who she would most want but I am pretty sure who she would least want is Azarenka. She will never be compared to Serena in history and even she knows that, so doesnt worry about Serena other than when they play and even that just barely as she knows how overmatched she is. Radwanska and Jankovic will never be a threat to her position in the game even if they were to win Roland Garros. Azarenka though is her biggest competition right now, both in the current game and in careers, and is a legitimate threat to pass Sharapova's career and greatness in the game, and winning RG would be another big step and making her that much more likely to do it. Azarenka by far is the one of those she would least like to see win it.
I thought the same thing--she knows she'll never catch up with Serena, but she'll want to stay ahead of Azarenka. The only point against Serena is that she also only has one RG, but I don't think Maria sees herself as almost-as-good-as-Serena on clay just because of that.
Marlene is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:24 AM   #23
country flag TennisArt

TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
I thought the same thing--she knows she'll never catch up with Serena, but she'll want to stay ahead of Azarenka. The only point against Serena is that she also only has one RG, but I don't think Maria sees herself as almost-as-good-as-Serena on clay just because of that.
yep
TennisArt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote