Sharapova: Which player would she prefer to win the French Open? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Sharapova: Which player would she prefer to win the French Open?

Serena 16 39.02%
Azarenka 3 7.32%
Radwanska 3 7.32%
Jankovic 19 46.34%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 19th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #1
country flag TennisArt

TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold
Sharapova: Which player would she prefer to win the French Open?

If she lost early and had to pick one?
TennisArt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #2
country flag Dragonlady

Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sharapova: Which player would she prefer to win the French Open?

I dont know who she would most want but I am pretty sure who she would least want is Azarenka. She will never be compared to Serena in history and even she knows that, so doesnt worry about Serena other than when they play and even that just barely as she knows how overmatched she is. Radwanska and Jankovic will never be a threat to her position in the game even if they were to win Roland Garros. Azarenka though is her biggest competition right now, both in the current game and in careers, and is a legitimate threat to pass Sharapova's career and greatness in the game, and winning RG would be another big step and making her that much more likely to do it. Azarenka by far is the one of those she would least like to see win it.
Dragonlady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #3
country flag sweetpeas

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

Jj.
sweetpeas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #4
country flag TennisArt

TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
I dont know who she would most want but I am pretty sure who she would least want is Azarenka. She will never be compared to Serena in history and even she knows that, so doesnt worry about Serena other than when they play and even that just barely as she knows how overmatched she is. Radwanska and Jankovic will never be a threat to her position in the game even if they were to win Roland Garros. Azarenka though is her biggest competition right now, both in the current game and in careers, and is a legitimate threat to pass Sharapova's career and greatness in the game, and winning RG would be another big step and making her that much more likely to do it. Azarenka by far is the one of those she would least like to see win it.
LOL great analysis. I picked Serena
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #5
country flag T-rex

T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

Good post. Excellent analysis.

I would add that the rivalry between Sharapova and Serena is on the court. Off the court I am not aware of any animosity. However there is a personal dislike between Vika and Maria that stretches beyond the white lines.

If Maria were to lose, she probably votes against Vika more than anyone else. From a career perspective, Serena winning is probably the next best thing to a victory of her own. A Serena victory just means status quo. A Vika victory scrambles the tour hierarchy.

If Vika wins the FO, the WTA tour becomes 'The Big 2" not the "The Big 3". And Sharapova is the odd player out. Where is Sharapova with Vika owning the first 2 GS and Serena rolling into Wimbledon?
T-rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #6
country flag Dragonlady

Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light

Very true. Azarenka clearly drops Sharapova in current player status altogether if she wins Roland Garros. Maria fought hard to get in front of Vika in the rankings, but even now I think most would favor Azarenka next time they play on anything but perhaps clay. So if Azarenka wins the big one on clay, Maria is clearly behind right now and probably for good given Vika's age and that she has alot more improvement left than Maria (who has clearly already peaked).
Dragonlady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #7
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She usually says once she is out of a tournament she doesnt care.
I believe that because she has a million things going on.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #8
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone (apart from Vika) that has never won the French.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #9
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

The only player on tour Sharapova gives a fuq about is herself, she wouldn't care about who wins RG if she lost.
caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #10
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure she does't give a damn.

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #11
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, Maria doesn't care. The moment she loses a tournament, her mind is already onto the next one. I remember in her press conference after her loss to Azarenka at the US Open, she was asked what Vika needs to do to beat Serena in the final. She told the reporter, "I'm not her coach. It's not in my job description to give advice to other players." (paraphrasing a bit)

But if she absolutely had to choose between Serena and Azarenka, I think she'd prefer Serena to win every time. Maria really dislikes Vika a lot.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #12
country flag TennisArt

I think she gives a damn.. I have seen some of her post match interviews. She knows pretty much everything about every tournament, even details like if a player struggled during the tournament, number of sets, etc. She knows this info particularly when it comes to Serena and Azarenka. She definitely cares because it effects her indirectly, specifically with ranking.

I am pretty sure Sharapova was cheering Serena on in the Rome final today. She probably wore the Serena "Are you looking at my titles" t-shirt.
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:12 AM   #13
country flag MashaAzarenka

MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future

She really wouldn't care I don't think, but of those players she would most likely be happiest for Serena.
Sydney SF - Tsvetana Pironkova (6-4, 6-3) Australian Open R1 - Luksika Kumkhum (6-2, 1-6, 6-4) Doha QF - Jelena Jankovic (6-1, 6-3) Dubai R2 - Carla Suarez Navarro (1-6, 6-4, 7-6) Indian Wells R4 - Dominika Cibulkova (6-3, 6-2) Miami QF - Maria Sharapova (7-5, 6-1) Stuttgart R2 - Alisa Kleybanova (6-2, 7-6(3)) Madrid SF - Simona Halep (6-7, 6-3, 6-2) Rome R2 - Shuai Zhang (7-6, 5-7, 6-3) French Open R3 - Svetlana Kuznetsova (6-7, 6-1, 9-7) Eastbourne QF - Heather Watson (w/o) Montreal R3 - Ekaterina Makarova (6-4, 1-6, 6-2) Cincinnati R2 - Elina Svitolina (6-2, 7-6) US Open R3 - Aleksandra Krunic (6-4, 6-4) Beijing F - Maria Sharapova (6-4, 2-6, 6-3)
MashaAzarenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #14
country flag Helaena

Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of

JJ

and the least would be Vika, she would really hate it if VIka will get her RG crown
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #15
country flag Human Nature
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Yep, Maria doesn't care. The moment she loses a tournament, her mind is already onto the next one. I remember in her press conference after her loss to Azarenka at the US Open, she was asked what Vika needs to do to beat Serena in the final. She told the reporter, "I'm not her coach. It's not in my job description to give advice to other players." (paraphrasing a bit)

But if she absolutely had to choose between Serena and Azarenka, I think she'd prefer Serena to win every time. Maria really dislikes Vika a lot.
So she DOES care ?

Michael Jackson :King Of Pop and Musical Genius
Until i die you will always be in my heart .
Serena Williams : Greatest Player of All Times .
Ready for 18
Human Nature is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote