Serena: "The lady in the mirror is the ultimate opponent for me" - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 19th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #16
country flag Dragonlady

Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Serena: "The lady in the mirror is the ultimate opponent for me"

She is right. Nobody can beat her at her best, especialy in todays field.
Dragonlady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #17
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpinkboxes View Post
Since when did TF became a Serena fansite. So many threads.

Buy fix yourself first. Actually theres hardly anyone who can beat her these days. But fix yourself before you run to trouble.
It always happens for any players who have had back-to-back-to-back weeks like Serena had.
It would happened to Maria, Vika, Aga, etc...

It also happned for Stosur after her USO triumph, this is not special treatment nor exception for Serena.
It comes with the territory

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #18
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah.

When Serena loses she beats herself....

Or played 14.5% or whatever.

Arrogance.

Even if your own self beats you, you still lost.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #19
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
Yeah.

Arrogance.

She is not the only saying it, commentators say it as well.
They did not reach that conclusion lightly, they have actually watched Serena's matches.

It is simply a way for Serena saying she did not execute her game plan the way she should have.
And she has said similar comments even when she wins.
After the semi yesterday, she went right to the practice court because she was not happy with her execution in match result that included a bagel and in straight set win.

Besides, I have never heard Serena not accepting that she lost.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : May 19th, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #20
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementievaRules View Post
So THAT's where Elena went...she's trapped in a mirror!
Why do you insist on brining up that irrelevant player. She is retired.....leave her so!
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #21
country flag gbenga

gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah.

Arrogance.

You mad.

You haven't seen anything yet.
gbenga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #22
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute

I would be surprised if any of the top players would say differently about their own opponents. Regardless of who's on the other side of the net, it's up to you to execute your own game on your own side of the net.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #23
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
She is not the only saying it, commentators say it as well.
They did not reach that conclusion lightly, they have actually watched Serena's matches.

It is simply a way for Serena saying she did not execute her game plan the way she should have.
And she has said similar thing even when she wins.
After the semi yesterday, she went right to the practice court because she was not happy with her execution in match result that included a bagel and in straight set win.

Besides, I have never heard Serena not accepting that she lost.
Surely not playing your best is the reason for most loses though?

Not playing well doesn't give you a pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbenga View Post
You mad.

You haven't seen anything yet.
No I'm not mad.

I haven't seen what?

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #24
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah.

Arrogance.

Y'all are gonna mess around and let this Serena woman give y'all a brain tumor.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #25
country flag Destiny

Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute

Put in the whole comment she said PLEASE

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TWITTER NAME : https://twitter.com/Mozzawalks
Destiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #26
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Surely not playing your best is the reason for most loses though?

Not playing well doesn't give you a pass.

No I'm not mad.

I haven't seen what?
Not always true.
There times you play your best, but it simply was not good enough.
And Serena has lost matches where he best that days not good enough, and she did not make this argument.

But did you read the 2nd part of my post, where Serena went from 6-3 6-0 victory directly to the practice court because she was not happy with her performance?
You need to consider all those perspective before making statements like the one you just made.
Had she lost in the semi and said she did not execute well, you would said she was arrogant.

Old May 19th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #27
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisArt View Post
Says Serena when asked about the French Open after her win in Rome.........

French Open 2013: Serena vs. The Lady in The Mirror
She use to say Venus Williams...
and she has said it for years...
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #28
country flag acetoace

acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah.

Arrogance.

Sad to see how things are turning out for your fan base as a result of all the arrogance and boasts pre 2013 clay season. So much for counting your chickens before they harsh. Hey, there is a bright spot though......at least it is heart warming to witness your fan base hating theories get destroyed one after the other with your player dodging her competition to boot. Let's see if there will be a place to hide in Paris.

What anti-climax today is! 2wks ago, did u even imagine that ATP tennis will be what your congregation will be left with to discuss in SS in a pova "Rome 3peat thread" few minutes after Rome final? Yep, sad indeed!
acetoace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #29
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure all other top players don't think differently.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #30
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I'm sure all other top players don't think differently.
Exactly..but only for ONE it holds true against EVERY opponent.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote