Serena: "The lady in the mirror is the ultimate opponent for me" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 19th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #1
country flag TennisArt

TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold
Serena: "The lady in the mirror is the ultimate opponent for me"

Says Serena when asked about the French Open after her win in Rome.........

French Open 2013: Serena vs. The Lady in The Mirror
TennisArt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #2
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena: "The lady in the mirror is the ultimate opponent for me"

Bloody Mary?

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #3
country flag Standard

Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Bloody Mary?
Standard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #4
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bloody Mary?

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #5
country flag PinkTape

PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of

Since when did TF became a Serena fansite. So many threads.

Buy fix yourself first. Actually theres hardly anyone who can beat her these days. But fix yourself before you run to trouble.

Ashleigh Barty - Casey Dellacqua - Laura Robson
PinkTape is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #6
country flag PoliCappuccino

PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of

An apparition of Mariana Alves, obviously.
PoliCappuccino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #7
country flag Soliloque
La nuit je mens

Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's a dangerous thought to have. You have to think that there are players that can beat you on their special day and aknowledge that. That way you want to play your best to prevent a loss. By thinking you're your worse ennemy on the court, you open the door to frustation if a bad day at the office happens. Frustration is her worst ennemy in Paris and saying that kind of thing will put pressure on her. The ultimate opponent can always be on the other side of the net.
Soliloque is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #8
country flag TennisArt

TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
I think that's a dangerous thought to have. You have to think that there are players that can beat you on their special day and aknowledge that. That way you want to play your best to prevent a loss. By thinking you're your worse ennemy on the court, you open the door to frustation if a bad day at the office happens. Frustration is her worst ennemy in Paris and saying that kind of thing will put pressure on her. The ultimate opponent can always be on the other side of the net.
Williams has very, very good head-to-head records against her biggest rivals in the game, including 12-2 against Azarenka now. So who would she point to as her most dangerous opponent? "Whoever I'm playing is my opponent, and also the lady in the mirror is the ultimate opponent for me," she said.

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...-azarenka-rome
TennisArt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #9
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bloody Mary?

No, it's Charlize Theron, aka Monster.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #10
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future

Quote:
I understand that. And I do agree. However, I think she is simply stating the obvious. Serena can be her own worst enemy. On clay more than any other surface. I think acknowledging that fact is fine. So long as that is not her focus.
DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #11
country flag BoucharDRules

BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future

So THAT's where Elena went...she's trapped in a mirror!

Official Spokeswoman of Team DR: Sloane "The Truth" Stephens

Team DR Hall of Fame: Dementieva Domachowska Kournikova Dokic Tulyagonova Harkleroad Schett
BoucharDRules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #12
Serena y Monica

Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future

Quote:

Just the opposite. By acknowledging your short comings you release pressure. Serena used to say things like I don't feel pressure. Of course she did but now she is letting go of the Bravado and admitting that her nerves and desire can work against her. Doesn't matter who is standing on the other side of the net...if she can't get out of her own way she can loose. You still see the frustration when she's not playing well but now she seems to let go and refocus on what's happening on the court much faster.
Serena y Monica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #13
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 19th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #14
country flag debopero

debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well she's been thinking like this for all of her career and it's served her well till this point (or at least, she has professed to believe this; whether or not she actually always has is another matter). I actually think that more players should have this kind of belief in themselves. It might not ingratiate them to everyone, but at the end of the day, that doesn't really matter.

Plus, last year when she lost to Razzano, she definitely did not seem like she believed in herself so maybe she is just trying to amp herself up.
debopero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #15
country flag gmokb

gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future

Truer words have never been spoken
gmokb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote