Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin - Page 82 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #1216
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

I'm just mad at the service game at 2-0, it would have been definitely interesting if she was 3-0 up. Anyway maybe in their next meeting, we'll see.
Advertisement

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #1217
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Serena will not lose to Maria/Vika. Serena usually loses to lower ranked players
true.

zheng jie maybe? i loved how scared serena was during that match last year. but i was glad she won. i can't with AGA winning
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #1218
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future

i got teary eyed when i heard maria say "common maria!" to herself out loud like that. what a fighter. and the crowd! loved the crowd!
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #1219
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope we are not at the beginnings of another Serena Slam and a world record winning streak. That would make tournaments so boring. It just feels like 2002 all over again.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #1220
country flag malarkist

what i'd like to see from this point on are young ones stepping up and challenging the big 3. i want the big 3 to hold their ground against tough comeptition. for them to get REALLY tested. i hope the likes of sloth stephens, laura robinson and genie doucheard would step it up a few notches til the end of the season.
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 12:08 AM   #1221
country flag Sharakim

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I just hope we are not at the beginnings of another Serena Slam and a world record winning streak. That would make tournaments so boring. It just feels like 2002 all over again.
I hope Maria can put this loss behind her quickly and not let it bother her too much. Wimbledon and the US are coming up and she still has chances to win them. I don't favor her chances on grass as much nowadays because she's proven to be better on clay and slow-hard court in recent years. So I'm not sure if she can win Wimbledon, but I think if she has a good summer swing, she can be a contender for the US. She reached the semis last year, and i think she can play well enough on the medium fast stuff to get to another US final, and maybe win her fifth major. As for Serena, maybe she will have a letdown at some point this year. Despite her amazing success, she is 31 and is becoming more and more prone to surprise losses. If she gets knocked out early, it really helps Maria's chances.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 01:39 AM   #1222
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I really want to re-watch it as a tennis fan because there were some great power rallies in there but I cant bring myself to do it.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #1223
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
C U Next Tournament

bye
Post of the tournament thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenK View Post
Well, she played pretty well for a big final, but it still sucks. Proud of her fight in the SFs and QFs (that first set - LOL right now, but I was going to punch something when I was following the scores) and here to some extent, but just couldn't quite make the final leap today. So disappointing that she no longer holds a slam right now.

Also, I like her at three. The two reigning slam champs should be ahead of her even if I despise #2. Don't want Maria at #1 or even #2 unless she has a slam on her ranking - gives her something to shoot for.

I'd really like slam #5 before the year's up, but Serena's looking really sharp right now and Azarenka's probably gonna troll at USO.
LOL at this expression but how true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I really want to re-watch it as a tennis fan because there were some great power rallies in there but I cant bring myself to do it.
I believe in having good losses but I just can't watch those
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 04:39 AM   #1224
country flag MariaMNL

MariaMNL is a glorious beacon of light MariaMNL is a glorious beacon of light MariaMNL is a glorious beacon of light MariaMNL is a glorious beacon of light MariaMNL is a glorious beacon of light MariaMNL is a glorious beacon of light MariaMNL is a glorious beacon of light MariaMNL is a glorious beacon of light MariaMNL is a glorious beacon of light MariaMNL is a glorious beacon of light MariaMNL is a glorious beacon of light

overall, i am proud maria's fight at the final. she wanted to win so bad as evidenced by her louder grunt from the get go and come on's.

Can't wait for Wimbledon! It will be hard for Serena to defend it after winning RG.
MariaMNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #1225
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

It is always somewhat disappointing when Maria loses, this time not so much. It was not going to be easy for Maria to get back into the final, but she did it and it looks like she put up a good match against Serena. Therefore I'm quite happy about what Maria has achieved.
Now on to the British lawn, I think Maria makes a mistake in not playing a prep tournament on grass (not the first time she does this though) and I wish she bloody does better that last year.....go Maria!
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #1226
country flag Thirty All

Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all

Wouldn't it be perfect if Sharapova somehow got revenge over Serena at the Wimbledon final with all the commentators predicting a repeat of the Olympics final and 0 people voting for Masha in the WWW GM thread, and then Sharapova wins 0-6 7-6 9-7 saving 3 mps
Thirty All is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 06:46 AM   #1227
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Btw, why Masha doesn't play Birmingham anymore? And what will she play between Wimby and US Open?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #1228
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Btw, why Masha doesn't play Birmingham anymore? And what will she play between Wimby and US Open?
Because she goes deep in Roland Garros, and we have only 2 week off between RG and Wim. So she needs to take a rest.
I think she will play Stanford, Toronto and Cicinnati (like usual)
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#56
PAW Rank:#108
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #1229
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux Squall View Post
couldn't care less about all of them.
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #1230
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux Squall View Post
Because she goes deep in Roland Garros, and we have only 2 week off between RG and Wim. So she needs to take a rest.
Hm...I heard something about tax issues, we all know our TaxPova
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote