Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin - Page 78 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #1156
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

Of course it's disappointing and there are a few things she could have did better. Didn't serve well although as I've said a million times, her % doesn't matter if the second serves are going in, she only allowed Serena 3 of 928397428728 BPs. Didn't use the inside out FH to go CC enough nor did she angle her BH CC enough.

She fought, and that's all I wanted. On to the next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #1157
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

There are definitely positives but I didn't think she played particularly well at all...scoreline makes it look closer but after 2-0 she never had momentum and it felt like everything was inevitable Attitude wise though was great.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #1158
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Well, to sum up, I'm so so so proud of Maria today. And I know all of us are proud of her too. Fought like a lion from the first point until the end, gave her all out on the court. That was just so nice to see. That's what we fans could ask for from Maria. The trophy presentation was not bad either, I just love the way Maria kept smiling throughout and standing in the middle too

Also Maria, keep playing great and being the second best, so in case Serena gets knockout of a tournament, you'll be the one winning it (not Vika like in AO!)

What do I want next? I want a semi between Maria and Vika in Wimbledon Tennisgod, please put those two in the same half!
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #1159
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
Martha . She had game points for 3-0 in the first. If she took one of those who knows. Missing BPs is one thing but having GPs and missing them is a big no .

I'm not mad at her, I feel she fought her best, but that was a must-win game.
Yeah but from what i saw. In 1st set she played not as good as 2nd set, she can't move Serena around the court, hit the ball in the middle ... and i don't think Maria was really calm in 1st, Come one every point She won is not show her confident at all but played really well in 2nd, sadly Serena's level is increase in 2nd too. But With her fight in 2nd set I'm proud of her
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #1160
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Maria had those points for 3-0. No point dwelling on it though...It was still early on and Serena saved them well.
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #1161
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm proud of Maria and will always be

Unfortunately she didn't take her chances early, and also things would've been different if she served better. Nearly every single service game was a battle itself.

Those nasty trolls with the insulting GIF's in the beginning of the Result thread are the ones that piss me off

But congrats to Serena, yet again!!

The difficult part of the season when it comes to defending points has passed, now it's her time to shine (hopefully) this second half.

The final had the two best players in the world. Azarenka better enjoy that #2 position that she does not deserve

Hopefully that order is restored after Wimbledon
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #1162
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I really hope so. She deserves to be on the other side as she and Vika would be a great match on grass.
Yes, but i have a bad feeling that She will be in same half with Serena .
And i hope Maria's serve will be better in Wimbledon
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #1163
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

And Serena fans saying that this loss will set Maria back for the rest of the year It's not the first time Maria lost to Serena in the final gurl, and after losing an important match, Maria always knows how to forget it and step up right in her next tournaments They never learn.
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #1164
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

2-0, 40-15. Those are the little moments that you absolutely cannot let slip away against Serena. Maria's serve was the biggest problem yet again. It's what we've been talking about for the past 4 years or so with her. Overall, that shaky serve, combined with the rest of her game and her willpower is good enough to defeat anyone else on tour and it will keep getting her into finals.

But when it comes to Serena, it's not good enough. Until that serve becomes a weapon and not a liability, we'll be seeing more runner-up speeches in Maria's near future.

Maria fought valiantly to the very end, but look at the constant effort it always takes her just to barely hang in there against Serena. There's just too much pressure being put on Maria to always be scrambling and struggling to scratch out games against Serena. She needs a reliable serve to alleviate some of that pressure and win some routine games, so she can concentrate on saving energy for other parts of her game.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #1165
country flag Sharapower

Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future

Maria did good but Serena was her GREAT self again, so not good enough,
Bur I didn't hate what I saw. Probably one of the most pleasamt RG Finals in many,many years.
Sharapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #1166
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have regrets. This was all on Serena's racquet as much as the SF was on Maria's.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #1167
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

So I've read through about 14 pages of the results thread, pretty great comments from both fan bases, us rightfully giving props to Serena and visa versa.
But DAMN there's always going to be those unnecessary trolls that can't help but drag Masha down. Disappointing to see after an enjoyable final
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #1168
country flag NiMaria

NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light

Just want to congratulate our girl on a great run at the French

She fought her heart out and that's all I could've asked but she just ran into a better player today

Hope she takes all the positives out of this and goes on a tear at Wimbledon
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #1169
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
So I've read through about 14 pages of the results thread, pretty great comments from both fan bases, us rightfully giving props to Serena and visa versa.
But DAMN there's always going to be those unnecessary trolls that can't help but drag Masha down. Disappointing to see after an enjoyable final
IKR!! Did you see that gif from Serenita That must be one of the ugliest and most classless gift ever
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #1170
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

I was afraid that she would flop like in Madrid, but It was great fight from her. Even better than in Instambul. What I liked the most she was mentally there the whole match. Ofc her serve could be better but in general she played well. I am so proud of you Maria, great efforts during RG, beating Aza especially.
Rena just doesn't belong to WTA. And Maria will be runner up (plate holder) like forever. And it is so much sad and boring.
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote