Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin - Page 61 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #901
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

what a mess was today

glad she won

she once again showed her amazing fighting spirit

she came to final, as i wanted, rest is just bonus, if she take one set in final i'll be happy

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #902
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

I've been offline for too long this afternoon, it's been really awkward. My first look at live scores saw: 6-1, 2-6 Play suspended. Then I could only follow until Maria was up 4-2 in the third. Awesome news then to learn about her victory.
I still have not read all the comments or the press articles, but in any case:

1-Maria Sharapova, I love you.
2-Great result, a clear message on who is the one and only number 2
3-On Saturday, the pressure will be more on Serena
4-Maria does not seem to be on the best game level, I hope she can raise it and keep it consistent in the Final
5-Reaching the final again after last year's victory is for me already a huge achievement and it was far from obvious that she would get there again
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #903
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry guys. Seriously.
I mean, it was a long time before they met on clay (or did they even?) before Madrid final.

So I'm sure that from then Thomas worked day and night to find a tactic to beat Serena. That's also why she withdrew from Rome, they didn't want another final before RG to give Serena any info about how Maria would play.

They'll work on the details from now until saturday, and the final weapon will be...

"SHE WILL CHOKE ANYWAY".
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #904
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
How hilarious would it be if Maria withdrew before the match?

I'd pay money to see that
Will you withdraw from this forum if Maria beat Serena at 2013 RG final?
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #905
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Why would I do that?

The better question is will you stop trolling
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #906
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #907
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah agree with the fighting comments. She just needs to turn in mentally to satisfy me. If Serena is playing her best she's better, I'll just expect Maria to keep it respectable and make Serena beat her. At least she's giving herself a chance if she turns up should Serena go AWOL.
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #908
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Sorry to disappoint you girls, but I ain't going anywhere

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #909
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Did Masha write anything cool on the camera today? - I've missed that
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #910
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
A huge problem when playing Serena is the fact that Maria's margin for error is almost non-existent. We've seen it many times. An error here and a DF there and you look up at the scoreboard and it's 3-0 or 4-0 in the blink of an eye. And the set and match are pretty much over. Serena suffocates you.

But with Maria's hyper-aggressive, high risk style, she is going to make errors. It's just a product of how she plays. You can't expect a limited 10-15 error performance out of her. The reason she can get away with lapses of sloppiness against Jankovic or Azarenka is because she knows she can break their weak serve just about any time she wants. 10 or 11 DFs and being broken 4 or 5 times isn't going to cripple her. Unfortunately, that can't happen at all against Serena. Realistically, she probably can't have more than 3 or 4 DFs for the match and she can't be broken more than once or twice. Alternately, how many chances to break Serena can she expect to get when she's playing at this high level? 2 or 3 at most?

I believe that's why we see Maria get flustered and down on herself so quickly when things go south against Serena. Maria knows all too well how few mistakes she can make and that puts such a strain and pressure on her to be perfect. Maria MUST have an error-prone Serena to have any chance. She needs that Serena from the second set against Kuzzy. And Maria needs to play her absolute best match of this year and maybe her career. She needs to be awesome and Serena needs to be extremely average and that's the only combination that would give Maria any shot.

It doesn't look good. Everything Serena does looks effortless and awe-inspiring. I don't see any letdown and it's apparent she wants to win this tournament badly. But that's the way it is and Maria will walk on to that court and do the best she can. She has yet to deliver a really great performance and play up to her potential in this French, so we can only pray she's saving her best for last.
I would give you good rep for this if I could. This is exactly my opinion on the topic of Maria failing to deliver almost every time she plays Serena. Ok, the mental barrier is there, but I don't think it plays as much of a role as we play it out to have. Today's match against Azarenka is another case in point. I bet a lot of us believed (myself included) she would fold like a cheap tent after failing to close it out on those match points. Instead, Maria served Vika with a love game. But when it comes to playing Serena, she feels like she has to play perfectly and capitalize on every single little opening and half-chance that she gets, resulting in her becoming too tight, and that feeling and need for perfectionism suffocate her in the end. Plus, Serena has a huge advantage when it comes to serve over everybody, not only game-wise, but mentally-wise, because every player is aware that if they get broken only once in a set, that might be it for that period of the match. So it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on them, and only a few have the skill to deal with it. And unfortunately, out of all the aspects of her game, Maria's serve is the most unreliable one, and is the first in line to crumble at the first sign of trouble.

What I want from Maria tomorrow is to come out strong and brave, to fight until the last point, and to be able to say at the end of the day, win or lose, I gave it my all. And if that's not enough, there's nothing else she can do but acknowledge that she was the second best player that day. That being said, it's crucial for her to hold her serve first 3 or 4 games. If she is able to do that, Serena might get nervous and tight, and a nice chance could be presented to Maria. But unfortunately, I think that's a big if, considering that Maria is usually a slow starter and needs a couple of games to find her bearings, and you just can't afford that with Serena, who's on top of the ball from the first point (another one of reasons why a lot of their first sets went downhill pretty damn fast).

Anyway, I believe that if a few factors come together, she has a chance. If not, obviously she can get smoked in under sixty minutes

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #911
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
Did Masha write anything cool on the camera today? - I've missed that
She wrote THANK YOU!!
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #912
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I just want Maria's attitude to be better this time.

When she plays Serena more often than not she puts too much pressure on herself to hold serve and not make any errors. For once I would like her to go out there and enjoy the moment and not put any expectations on herself. Honesly, Serena is 100% the favorite to win anyway.

Maria really has nothing to lose on Saturday.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #913
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Sorry to disappoint you girls, but I ain't going anywhere
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #914
country flag Fighterpova

Btw, I had a dream (which I posted in SS back in January/February) of the FO final between Maria and Serena and Serena was wearing a navy dress in my dream

Maria won 6-2 7-5 in that dream

Coincidence?
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #915
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post