Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #706
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
We're just saying we would prefer that of the two scenarios.
I think she can make it competitive vs Serena, why do I refuse to stop believing?
It's like we want to be hurt
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #707
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was all over after that first set. I don't think she's ever come back after eating a first set bagel before has she?

Very impressed by those last two sets. Now bring it for the SF's Maria. I'd rather see you getting double bageled in the Final than lose to Azarenka.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #708
victory1

victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
wasn't she a set and a break ahead of serena in miami? i doubt she runs out of gas like that if she makes it past azarenka.
Yeah but Serena has beaten her again since Miami and on red clay. I think it was Serena's way of reestablishing her dominance (the 3rd set bagel was not enough). It would have been better if they never played on red clay so Serena could have doubts of beating her and Maria could have at least believe that she has an advantage on that surface.

"Prejudice is a labor saving device-it enables you to form an opinion without having to dig up the facts"
"Just because we are equal, Does not mean we are the same"
victory1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #709
country flag yashwanth

yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all

Anybody who watched from normal tennis fan perspective rather Maria´s fan perspective clearly see that Maria came into the form. She did not defeated some injured Kuzzy or choker Kiri in the QF. She defeated the determined JJ who played one of the best matches of her career. She will slay Vika in Semi and definately play well against Serena in Final.
PS: the return winners on JJ serve were so
yashwanth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #710
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Errani has doubles to play so Errani vs Serena will likely be first up.
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #711
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

It'd prefer a final beatdown, for sure.
And not so much because F>SF but because I hate seeing her lose to Vika and clay, at RG is probably the worst place I can imagine this happening.
Kon. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #712
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

From the start of the year, I've been saying, "I want Vika. I want Vika. I want Vika." And if it happened on clay, all the better because I was certain a meeting on this surface would only mean a decisive win for Maria. Then you add in the long time off from injury for her and that awful second round loss in Madrid and the fact that's it's Azarenka's worst surface, how could you not like Maria's odds.

But now that the match-up is here, I feel only uncertainty. I did not anticipate Maria looking so average throughout this tournament. I don't know if the cold/flu has had an affect on her game, but she's just looked 2 or 3 steps slower this clay season compared to last year. More error-prone and less consistency everywhere. There really was no excuse for that first set today on a big stage like this and it worries me.

Azarenka is a great front-runner who doesn't blow big leads, so if Maria's mind and game wander off and she digs a hole, she's going to lose. When you look at the 2 wins she had against Vika last year, Maria came out on fire from the start, never let her in the matches, and buried her. She MUST have a great start and win that first set tomorrow to have a chance.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #713
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
well at least the percentage of first serves in is increasing
In 1st set she made 78 percent of her first serves, and she hit one double fault
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42
FITD Rank:#112.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #714
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
From the start of the year, I've been saying, "I want Vika. I want Vika. I want Vika." And if it happened on clay, all the better because I was certain a meeting on this surface would only mean a decisive win for Maria. Then you add in the long time off from injury for her and that awful second round loss in Madrid and the fact that's it's Azarenka's worst surface, how could you not like Maria's odds.

But now that the match-up is here, I feel only uncertainty. I did not anticipate Maria looking so average throughout this tournament. I don't know if the cold/flu has had an affect on her game, but she's just looked 2 or 3 steps slower this clay season compared to last year. More error-prone and less consistency everywhere. There really was no excuse for that first set today on a big stage like this and it worries me.

Azarenka is a great front-runner who doesn't blow big leads, so if Maria's mind and game wander off and she digs a hole, she's going to lose. When you look at the 2 wins she had against Vika last year, Maria came out on fire from the start, never let her in the matches, and buried her. She MUST have a great start and win that first set tomorrow to have a chance.
Agree with you and Azarenka know it
Quote:
Roland Garros ‏@rolandgarros 1m
Azarenka in press: "Im just trying to focus on tomorrow. I can't let Maria dictate the points from the start" #RG13
So i really hope Maria's serve is on fire and She can gain some free point
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42
FITD Rank:#112.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #715
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Did not watch the match against Jankovic

But that scoreline

Was the Empress actually good in the first set and then Masha recovered?

Or was it a shitfest all the way throughout?

This has me now a bit worried for the SF
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #716
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

JJ's level actually stayed pretty constant throughout she made less UEs in set 1, but she didn't have to keep the ball in play for too long. Maria made 20+ UEs.

In the second and third obviously JJ made more as she couldn't just get the ball back, Maria had arrived. By the time the third got underway Maria was in fine form IMO.
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #717
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
JJ's level actually stayed pretty constant throughout she made less UEs in set 1, but she didn't have to keep the ball in play for too long. Maria made 20+ UEs.

In the second and third obviously JJ made more as she couldn't just get the ball back, Maria had arrived. By the time the third got underway Maria was in fine form IMO.

Kind of what I thought initially.

Much thanks, I appreciate it

Hope to find some good highlights later.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #718
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
I miss those days of group heart attack. Nowadays it seems so straightforward win, straightforward loss to Serena. (My ghost of 2010/11 past can't believe I'm complaining about this.)
Those were EPIC, I miss Teerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafanovic. View Post
Would you rather:

Maria losing a tough 3 setter tomorrow

OR

Getting a beat down from Serena in the final?
Losing to Sarin >>>>>>>> Losing to Vika, anytime, anyday, anywhere

Quote:

I'll just take this as her shit performance of the tournament. Hopefully it waked her up against Vika.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #719
country flag Pova fan

Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light

Jelena didn't bagel Pova, she did that to herself

The second and third sets I thought Maria played the best she had all tournament
Pova fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #720
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Those were EPIC, I miss Teerin

Losing to Sarin >>>>>>>> Losing to Vika, anytime, anyday, anywhere

I'll just take this as her shit performance of the tournament. Hopefully it waked her up against Vika.
Been playing like shit all tournament tbh

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote