Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 4th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #631
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
I just realize this. If Maria and Vika both advance to the semi, we will have these SF lineups: Serena-Sara and Maria-Vika. Last year, Maria also had to play the semi with a seed in the top 4 - Petra (who lived up to her seed), and this year is Vika. OTOH, in the top half, Sara had to play Sam, who is a hard-hitting player and favorite for that match, and Sam led Sara 5-0 in H2H at that time. And this year, she will play Serena. And guess what is the H2H between Sara and Serena now
Tennis God, please let all of those things repeat
We can also look at it another way. In every tournament that Serena beat Maria in this year she had a scare in the Quarters like today.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 4th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #632
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

If there was another Errani-Maria final I think I would die of laughter
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #633
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
If there was another Errani-Maria final I think I would die of laughter
Honestly it could happen, Serena's RG demons have yet to fully surface, Errani pushed her in that first set in Madrid and RG suits her game better but realistically Serena will have to put in a shocker to lose but she's played many of those here.

If it does happen it better be the second semi, Maria going out to play vs Vika just after Serena losing would be disastrous although I can't see how a potential Vika/Maria match would be used as the warm-up match.

Still feel confident in Maria's chances regardless.
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #634
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Imo, Errani has absolutely no weapons to hurt Serena with. Also, she is 1-28 vs Top 5 players

No matter how Serena plays, I just see no way how Errani could even win a set. She doesn't have the game to trouble Serena at all.

Maria/ Vika will be a contest for a runner-up trophy and should be a great match to watch
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #635
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Imo, Errani has absolutely no weapons to hurt Serena with. Also, she is 1-28 vs Top 5 players

No matter how Serena plays, I just see no way how Errani could even win a set. She doesn't have the game to trouble Serena at all.

Maria/ Vika will be a contest for a runner-up trophy and should be a great match to watch
I thought Maria had no chance against Vika

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #636
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Serena has lost to many players who don't have the weapons to hurt her here, their weapons are her own errors.

I'm just so unsure about this, Maria hasn't convinced me she's making the Final yet but she has stepped up when needed to more often than not this year, Vika has looked dire in pretty much all her matches yet I can see Maria flopping to her considering she's fond of it on the big stage, Serena can implode and lose to anyone here, Maria and Vika both getting upset tomorrow is another thing that I can see happening although less likely.

It's the most uncertain I've ever felt about a Slam. The only thing I would put money on atm is that Kiri won't take the title.
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 03:07 AM   #637
country flag istase2000

istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all istase2000 is a name known to all

first match I can watch tonight of Maria's this RG
Make it a good one
istase2000 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 04:26 AM   #638
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

If you want to beat Serena, you need to mix your game well and hope more errors from Serena. No one can rally to Serena now.
Rewatch Maria-Stephens's match, Maria needs to improve her game asap
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #639
country flag yashwanth

yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux Squall View Post
If you want to beat Serena, you need to mix your game well and hope more errors from Serena. No one can rally to Serena now.
Rewatch Maria-Stephens's match, Maria needs to improve her game asap
I think u dont watch Maria´s matches frequently. She can do nothing to improve. She has only one game plan hitting the ball as hard as she can. The windy conditions in the past 4-5 days causes so many problems to her style of play.
Mixing up things is never her game style and it can´t be learned in a day or two.Because of her game style she is receiving so much of hatred on GM despite of her results.
yashwanth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #640
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

well it's not written in stone that Azarenka beats makiri either

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #641
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

There's no point in talking about the SF's and Finals at this point. She still has to win her QF match first.
I could be easy, but it could also be a messy three setter. Either way, I want Maria to come through.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #642
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

So excited for QF match vs Jankovic !

Maria leads Head To Head 7-1. Her only loss was 2007

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #643
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
So excited for QF match vs Jankovic !

Maria leads Head To Head 7-1. Her only loss was 2007
That Birmingham final

4-1 and 40-15 in the 3rd set.
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #644
country flag Fighterpova

Their Cincy final in 2011 the ultimate shitfest.

#heartattack..

I don't have a clue how my heart survived that match
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #645
country flag jameshazza

NO!!! Cinciesque fuckery please Maria. I could just about take that then, my heart and nerves would just give way if that happened in a Slam.

I mean that Petra vs Maria match alone took at least 5 years off my life.
Keep it cute, clean, tidy and swift Maria.