Positive & Random Acts of Kindness ...WTA Style. - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 18th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #31
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Positive & Random Acts of Kindness ...WTA Style.

Good thread idea, RVD.

Too bad it's already been derailed.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #32
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute

At the 1995 US Open before her 4th round match against Anke Huber, Monica Seles found a junior player crying after losing her match. Monica consoled her and then went on to win her match.
Old May 18th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #33
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Serena View Post
So tell us something positive/act of kindness that your fave has done.
Sharapova was very kind and nice here at 13:55 but Vika was so pissed off that even didn't want to hear a word from Maria

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #34
country flag Standard

Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelina View Post
Sharapova was very kind and nice here at 13:55 but Vika was so pissed off that even didn't want to hear a word from Maria

What happened between them that they're so bitter to each other now?
Standard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #35
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
Not WTA but a great story of one of tennis' real gentlemen. Some years ago I read an article by a journalist who had once been a towel boy at an ATP event in the USA. One particular player remembered his name, was always poilite and chose to get to know him. When he was tidying up the locker room for the last time after the final had been played and the players had gone, the towel boy noticed a tennis bag still on the bench. On top was an envelope with his name on it. He opened and read the note, which thanked him for his help, wished him success with his studies and told him that the bag and its contents (packed with quality tennis equipment) were his to keep. It was signed Stefan Edberg.
That's just one reason why the ATP Sportsmanship Award is named after him.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #36
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean. View Post
Zvonareva was first on the scene with ice to help Pierce when she tore her ACL.
First act that came to mind. Totally unprompted. It surprised me at the time, because Zvonareva was famed back then for her sulky, hysterical behaviour on court, but that day with Pierce she showed a genuine display of compassion and empathy.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #37
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

The Mary Pierce incident. Vera was so quick with the ice and was not only checking if she's okay, doing what she can in the best of her abilities to help. Clearly Vera ran, because when Pierce screamed Vera was facing the other side. While the umpire and everyone was just standing there.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #38
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

The Lisicki Charleston incident, Serena was so nice to converse with her and actually comfort her with reality.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #39
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Empress graciously sprucing up the resumes of young WTA players with their first ever top-10 win (Diyas, Jovanovski, Cirstea?, please feel free to complete the list)

Also nice story about Robson. I really like her personality, not flashy, has an understated sense of humour.

- Li Na

(after dramatic 3-set AO 2013 final, where she took 2 nasty spills and twisted her ankle).
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #40
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *hingis_forever* View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...bag/index.html

"Random player story -- well, maybe not so random, but still worth sharing. I was working in the press office at the Fed Cup zonal tie in Eilat, Israel, in February 2011. On the very last day, on a back court with about 20 people watching, Elena Baltacha was playing an Austrian girl. By beating her, team GB would qualify to the WGII playoffs for the first time in forever. Laura Robson was sitting on the sidelines and cheering on her teammates. A young girl, maybe 12 years old, asked her whether after the match they could hit a few balls together. Laura smiled politely and replied: "Let's see after the match if I have time." I thought it was a nice way of saying thanks, but no thanks.
When Baltacha went on to win the match, the whole team, including team captain Judy Murray, leapt onto the court in jubilation. The same young girl went onto the court and asked Laura if they could hit a couple of balls. With no hesitation, when all her team was hugging, celebrating and talking to the press, Laura moved to the next court to play with this young girl. She then proceeded to round up all the other kids who wanted to play too, gave them all her own rackets and played with the kids for about 30 minutes, encouraging them and giving them tips.
Again, back court, huge win for GB, cold night in Eilat, no press watching her, no reason to care. I've been around all the Grand Slams, seen many players, but never someone so kind, gracious and generous as what I saw from Laura Robson. Class act! Consider me a fan."
That was nice indeed

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #41
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNL View Post
2 years ago when Baltacha played Hampton at the US Open and Hampton suffered from heat exhaustion and dehydration. She collapsed on court and then retired. I think Baltacha helped with the treatment after the match and really did everything she could to help Jamie out. That's quite kind I guess

and Baltacha looked like she knew what she was doing. She did not just sit back and watched in shock. Very nice

Old May 18th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #42
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
First act that came to mind. Totally unprompted. It surprised me at the time, because Zvonareva was famed back then for her sulky, hysterical behaviour on court, but that day with Pierce she showed a genuine display of compassion and empathy.
Actually, Zvonareva has a very thoughtful, compassionate, serious side, that is quite a contrast to the headcase personal she has been known for.

Old May 18th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #43
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread RVD.
Venus consoling Ana / Vika helping Petko all very touching.

Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #44
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
I like actual acts of kindness.

Not player A showed fake concern for Player B when they retired from the match.

That's just what's expected.

What else are they gonna do? Act like a cold bitch with the cameras rolling?
Sharapova clearly didn't give a flying fuck during that match against Golovin.

Same with Nicole Pratt vs Akiko Morigami at the USO a few years ago.

I'd rather see fake concern that cold heartedness.

And much respect to all the players who were genuinely kind, especially Venus and Roddick.
Old May 18th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #45
country flag RayTheKilcherian

RayTheKilcherian has a brilliant future RayTheKilcherian has a brilliant future RayTheKilcherian has a brilliant future RayTheKilcherian has a brilliant future RayTheKilcherian has a brilliant future RayTheKilcherian has a brilliant future RayTheKilcherian has a brilliant future RayTheKilcherian has a brilliant future RayTheKilcherian has a brilliant future RayTheKilcherian has a brilliant future RayTheKilcherian has a brilliant future

Vera has done the same ice treatment thing for Shuai
RayTheKilcherian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote