Positive & Random Acts of Kindness ...WTA Style. - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 18th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #16
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Positive & Random Acts of Kindness ...WTA Style.

Zvonareva was first on the scene with ice to help Pierce when she tore her ACL.

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #17
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember someone that went to the locker room for a ballkid that liked this player. I don't remember who it is though.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #18
country flag Marlene

Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafina View Post
A recent incident that I remember is Azarenka helping Petkovic off the court and into the tunnel after Petko injured herself during their Stuttgart match.
I remember that as well, but I saw it in a very different light--right around that time, Azarenka had received quite a lot of criticism for gamesmanship etc., and I thought she was just trying way too hard to do something "nice" to someone. Not that it wasn't nice per se, though, but she had just won the match because of this injury to her opponent and there she was making sure her opponent got off court. Besides, it's not that there was nobody around but her to help Petkovic... It would have been a very different situation e.g. if she had been trailing and her helped opponent get back on her feet, knowing it was a minor thing and that the match would continue.

But anyway, that was just what I was thinking as I was watching it... it could have been genuine even if it didn't come of that way to me.
Marlene is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #19
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
I remember that as well, but I saw it in a very different light--right around that time, Azarenka had received quite a lot of criticism for gamesmanship etc., and I thought she was just trying way too hard to do something "nice" to someone. Not that it wasn't nice per se, though, but she had just won the match because of this injury to her opponent and there she was making sure her opponent got off court. Besides, it's not that there was nobody around but her to help Petkovic... It would have been a very different situation e.g. if she had been trailing and her helped opponent get back on her feet, knowing it was a minor thing and that the match would continue.

But anyway, that was just what I was thinking as I was watching it... it could have been genuine even if it didn't come of that way to me.
what's the point of this thread if we're going to just be cynics about it?

Anyway, the most random acts of kindness really are from players, particularly after losses, who sign every autograph. Nothing turns me off to a player more than ignoring fans wanting your signature ahemDani.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #20
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony. View Post

Anyway, the most random acts of kindness really are from players, particularly after losses, who sign every autograph. Nothing turns me off to a player more than ignoring fans wanting your signature ahemDani.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #21
country flag Marlene

Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony. View Post
I was just wondering if anybody else saw it that way--if not then I guess I'm the most cold-hearted and cynical TF'er ever ;-)
Marlene is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #22
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

very nice moments here

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #23
country flag Slamlesswanska

Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
When Gabriela Sabatini voted to proect Monica's No. 1 ranking after the stabbing. She was the only one who voted for it.
Steffi was so bad.
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #24
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

2 years ago when Baltacha played Hampton at the US Open and Hampton suffered from heat exhaustion and dehydration. She collapsed on court and then retired. I think Baltacha helped with the treatment after the match and really did everything she could to help Jamie out. That's quite kind I guess

Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Larsson - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #25
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki retiring in Luxembourg 2009 up 7-5 5-0 against a homegirl.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #26
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Vika

This fucking thread ALREADY
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #27
country flag Standard

Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold

Some people really just have to twist everything to make someone else the bad guy.

I am loving the proper posts, however.

I think Gisela Dulko also helped a few years ago when Azarenka had to retire from heat exhaustion after just 2 games.
Standard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #28
country flag Elisse

Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first 'act of kindness' that I thought of.....

At tournaments you often see people in the crowd/court officials getting hit by the ball and usually the players say nothing, don't even check the person is ok. A few years ago at Wimbledon during a doubles match, Akgul served an ace and it hit a woman in the stands....Akgul held up play, rushed over to apologise and check on the lady, offered to get her ice and medical attention....the woman refused and was even laughing but Akgul was very apologetic and concerned. After, the crowd gave Akgul a huge round of applause for her act of kindness

Also I've seen another time in an Akgul match......line official got hit by the ball (someone else's serve) and once again, Akgul was the only person to go check on them
Facebook: Support Uzbekistan Tennis Team in 2014
Twitter: http://twitter.com/elissetennis <--- Live Tweeting from...hmmmm
- I went to Tashkent Open...yesss TASHKENT!!!! -
Davai-Akgul (3)Amanmuradova/Daniilidou (UZB/GRE) #MyDreamTeam

Last edited by Elisse : May 18th, 2013 at 01:48 PM.
Elisse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #29
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

BTW yes, this is a great thread idea. Can we please keep the fanwars out of it?

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #30
country flag benbest

benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute

Bethanie Mattek-Sands:

"...in Paris, Yanina Wickmayer actually had hurt her leg- in Belgium she had played Fed Cup and I guess a wall had fallen on her leg and it was pretty scraped up and swollen. So anyway, she texted me and asked to borrow my socks. So actually in the tournament in Paris it was funny seeing another player wearing my high socks on TV but she wore them not really out of choice but she is probably the only one on tour so far."
benbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote