Entry list - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 19th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #16
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Entry list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
Omg
Doesn't matter. She will still get in.

What's up with Wozniak?
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #17
country flag StephenUK

StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo View Post
I think you are being too hard on Duan. She actually defeated some decent players and has been consistently good in the events she has played. Just because she chooses not to play ITF events in Europe doesn't mean that she shouldn't be ranked in the Top 200. I agree that the points earned in these Asian events don't reflect the quality of the field, relative to these events in Europe and the US, but a) that is nothing new (think of someone like Namigata getting direct entry into Slams not too long ago); b) not Duan's fault; c) ultimately good for the breadth of the tour as it promotes tennis in different countries. But, yes, she should be easy prey.

Whybourn actually built her ranking on ITF events in Asia as well, except a) these events are even weaker than the ones Duan played and b) she frankly sucks most of the time. She has had pretty good results for her standard on grass, but they have all been against players of Challenger caliber and who are inexperienced on grass (someone like Giorgi). She seems like a lovely girl but has absolutely no business being in the MD.

Would be hilarious if we got a Whybourn - Duan first-round match-up
The only really decent and top 100 player that Duan has defeated in the last 12 months is Kimiko Date-Krumm, and that does not bode well for a player ranked just outside the top 100 herself. I have no problem with her being 150 or 170 in the world, but a player with such mediocre wins has no business being in grand slam main draws unless she gets a wild card or qualifies - she should not be ranked high enough to get direct entry. But Duan has never entered Wimbledon or Roland Garros qualies, and has never played in Europe since her dismal ITF sequence in 2007. You cannot argue that she deserves her place in Wimbledon more than someone like Petra Martic, for instance.

Whybourn is no great shakes but she is no worse than many MD wild card level players from Australia for instance.
StephenUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #18
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenUK View Post
Whybourn is no great shakes but she is no worse than many MD wild card level players from Australia for instance.
Why do you always bash Australia?

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #19
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBugLove View Post
Who in the Main Draw is at risk of not playing due to injury or other reasons?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

figure like 3-5 of them

SURVIVOR Wimbledon Announcement

Here
randy72391 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:24 AM   #20
country flag StephenUK

StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute StephenUK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Why do you always bash Australia?
Simple - they get a wild card entry into at least three slams, despite having a dismal selection of players who rarely win outside their own abysmal $25k tour. The luckiest and most undeservedly spoiled players in tennis IMO.
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:44 AM   #21
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

You might as well just refer to Barty.. But she has even reached a QF in Malaysia and won a tournament in UK and is our most promising junior that's why the WCs are given to her....
The other one was Rogowska, who was given a WC because she was close to top 100..
Other ones in 2011 were Dellacqua who was on her comeback then
The other WC in 2010 was Sophie Ferguson who in fact beat Kvitova at RG earlier and had won a 50k in Japan before.
And the other WC was Jarka who doesn't need explaining..
So your statement doesn't really add up..
+ it's not like the British WCs at Wimby are much better than the ones at AO. Whybourn hasn't even won a singles title before..

Old May 21st, 2013, 01:15 PM   #22
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of

When is the cut off for QD? I think usually 3 weeks? But that would be in the middle of RG ?! Sorry if someone has already asked this question!
David Barker is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:27 PM   #23
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barker View Post
When is the cut off for QD? I think usually 3 weeks? But that would be in the middle of RG ?! Sorry if someone has already asked this question!
Next Tuesday. Always 4 weeks before the start of qualies.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:30 PM   #24
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of

4 weeks. As ever, thank you spiceboy
David Barker is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:06 PM   #25
country flag CooCooCachoo
Team WTAworld

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The only really decent and top 100 player that Duan has defeated in the last 12 months is Kimiko Date-Krumm, and that does not bode well for a player ranked just outside the top 100 herself. I have no problem with her being 150 or 170 in the world, but a player with such mediocre wins has no business being in grand slam main draws unless she gets a wild card or qualifies - she should not be ranked high enough to get direct entry. But Duan has never entered Wimbledon or Roland Garros qualies, and has never played in Europe since her dismal ITF sequence in 2007. You cannot argue that she deserves her place in Wimbledon more than someone like Petra Martic, for instance.

I understand your frustrations, but what is your solution? Points are based on prize money of tournaments and players then sign up. It's not exactly Duan's fault that not enough higher ranked players attended these Asian ITFs.

Bemelmans|Camerin|Cornet|Crivoi|Cuevas|Dentoni|Dod ig|Garbin|Granollers
Hlavackova|Ilhan|Kohli|Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino| Menendez|Phau|Polansky
Rezaï|Robredo|Roger-Vasselin|Srebotnik|Szavay|Wörle|Zverev

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:01 PM   #26
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

When did Yuan get ranked so high?

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:49 AM   #27
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

Duan supposedly has a big serve, is tall, and like many Chinese players plays plenty of doubles so I assume she has a decent transition/net game. I don't think she will be completely hopeless on this surface. Her fate will be determined by the draw. I can see her dispatching a clay-courter.

Let's not forget the success that Asian players have had on this surface, often with little to no grass experience beforehand.
njnetswill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:00 AM   #28
country flag StephenUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
You might as well just refer to Barty.. But she has even reached a QF in Malaysia and won a tournament in UK and is our most promising junior that's why the WCs are given to her....
The other one was Rogowska, who was given a WC because she was close to top 100..
Other ones in 2011 were Dellacqua who was on her comeback then
The other WC in 2010 was Sophie Ferguson who in fact beat Kvitova at RG earlier and had won a 50k in Japan before.
And the other WC was Jarka who doesn't need explaining..
So your statement doesn't really add up..
+ it's not like the British WCs at Wimby are much better than the ones at AO. Whybourn hasn't even won a singles title before..
I think it does. Australia only has one player in the top 130 so their WC policy has clearly failed - Dellacqua and East European imports Rodionova and Gajdosova were top 100 level but not any more; Rogowska and Jones have achieved little outside the Aus ITF tour in the last two years; Barty, now on her sixth wild card (5 MD, 1 QWC) in seven GS tournaments without any wins, has not beaten anyone in the top 120 (ie main draw level) outside team competitions, her qf in Kuala Lumpur was thanks to wins over two qualifiers ranked 171 and 242 (ie Bendigo or Traralgon standard)and has only managed to rise ten places from 195 to 185 in the last six months!

At least GB has wild card players like Robson and Watson who are then capable of moving into the top 100, which is why, unlike Ms Barty, they do not need them anymore. So they are clearly vastly superior to their much more spoiled Australian counterparts.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:52 AM   #29
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
At least GB has wild card players like Robson and Watson who are then capable of moving into the top 100, which is why, unlike Ms Barty, they do not need them anymore. So they are clearly vastly superior to their much more spoiled Australian counterparts.
At least do some research before you troll. Watson and Robson were in their mid 18s when they made the top 100. Barty has recently turned 17.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:48 AM   #30
country flag Kəv.

Why do you always say outside team competitions? Does it make a difference? Players still fight their hardest in team comps..