Daniela chat - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 6th, 2003, 01:35 AM   #1
country flag lemon

lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice lemon is just really nice
Daniela chat

today you could chat with Daniela from France @ the sanex website, for everyone who couldn't see it, here is the transcript.

< cdkus > Live starts in a few minutes...
< cdkus > *** Chat starts in 5 minutes ***
< DHantuchova > Hello every one!

< Question > per4ever: Hi Daniela, congratulations with your win today. How well were you feeling on court today?
< DHantuchova > Thank you very much. I felt really well today and I was happy the way I was playing.

< Question > Stu: Do you think you have to improve your mental strenght to beat Williams' sisters, or it's only a matter of physical power?
< DHantuchova > I think I still have to work hard on my physical strength but otherwise I feel like my game is right at the moment.

< Question > ps: has your coach nigel sears made any significant changes to your technique on serve/groundstrokes since he started working with you?
< DHantuchova > No. I am really happy that technically he did not have to change much but he has helped me in many other ways on the court.

< Question > ABrCaDbra: I know that some athlete got some ritual that they believe to bring them good luck, do you have any? is that necklace a lucky charm ? coz I've noticed you've been wearing it since last year
< DHantuchova > Yes you are right, this necklace is my favourite thing to wear for matches.

< Question > moogle: i heard that you are studying a little bit while touring around for tennis. is that true and if yes, on what kind of subject do you specialize?
< DHantuchova > yes I study a lot I finished my high school 2 years ago, since then I always studied something. At the moment it's italian. I think it's very important to have a good education cos tennis is not the only thing in life.

< Question > Marcos_Schieda: If you could modify something about tennis (ball's size, the length of the court, the height of the net, etc), what would it be?
< DHantuchova > I would not change anything at all, I love tennis the way it is now.

< Question > Fifi: Your tennis mentor was Martina Navratilova. Was it difficult for you to play her last year in Eastbourne?
< DHantuchova > yes it was very hard. Cos I realised I was playing against somebody who won Wimbldon 9 times on grass and I was more thinking about who I was playing rather than thinking about game. It was a big honour to play against her.

< Question > Michelle: After your career would you like to complete a degree in college? what would you major in?
< DHantuchova > Yes definately I am thinking about going to UNiversity and study. I don't know yet what. But I am the moment it's tennis that I am thinking about.

< Question > beauty_is_pink: HEY DANIELA!!! to defend Indian Wells, what do you think you have to do? cause our bet is that one of the Williams sister will be there. THANKS!!! and GOOD LUCK DANIELA!!! ~MaRia~
< DHantuchova > Thanks Maria. I really lokking forward to playing INdian Wells and I will try to do my best as I always do. We'll see. It will be great to do the same thing again.

< Question > Ben_Williams: What tournament so far has captured your imagination and has the best memories for you at this early stage in your professional career?
< DHantuchova > I have to say it's Indian Wells.
< DHantuchova > Winning Indian Wells was an amazing experience.

< Question> Channers: You seemed to have developed a good friendship with former doubles partner, Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario. How did you feel when she announced her retirement from the sport?
< DHantuchova > It wa s big honour to play doubles with Arnatxa and she helped a lot to improve my doubles game. It's shame that she has announced her retirement cos she was one of the greatest players. But I understand that after so many years she wants to do someting else in her life.

< Question > Taddy: Do you think there are players in the top 25 that actually deserve to stand in the top 10?
< DHantuchova > I think the ranking reflects your performance on the tournaments.

< Question > Ben_Williams: Whats the fastest serve you have ever recorded? do you keep an eye on this or you leave stats etc to other people?
< DHantuchova > I leave the stats for other people.

< Question > HantuFan: Hi Daniela. Congratulations for today's victory. Your father's name is Igor, your brother's too. Is this a Slovak tradition?
< DHantuchova > Thank you. Yes it is a tradition in Slovakia that the son is named after the father.

< Question > Peter: Hi Daniela: The slice backhand is a shot that has largely disappeared from the women's tennis - why do you think this is? Is it a shot that you think you could make more use of in approaching the net?
< DHantuchova > Today's game is so fast and powerful that it's a really hard shot to use but it's one of the things I am working on.

< Question > Stefan: Hello Daniela, this may not be the easiest question. But i am really wondering what your "secret" is ... It certainly can be hard at times to keep up with all the training, the travelling and the tournaments. How do you refill your energy tanks ? What helps you stay focussed and so determined ?
< DHantuchova> I think every one is using his own things to be determined and keep focused. I think every one should keep it secret!!!

< Question > Marcos_Schieda: Does Slovakia offer a solid tennis training to its players? Or many of the Slovak stars (Nagyova, Husarova, Habsudova, Sucha, you) improved their games outside Slovakia?
< DHantuchova > At the moment it's getting better but I have to say that the facilities in Slovakia are not at the same level at the other big countries but it's great that we have so many great players.

< Question > Central: When the results were not coming, how did you wake up every morning, where did you find the motivation to keep on working?
< DHantuchova > I think it's all about giving your best either its trainning or match.

< Question > amanda_vezina: what do you hope to accomplish for the rest of this year?
< DHantuchova > Always keeping my goals for myself and one of the goals was to make the Top 5 which has happened :-)!!!

< Question > ps: would you attribute your very fast climb in the world rankings to a higher level of physical and mental fitness or is it down to your much improved matchplay ?
< DHantuchova > I think it's a combination of both.

< Question > jonathan_crane: Hi Daniela, how important is defending the Fed Cup this year to you?
< DHantuchova > 2 more questions please.
< DHantuchova > I think winning the Fed Cup last year has been a great moment for our country and it woulb be nice of course to keep the Cup in the country..

< Question > ABrCaDbra: with you time being spent on tennis court for matches and training, do you miss all the normal thing that teenagers at your age usually do?
< DHantuchova > That's what it takes. I enjoy my life and I won't change it for anything. even sometimes it can be very tough.

< Question > spoutniko: Hi,Daniela...When do you think will you start to beat,in a regular way, the Williams,Capriati & Co...?
< DHantuchova > I think I still have to improve many things in my games but I feel that i am on the right track I can't say when.

< Question > Thank you very much Daniela, and good luck !
< DHantuchova > Thank you very muck and all the best to every one.
< DHantuchova > Thanks for your support.

lol woot! go per4ever!!!

lemon

One of the original Cocktail Party Founders!!!
lemon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 6th, 2003, 11:48 AM   #2
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
what a lovely girl, too bad we can't have a private conversation with her. I bet she's incredibly sweet
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 02:48 PM   #3
country flag daniela's necklace

daniela's necklace is on a distinguished road daniela's necklace is on a distinguished road daniela's necklace is on a distinguished road daniela's necklace is on a distinguished road daniela's necklace is on a distinguished road daniela's necklace is on a distinguished road daniela's necklace is on a distinguished road daniela's necklace is on a distinguished road daniela's necklace is on a distinguished road daniela's necklace is on a distinguished road daniela's necklace is on a distinguished road
wo0t! she mentioned me, I'm her lucky charm!

wish she would post here

anyway,

Last edited by daniela's necklace : Feb 6th, 2003 at 10:35 PM.
daniela's necklace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote