Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 17th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #286
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number

Urgh, the worst possible day for me tennis-wise. I was at my uni, saw the scores and that both Novak and JJ lost. Then I come home, see how they lost (5:2 and 2 match points respectively ffs ). Ok, never mind, still a good tournament for Jelena, Novak will get to prepare for RG that he will be motivated for (hopefully ), and Maria will save the day. And then I see a small news below saying that Maria withdrew. I freaked out, but thank God it's an illness and not some injury. Now I just hope she will recover completely, and go early to practice at RG

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #287
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

The only way to make this better is for Vika to lose to Sam . The thought of Vika being in the finals of my favorite non-RG clay tournament, even if she'd just lose to Serena, is too much. And her winning this would taint it forever
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #288

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
The only way to make this better is for Vika to lose to Sam . The thought of Vika being in the finals of my favorite non-RG clay tournament, even if she'd just lose to Serena, is too much. And her winning this would taint it forever
Literally the only. As far as I'm concerned, the same goes for Rafa on the men's side, he's not even playing his best clay court game and is still somehow scraping by and ultimately winning matches and titles. So, probably for the first (and hopefully the last) time in my life, I think I'll root for a Rena-Fed double

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old May 17th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #289
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I'm not sure if it will be good if Serena won this title too. She'd go into the French beaming with confidence
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #290
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
I'm not sure if it will be good if Serena won this title too. She'd go into the French beaming with confidence
I really just don't see anyone stopping Serena at this point in any tournament she's in. Like...I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't lose another match this year .
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #291
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

More precautionary than anything else.
I'm just worried because Vika and Serena did the same last year and they're RG was so good.

Anyway it shouldn't really affect her but it's just not ideal IMO. Errani and even Vika would have been good to play before RG.
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #292
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
I really just don't see anyone stopping Serena at this point in any tournament she's in. Like...I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't lose another match this year .
Now you're finally seeing things my way. That's exactly how I felt going into 2013. I was convinced Serena was going to coast to the calendar grand slam in the same dominant fashion we saw in the second half of last year. But that injury really set her back a bit and opened the door for other players. Unfortunately, it was the hateable Azarenka that took advantage of her ailment, being gifted her 2 titles for the year.

Barring injury or a strategic tank, like against Kerber in Cincy last year, I can see her going undefeated.

But I'm trying my hardest not to give into total despair and surrender. I still believe in Maria and think she has some memorable triumphs to come this year.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #293
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Looking back, it is a shame Maria didn't withdraw from Madrid after the initial sickness hit her. She didn't have a ton of points to defend and it's the least important clay tourney with its bad surface and high altitude. But we know how competitive Maria is and she probably figured she only needed to tough it out for a day or two and she'd be 100% again. And she spoke about how she really wanted to do well in that tournament because she didn't have a good history there. So I can't blame Maria for giving it her all to win there.

I think the illness coming right back at her after just a little over a week caught her really by surprise. It worried her and she ultimately felt, as important as Rome is, that it was in her best interest to focus on rest and not push herself before the biggest clay event coming up.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #294
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Well tbf she's cancelled out the points lost here by reaching the final in Madrid. No worries
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #295
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Are some of you for real?

Undefeated for the rest of the year? You have got to be kidding me. Desperate jinx or just delusion?

I'm pretty sure Serena will lose at the FO, probably in R4/QF

And I don't see her winning the USO either, the USO was often cruel to her. I see Azarenka winning it, she is just amazing on HC these days.
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #296
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Stosur is such a mental midget

NID that she choked vs Azarenka
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #297
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

i also see Serena losing at FO she will burn out sooner or later, she will take that Wimbledon in fashion way but i would not put my money on her at FO or USO

Kvitova Vaidisova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #298
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Who do you think might beat Serena at RG? She will lose to a low-ranked unseeded or low-seeded player who will have a hot day in the first 4 rounds, or to a good clay courter (eg. Stosur, Petra, Li, Sveta) who will have a good day too in QF/SF?
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #299
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
Who do you think might beat Serena at RG? She will lose to a low-ranked unseeded or low-seeded player who will have a hot day in the first 4 rounds, or to a good clay courter (eg. Stosur, Petra, Li, Sveta) who will have a good day too in QF/SF?
Either she'll lose in R4/QF or she'll win.

I can't see her losing so early again, but QF is the best chance to take out Serena at any Slam.

She will probably lose to someone who plays inspired tennis and either someone who is among the lower seeds or someone unseeded.

And no, she wont lose to Stosur, Petra, Li or Sveta

Serena would die before losing to Stosur again, let alone in a Slam

Petra....Just a matter of time before she becommes Serena's punchbag (4-0 h2h).

Li... even if she was leading set and 5-0 up she would find a way to choke

Sveta.... just no.
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #300

I can't. I tried. Honestly, I did. But there is just nothing you can like about Vika's personality I swear, this match with Stosur made me pull my hair out. She had -20 W/UEs ratio, Sam had -2, and Vuvurenka still won rather comfortably in the third. Now I don't know what I want more-Errani to beat her just for the sake of hilarity that would ensue (not that I'm underestimating Sara and her success), or Serena crushing her in the final

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC