Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #226
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number

Yh if JJ fails to deliver than probably for once in my life I'd want Serena to take the title. Vika has no business winning a clay tournament after Queen of Rome Masha
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #227
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Here is the official confirmation:
Link: Sharapova withdraws from Rome
I'm so sorry as well - still - I can't stop thinking that it is a tactical maneuver but I'm not sure how - Does she need rest - does she wanna be in Paris early to practice or doesn't she wanna meet Azarenka and/or Serena as of yet - Maybe she's hoping for a better draw in Paris? - I'm kinda confuzzled?
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #228
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Probably a mixture of both, but she never, if ever does this. This isn't like withdrawing 10 minutes before a match a la Serena or withdrawing consecutively a la Vika. She is a professional and she treats her body well, so probably needs some recovery from all the wine she drank last night
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #229
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

What a fantastic news to wake up to Oh well, just rest, recover and then go dominate RG again Maria
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #230
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Well I'm pissed personally because Rome was her home, Madrid was just a fucked up tournament. I wish she would've tanked or w/e and gone onto Rome which is proper preparation. But I'd be more upset if she hadn't won Stuttgart, so reaching two clay finals and getting a title from one is still pretty awesome. I want her to slay bad in Paris, because if she flops early we'll all be pretty horrified
Exactly. She shouldn't have played Madrid since she got sick or just play a couple of rounds and then withdraw. That way she'd have been healthy by now and still unbeaten on clay plus Rome>>>>>>>>>>Madrid.
But the positive thing is she'll probably be fresher for Wimbledon still needs to bring it for RG and defend that title

BTW someone with a good record should make the RG thread!
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #231
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
I'm so sorry as well - still - I can't stop thinking that it is a tactical maneuver but I'm not sure how - Does she need rest - does she wanna be in Paris early to practice or doesn't she wanna meet Azarenka and/or Serena as of yet - Maybe she's hoping for a better draw in Paris? - I'm kinda confuzzled?
She just tweeted herself, she had illness in Madrid from which she didn't recover yet and it caught on her again last night.
It's just a bad cold/flu.
All this if we want to stick to the "official and serious" news and not going in the "It was Grigor's birthday" gossip territory.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #232
Forever Sharapova.

OH YES, forgot she's aiming for a second Wimbledon title this year.
Actually, I like the smell of this tank
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #233
Forever Sharapova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
Exactly. She shouldn't have played Madrid since she got sick or just play a couple of rounds and then withdraw. That way she'd have been healthy by now and still unbeaten on clay plus Rome>>>>>>>>>>Madrid.
But the positive thing is she'll probably be fresher for Wimbledon still needs to bring it for RG and defend that title

I'll make the chat version, since AO she's reached SF, W, F, F with my thread
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #234
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

It's disappointing of course, but at least she's not injured. I agree with everyone else that Rome should be a premier mandatory and Madrid a premier, but as it is you can't blame her for not skipping Madrid. In a way her being a little bit under the weather at Madrid and Rome is good news in that she'll probably be able to play even better than she has done when she feels 100% healthy.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #235
Forever Sharapova.

Quote:
Maria Sharapova on the phone speaking to press about her withdrawal.
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #236
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post

Svetlio is making it, I believe. Which reminds me that I need to make the artwork for that thread!
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #237
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
Maria loves playing in Rome so I think that if she was OK she wouldn't have withdrawn. She probably got worse again last night because she partied too much and decided it's better to rest and be 100% healthy for the French since this virus is recurring.
I doubt she'd withdraw only because of tactics. She's really professional and doesn't tank tournaments this was her first mid-tournament withdrawal since 2008.

Also saw this on twitter:
Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline 2m
Maria Sharapova on the phone speaking to press about her withdrawal. #wtahttp://instagram.com/p/ZaR1c6N5hS/

So if she didn't even go to do a press conference means she's sick and needs bed rest. Probably has a fever or something. Knowing Maria I think she'd even play if she was as sick as when in Madrid (tissues and all )
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #238
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely want Serena to take the title now... though Errani would be hilarious...

Kind of want Azarenka and Serena to play in the final now as well, just to see how Serena responds to the Doha loss, as well as Azarenka wagging her No. 1 finger around, despite the fact she'd lost the No. 1 ranking.
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #239
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
She just tweeted herself, she had illness in Madrid from which she didn't recover yet and it caught on her again last night.
It's just a bad cold/flu.
Aaaaawww - I wish she wouldn't have mentioned her illness and Madrid - Now it looks like an excuse for her loss in the final - People already gossip about her illness after the Olympics
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #240
country flag PimpMePova

Like I said she must be really sick
@Barry_FlatmanST : Maria Sharapova maintains she felt unwell all night and was far too ill to even turn up at the Foro Italico to explain her pull out