Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 16th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #166
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future
Re: Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
That tweet was supposed to be a joke nobody implied she had actually said that to Sloane Here's the whole conversation:
Thanks!
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #167
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I noticed it started sounding different in Stuttgart. In a lot of points now, it's become a delayed grunt, which I'm not crazy about. Maria's noise has never bothered me in all these years, but I just can't say I'm fine with a grunt that comes a second or two after the shot. That starts getting into the territory of gamesmanship, and I have no idea why it's been morphing all of a sudden in recent tournaments. It had always been the trademark sharp yelp right at impact. Now it's not like that.
*nods* - At the other hand it's not as loud anymore - I however prefer her old kinda type of grunting - I have no idea either why she suddenly changed it
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #168
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
Judging from the 2nd set only, i thought Maria was playing some amazing tennis. She was hitting with so much power and precision + she didn't make that much errors.
Well I was craving a cigarette the whole time, so my judgement may have been clouded but yeah I did love the use of DTL and angles that she was displaying.
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #169
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
I noticed it started sounding different in Stuttgart. In a lot of points now, it's become a delayed grunt, which I'm not crazy about. Maria's noise has never bothered me in all these years, but I just can't say I'm fine with a grunt that comes a second or two after the shot. That starts getting into the territory of gamesmanship, and I have no idea why it's been morphing all of a sudden in recent tournaments. It had always been the trademark sharp yelp right at impact. Now it's not like that.
Completely agree, and I gotta say I preferred her more loud, fierce shrieking version. It felt genuine and natural, and it never bothered me in the slightest bit, but this new stuff... I don't know, it just doesn't sound like Maria

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #170
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
That tweet was supposed to be a joke nobody implied she had actually said that to Sloane Here's the whole conversation:

Jane Carruthers ‏@Fine_Life 4h
@TennisReporters Are you watching the Maria v Sloane match? Maria doesn't seem to be in the best of moods tonight...

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 4h
@Fine_Life Just turned it on. What a bad mood? Did she utter "SHE MADE YOU" to Sloane during changeover

Jane Carruthers ‏@Fine_Life 3h
@TennisReporters Ha! That would be something. She just looks thoroughly fed up..

Maria was probably just thinking "THIS girl beat Serena?"

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #171
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

hahahahahahaha@ the whole 'SHE MADE YOU' confusion. But that would be AWESOME

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 01:53 AM   #172
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Mark where did you get the quote about Sloane saying Maria has a bad serve? I wanna read that in context.

Maria might serve doubles, but as long as more second serves go in than out, her 1st serve % doesn't mean much 'cus her second is that good. Despite it's flaws, every girl on tour that isn't Serena, Stosur and Petrova would swap theirs for it in the morning.
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #173
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've never been a fan of grunting myself. Not that it bothers me that much, but without it I think that Maria would be even more popular than she already is. It's the only thing about her that some tennis fans don't like.

As for the delayed grunt - it's a bit like Vika's in that regard now, ain't it? If they keep evolving in that direction they will at one point when they play each other grunt when the other one hits the ball.

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : May 17th, 2013 at 06:13 AM.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #174
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

She was feeling under the weather in Madrid, so I guess that has affected her grunt.

I'm already getting tired just thinking about her next match. I hope it won't be too difficult for Maria.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #175
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Yeah although it's quieter now I don't like the "new" grunt either. First of all because it reminds me of Vika's grunt and second because it's a bit delayed and it just doesn't feel like a natural thing like her previous one. Sometimes it seems like she forgets to use it and she remembers it after she's hit the shot But I don't understand how it just changed like that all of a sudden. I mean I can't imagine Maria was like "yeah I should change my grunt cause I want to sound like Victoria"
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #176
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really think she thinks about how she grunts, it's just lower, but whoever knows why
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #177
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Did not manage to get on-line since yesterday afternoon. Another good win for Maria, it seems. Errani could end up being one of Maria's punchbag but today she's in front of the hone crowd and I'm sure she will fight hard. Nevertheless, Maria is a far better player and I expect her to win.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #178
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

QF now up . Haven't been able to watch her matches this week, can't wait to log in starting from today . Reach the semis Maria.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #179
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

maria is out of rome !

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #180
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

Quote:
Chris Skelton ‏@ChrisSkelton87 2 min
Sharapova issues a walkover to Errani and will head to Roland Garros with an 11-1 clay record this year.
i hope she is not injured and she done this just to stay in shape

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote