Jaqueline Adina Cristian - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 12:24 AM   #46
country flag noname29

noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all
Re: Jaqueline Adina Cristian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
No problem.

10K Sharm el Sheikh 20, Semifinal:

(6)Vladyslava Zanosiyenko (UKR) d. Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) 20 Ret.

I hope Jaq is ok. A pity she had to retire today, but what a great week for her. Can't wait for those rankings!
Congrats to Jacqueline, but I think should continue to play more tournaments on the junior (2-3 junior tournaments, and one 10 k) I think it would be ideal. I say this because some girls that she has met in Sharm el Sheikh are pretty mediocre (18-25 years have no ranking!).I think it's better to face quality players, even if they are junior. Sometimes you can learn more from a painful defeat, than from an easy victory. P.S. Press article about Jacqueline u posted above, appears in which newspaper?
noname29 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM   #47
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname29 View Post
Congrats to Jacqueline, but I think should continue to play more tournaments on the junior (2-3 junior tournaments, and one 10 k) I think it would be ideal. I say this because some girls that she has met in Sharm el Sheikh are pretty mediocre (18-25 years have no ranking!).I think it's better to face quality players, even if they are junior. Sometimes you can learn more from a painful defeat, than from an easy victory. P.S. Press article about Jacqueline u posted above, appears in which newspaper?
I'm pretty sure Jaq will now focus on junior tournaments for a while. She only played these 10K tournaments in order to get some points and make a ranking for herself (and she made it). Now it will be easier for her to gain entrance in pro-level tournaments.
Besides, there are the age eligibility rules that stops her from playing many professional tournaments at this time:

ii. 14 Years Old
A player may earn a WTA Ranking; however, she may not participate in WTA Tournaments by direct ranking acceptance, or participate in a WTA Championships, by direct ranking acceptance or Wild Card.
(a) Number and Type of Tournaments
Between the date of a player’s 14th birthday and the day before her 15th birthday, a player may participate in:
(i) A maximum of eight (8) ITF Women’s Circuit events, no more than three (3) of which may be at ITF Women’s Circuit $50,000 and above
; plus
(ii) Fed Cup (any level of competition).

As for the opponents she gets by playing these ITF, I can only disagree with you. This week she played against No. 732 & No. 818 and last week she played against No. 370, and she needed that experience. Ranked and sometimes not ranked, these are the players she will come across after her junior days are over.
You said a smart thing about learning more from a painful defeat than from an easy victory. But I can assure you that confidence is built on positive things, such as winning to older pro-circuit players when you are only 14. And that's how old Jaq is now. She plays good, but only played with juniors until now and she wanted to prove herself that she can take on some pro-circuit players and build some confidence for herself. And she succeeded

The article is from a local sports newspaper, Gazeta Sporturilor, form Thursday, May 30th.
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 05:31 PM   #48
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Jaqueline has game.

She will go her way, barring that she will stay away from the ones of Sever Dron.

I don't know what to think about these retirements as I don't know how hard it is on the body of a 14-year old to play back to back 10k tournaments in the heat.

Anyway, she wouldn't be my first fave with a love for questionable retirements. So, I won't judge.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 09:40 PM   #49
country flag noname29

noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all

Ok I understand your opinion, I'm glad she made her ranking before a few days to 15 years old (already broke a record ). I wanted to say that we should not minimize the junior tournaments, look at our current top players, all except alex Cadantu, have played many junior tours, and their results were not slow to emerge when moved into WTA.
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 10:14 AM   #50

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

There are also examples of great junior players who failed when they made the transition to the pro circuit. The names Forin Mergea and Ema Bogdan come first in my mind.
But I'm pretty sure this won't be the case here. She already has a semifinal under her belt. More than half of the current WTA tour can't say that about themselves.
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #51

La la la ri ra ra ra ra

La multi ani, Jaq!
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #52

Sweet 15
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #53
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Happy birthday to lil' Jackie
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #54
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

beautiful little girl
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #55

Truth be told, both her and Ducu are looking awesome. Cirstea and Olaru can retire already
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #56

Bravo, Jaq! Now all you have to do is climb those rankings
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #57
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Nice. So she entered the rankings between 946 and 965. I wish there was a way to know her future schedule. It's exciting to follow a young player climb up the rankings.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #58
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

So has she officially ditch the Adina or what ?
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Nice. So she entered the rankings between 946 and 965. I wish there was a way to know her future schedule. It's exciting to follow a young player climb up the rankings.
She'll focus on junior tournaments for a while, but she'll be playing a 10K in Bucharest next week. I might go and see her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
So has she officially ditch the Adina or what ?
Nope, it's just a "mistake" from those at the WTA. They're just lazy
Same thing happened with Simona-Iulia Matei (they dropped the Iulia), Andreea-Roxana Vaideanu (they dropped the Roxana) and perhaps many others.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #60
country flag noname29

[quote=Uncurv;29401529]She'll focus on junior tournaments for a while, but she'll be playing a 10K in Bucharest next week. I might go and see her

Poate o sa ne rasfeti cu ceva poze si clipuri, cu speranta noastra

lil' Jackie.

Last edited by noname29 : Jun 15th, 2013 at 06:16 PM.