2014 Kim Clijsters News/Picture Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2014, 08:47 PM   #1
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future
2014 Kim Clijsters News/Picture Thread

New thread for the new year! Don't imagine there will be millions of posts in this thread, but I do have one to start it off. CNN just published this article on Kim with some quotes.

Clijsters warms to Australian Open but cool on another comeback
(CNN) -- Kim Clijsters has been lured out of retirement once before and if anything is going to encourage the former world no. 1 out for a third stint on tour it's the thought of playing at the Australian Open.
Speaking with world no. 14 Ana Ivanovic on CNN's Open Court, the 30-year-old Belgian admitted to a few pangs of jealousy as her Serbian friend prepared to jet off to Melbourne for the year's first grand slam.
"Yeah I'm a little bit jealous when you told me that you're leaving tomorrow," said Clijsters, who won the last of her four grand slam titles at Melbourne in 2011.
"A lot of people ask me do you miss being on the road or do you miss playing tennis or the competition? And that's what I kind of miss the most last year was being in Australia at the start of the year."
The Clijsters, who retired for the second time in 2012, won't be the only European pining for a bit of summer sun to soothe the winter blues.
But while most visitors would flock to the beach or lounge around a pool, it's clear that the former world no. 1 still misses the more active outdoor life that Aussie life affords.
"The first morning when you wake up with a huge jet lag, four, five o'clock in the morning and everybody is running or swimming, you can go outside and they are on their bikes and that's what I love," she says.
"I think if I would do that here in Belgium people would think I'm going crazy. Then again, the weather is not suited to living that kind of life style. I miss that."
However, the mother of two -- Clijsters has a five-year-old daughter, Jada and gave birth to a son, Jack last September -- isn't about to make a comeback like she did in 2009.
"I don't miss the competition. I don't miss the heavy work out schedule. It was getting harder with Jada to combine it and now with Jack. I enjoy working out still but I enjoy doing it when I feel like doing it."
Living an active life is a habit Clijsters is keen to pass on to her children, but she's not about to become another one of tennis' pushy parents.
"I'm not the kind of person where I want (Jada) to be like me and want her to have a career like me," Clijsters told CNN in December 2012.
"She plays a bit, she's at the club that I own with a friend every Wednesday, she goes there just for the social side of things ...
"It's just fun to see her have a social life and be among friends while playing sports. Whether it's swimming, track and field or tennis, I'll support her whatever she wants to do.
"But I'm not going to be the mother that's like, 'We're going to play tennis, we're going to practice this and this shot' -- I'm not like that at all."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/10/sp...iref=allsearch

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 09:29 PM   #2

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future
Re: 2014 Kim Clijsters News/Picture Thread

Kim CNN Open Court

Kim sits down and interviews Ana. This is from the Kim Clijsters Invitational in December. Not too exciting, but it's something.

Thank You, Kim
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 06:33 AM   #3
country flag Sarah<Kim-fan>

Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute

CNN made this video : Kim & Ana interviewing each other in Antwerp

http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2....novic.cnn.html
Sarah<Kim-fan> is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:51 AM   #4
country flag Kimking

Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light

Kim's sports and health club officially opened yesterday.
Photos here: http://album.hbvl.be/foto-album/open...clijsters.aspx
Kimking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 03:59 AM   #5
country flag Kimking

Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/video...ideo=1.1879258

Open Day at Kim's academy.
You can see Jada practising tennis. Even baby Jack went there too!
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #6

The Golden-Sunshine Double
It's been almost a decade since Kim Clijsters became the last player to win the Indian Wells-Miami double - Mark Hodgkinson caught up with the former World No.1 about those memories...
Published March 17, 2014 12:12

Call it the Golden-Sunshine Double, with one half in the Golden State of California and the other in the Sunshine State of Florida. If that makes it sound like a pleasant, sun-buttered jaunt across America, don't be misled; crossing the States with a tennis racquet can be brutal. Though she had never thought about her victories in this way before, Kim Clijsters readily agreed with the analysis that doing the Indian Wells-Miami double had been among the greatest accomplishments of her tennis life (or, for accuracy, given she retired and then unretired, of her two tennis lives).

It's now almost 10 years since any WTA athlete won the title in the Californian desert and then flew across United States to also rip through a draw-sheet in Florida, with that last double coming with the Belgian's victories in 2005. Before Clijsters, you have to spool all the way back to Steffi Graf in the mid-1990s. "There are a number of difficulties facing anyone with ambitions of holding up trophies in both the Coachella Valley and on Key Biscayne," Clijsters said in an interview with wtatennis.com, "and the most obvious thing is the longevity of the trip. You're hoping to play four weeks in a row, and that's the biggest challenge of the trip," disclosed the former World No.1, who in 2005 beat Lindsay Davenport in the Indian Wells final and then Maria Sharapova in the Miami title match. "It's a very long trip, and you've got to try to create the same feeling as if you are playing a Grand Slam. You're playing one day, then one day off, then one day, then one day off, and so on. It's a long trip. You've got to stay really focused."

So if you manage to achieve the first half of the double, with success at the BNP Paribas Open, you must immediately refocus your energies and attentions on your opening match at the Sony Open; you certainly can't celebrate your first title in the middle of the trip. "I had learned from experience that, after winning one tournament, there's a danger that you will lose your focus at your next one," Clijsters recalled. "That's something that I used on that long Indian Wells-Miami trip, because after that Indian Wells final you're immediately into your next tournament in Miami. This is different to other trips. After I won the US Open, I didn't care about doing my cool-down afterwards, or stretching, and that's because you feel that you're done. But on that Indian Wells-Miami trip, you have to think that after Indian Wells you're going to be playing again very soon in Miami, and so any celebrations will have to come after the trip, and not between tournaments."

What's so disagreeable, you might think, about travelling from the Golden State to the Sunshine State; but professional tennis players aren't tourists. And anyone hoping to do the double has to master the different playing conditions, going from the dry heat of the Californian desert to the muggy heat of the Florida Keys. "The conditions are extremely different. I remember every time I took the plane from Indian Wells to Miami, and then stepped off the plane for that first practice, I struggled with my breathing a lot more, as it's just so much more humid in Miami. It always took me a couple of days to get used to the conditions. I remember one year in Miami, being really out of breath during my first couple of matches," Clijsters said.

"When I was playing, the courts in Indian Wells and in Miami were different speeds, but not to the extent that it was a factor that you had to really worry about too much. You were still playing on hard courts. You can also get extreme conditions at the two tournaments. I remember playing on very windy days in Miami, but in Indian Wells you can get sandstorms. It wasn't so much about the change in temperature from Indian Wells to Miami, as they were probably just as hot as each other, but about how those temperatures felt - the humidity in Miami made it feel so much heavier."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...unshine-double

Thank You, Kim
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 12:49 PM   #7

http://wavemakers.prezly.com/lustrum...utm_id=4214401

Kim will be playing in the Optima Open exhibition this August. Mixed doubles with John McEnroe!

Thank You, Kim
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 06:33 AM   #8

Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute

Video of Kim at 'practice' for the Optima Open, with a belgian comedian, who's also a pretty decent tennis player

http://www.sport.be/nl/denaakteaap/a...icle_ID=679913

Guga Baul stoomt Clijsters klaar voor comeback

Belga

Kim Clijsters maakt in Knokke haar comeback in het dubbel samen met John McEnroe. Om terug in topvorm te geraken, rekent ze op Guga Baul. Bekijk de beelden!
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neVjm-TNxFg

There are ten of these videos. I think it's from a conference Kim attended in Norway a couple weeks ago? That's my best guess. Anyway, it features some fun anecdotes from Kim about her career. She talks about her Petrova loss, a fight she got into with Brian at the US Open one year, her match against Steffi at Wimbledon, and more. It's hilarious how bad she is with her career statistics! She gets all the years wrong, haha.

Thank You, Kim
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 10:40 AM   #10
country flag Kimking

Kim in the cooking show 'De Keuken van Sofie'.

Yesterday : http://koken.vtm.be/de-keuken-van-so...en-granite-van

April 21 : http://koken.vtm.be/recept/verloren-...-blauwe-bessen
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 06:23 AM   #11
country flag Kimking

Kim in 'De Keuken van Sofie'.

April 23 : http://koken.vtm.be/de-keuken-van-so...rauwe-groenten

April 24 : http://koken.vtm.be/de-keuken-van-so...t-edamamebonen

April 25 : http://koken.vtm.be/de-keuken-van-so...s-en-amandelen
Old May 22nd, 2014, 06:20 AM   #12

Kim @ Go Crazy for Charity, an even organized by Vincent Kompany

Old May 26th, 2014, 01:02 PM   #13
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Paris Open

Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #14

Saw Kim at Roland Garros! Sadly, I was only there Sunday and Monday so I didn't get to see her warm up with Yanina. But I knew she was there. When I walked by where the cars drive up with the players, I saw Sam. I realized Kim was in the car. Sure enough, there she was! She looked good. I yelled "KIM!" because I was so surprised/excited to see her/ She turned around bewildered, and I awkwardly waved. But to her credit she smiled and waved right back at me. I was pretty pleased, haha.

Thank You, Kim
Old May 29th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #15
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert-KimClijst View Post
Saw Kim at Roland Garros! Sadly, I was only there Sunday and Monday so I didn't get to see her warm up with Yanina. But I knew she was there. When I walked by where the cars drive up with the players, I saw Sam. I realized Kim was in the car. Sure enough, there she was! She looked good. I yelled "KIM!" because I was so surprised/excited to see her/ She turned around bewildered, and I awkwardly waved. But to her credit she smiled and waved right back at me. I was pretty pleased, haha.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote