BREAKING NEWS....3 Women found alive after disappearing in 2003 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 7th, 2013, 02:05 AM   #1
country flag plantman

plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute
BREAKING NEWS....3 Women found alive after disappearing in 2003

Missing teenagers Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus found alive after 10 years

Third woman also discovered in residential house in south Cleveland as cheering crowds gather in the street

Two women who went missing as teenagers about a decade ago were found alive Monday in a residential area just south of downtown, within a few miles of where they disappeared.

Cheering crowds gathered Monday night on the street near the home where police said Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and a third woman were found earlier in the day. The identity of the third woman hadn't been confirmed.

Police didn't immediately provide any details of how the women were found or what conditions they were in.

Berry disappeared at age 16 on April 21, 2003, when she called her sister to say she was getting a ride home from her job at a Burger King fast food restaurant. DeJesus went missing at age 14 on her way home from school about a year later.

In January, a prison inmate was sentenced to four and half years after admitting he provided a false burial tip in the disappearance of Berry, who had last been seen the day before her 17th birthday. A judge in Cleveland sentenced Robert Wolford on his guilty plea to obstruction of justice, making a false report and making a false alarm.

Last summer, Wolford tipped authorities to look for Berry's remains in a Cleveland lot. He was taken to the location, which was dug up with backhoes.

Berry's mother, Louwana Miller, who had been hospitalized for months with pancreatitis and other ailments, died in March 2006. She had spent the previous three years looking for her daughter, whose disappearance took a toll as her health steadily deteriorated, family and friends said.

Two men arrested for questioning in the disappearance of DeJesus in 2004 were released from the city jail in 2006 after officers did not find her body during a search of the men's house.

One of the men was transferred to the Cuyahoga County Jail on unrelated charges, while the other was allowed to go free, police said.

In September 2006, police acting on a tip tore up the concrete floor of the garage and used a cadaver dog to search unsuccessfully for DeJesus' body.

No special alert was issued the day DeJesus failed to return home from school in April 2004 because no one witnessed her abduction. The lack of an alert angered her father, Felix DeJesus, who said in 2006 he believed the public will listen even if the alerts become routine.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...us-found-alive

WOW.....This is fantastic news!!

Last edited by plantman : May 7th, 2013 at 02:21 AM.
plantman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #2
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BREAKING NEWS....3 Women found alive after disappearing in 2003

Amanda's mother passed away five years ago. Beyond sad.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:08 AM   #3
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread as the story progresses.
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:34 AM   #4
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

They disappear at different times: 2002(Knight), 203(Berry) and 2004 (DeJesus)

Quote:

(CNN) -- Three women who went missing years ago in separate cases have been found together Monday in Cleveland, Ohio, police said.
One of the women called 911 after breaking out of the house where she had been living.
"Help me, I am Amanda Berry," she said, her voice distraught and quick, according to an audio recording of the call released Monday night. "I've been kidnapped and I've been missing for 10 years. And I'm here and I'm free now."

Another 911 call came in less than a minute later from a man who saw Berry busting out of the house.

3 missing women found alive in Ohio

"She's like, 'This (expletive) kidnapped me and my daughter,'" Charles Ramsey told 911.
A 52-year-old man has been arrested, Cleveland police said on their website. Brian Cummins, a councilman who represents the area where the women were found, said the suspect's name is Ariel Castro.

Castro used to work as a bus driver for the Cleveland Metropolitan School District, according to district spokeswoman Roseann Canfora. She did not have specifics Monday night on how long he was employed, when he left, or whether he was fired or left voluntarily.

The three women are in fair condition, Gerald Maloney, an emergency department physician at Metro Health Medical Center, said Monday night.

"I am thankful that Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight have been found alive," Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson said. "We have many unanswered questions regarding this case and the investigation will be ongoing. Again, I am thankful that these three young ladies are found and alive."

Angie Garcia, whose aunt lives across the street from where the women were found, said Berry ran over to the house Monday and begged to use the phone. Berry, who was carrying a child, told the aunt who she was and then asked to use the phone to call 911.

The women and another young child came out of the house across the street, Garcia said.

"We never saw the girls there and we were always outside," she said. "We only saw the guy."
Berry was 17 when she disappeared in 2003. DeJesus went missing a year later, when she was 14.
Knight went missing in 2002, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

source: http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/06/us/ohi...und/index.html

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : May 7th, 2013 at 03:41 AM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #5
country flag plantman

plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute

'Help me get out. I've been in here a long time': Neighbor describes the moment he freed Amanda Berry when he heard her cries for help

A neighbor credited with saving three young women held captive in a Cleveland home for a decade says he heard desperate screams for help before helping one of the girls to safety.

Charles Ramsey said he was enjoying some food from McDonald's when he heard the desperate cries.

Mr Ramsey told WEWS-TV: 'I heard screaming, and I see this girl going nuts trying to get outside [of the house].

go on the porch and she said, "Help me get out. I've been here a long time." I figure it was domestic violence dispute.'

'She comes out with a little girl and says "Call 911, my name is Amanda Berry."'

'I'm like, "I'm calling 911 for Amanda Berry? I thought this girl was dead."' - Charles Ramsey

He said he didn't immediately process that it was the same Amanda Berry who had disappeared from the neighborhood 10 years ago.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2SZfFTHor
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:40 AM   #6
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Flashback when they first went meeting

First published: updated 5:54 p.m. EDT, Thu April 2, 2009

Quote:

Three teens disappear from same neighborhood

By Philip Rosenbaum
Nancy Grace Producer

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A 14-year-old girl disappears on her way home from school, another is last seen near her home and a 16-year-old vanishes after leaving her fast-food job for the day.

Amanda Berry is shown near the time of her disappearance in 2003, and how she might appear today.

All from the same neighborhood in Cleveland, Ohio, the girls disappeared within five blocks of each other over a four-year span, starting in 2003.
Agents and detectives from the FBI and Cleveland Police are looking into hundreds of leads in the cases and whether they may be linked, according to FBI Special Agent Scott Wilson in the agency's Cleveland bureau.
"We kind of put all three of these cases together to work them to see if there's any connection," Wilson said.

Amanda Berry, 16, vanished on April 21, 2003, after she left her job at a Burger King at about 7:30 p.m. But she never made it to her home just a few blocks away, the FBI says. Berry has pierced ears, a pierced left eyebrow and a scar on her lower abdomen. She would now be 22.

Georgina DeJesus was last seen at a pay phone around 3 p.m. on April 2, 2004, as she headed home from school. She and a friend had called the friend's mother seeking permission for a sleepover at DeJesus' house, but the answer was no.

The girls then parted ways, and DeJesus was never seen again. She was wearing a white jacket, a sky blue sweater, blue jeans and a cream shirt. She has a light birthmark on her right leg and pierced ears, the FBI says. DeJesus was 14 when she disappeared and would now be 19.

Ashley Summers, last seen July 6, 2007, has a heart-shaped tattoo with "Gene" on her upper arm. She was initially reported as a runaway after a family argument. "But the problem is, she's never been seen again," Wilson said. Summers, 14, would now be 15.
Citing FBI policy, Wilson declined to say whether there are persons of interest in any of the three cases. The girls did not know each other and the FBI would not say whether any of them had mutual friends or acquaintances.
"It's certainly very concerning to us that we have three young girls missing from the same general area and we have to look at every possibility of what happened to them," Wilson said.

source: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/02/...rls/index.html

Old May 7th, 2013, 03:42 AM   #7
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

Scary. I'm assuming the girls were kept locked up somewhere in the house where they couldn't reach windows or the front door. Good to hear they are all in good health.
njnetswill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:46 AM   #8
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnetswill View Post
Scary. I'm assuming the girls were kept locked up somewhere in the house where they couldn't reach windows or the front door. Good to hear they are all in good health.
That is probably the case.
None of the neighbors have not seen the girls, now 3 women

They have nothing bad to say about their neighbor, school bus driver Castro.

Old May 7th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #9
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

It is just like the brilliant novel 'Room'.

I am very happy for the women, but it's just too sad and awful for the mother and for the years they lost.

It is hard to believe that people can be kept captive for so long. But thank God they are alive.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #10
country flag Halardfan

Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute

The frantic 911 call was so moving to her. Thank goodness they could finally escape.
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #11
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

I know that there have been cases of girls abducted and held for many years. I'm just wondering how 3 women can be held without over powering their captor - it will be interesting to see how this story unfurls and how one eventually broke free.
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #12
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula View Post
It is just like the brilliant novel 'Room'.

I am very happy for the women, but it's just too sad and awful for the mother and for the years they lost.

It is hard to believe that people can be kept captive for so long. But thank God they are alive.
That was a great book, up to their 'escape plan' which I thought wasn't convincing.
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #13
Miss Atomic Bomb
Legendary

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #14
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! If i was kept in there for that long i woulve lost my sanity.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #15
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Glad they're alive and well. Still I don't get how a 17yo woman can let someone hold her for 10 years in a situation where she wasn't tied up or being watched 24-7.