Tales from the Locker Room - Episode 32, Masha prepares for Singapore - Page 85 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who do you want to appear next in Tales from the Locker Room (maximum 4 players)?

Klara Zakopalova 14 14.43%
Dominika Cibulkova 47 48.45%
Ekaterina Makarova 9 9.28%
Angelique Kerber 33 34.02%
Julia Goerges 44 45.36%
Daniela Hantuchova 42 43.30%
Sabine Lisicki 51 52.58%
Kirsten Flipkens 14 14.43%
Sorana Cirstea 26 26.80%
Nadia Petrova 31 31.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 8th, 2014, 12:16 AM   #1261
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - Episode 25, Genie reviews her options

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
I was completely unaware of this bagel rivalry between Montreal and New York when I did the 'toon but I'm chuffed to bits to hear of it. Adds an extra, unintentional twist to the gag.
Actually, I was unaware myself.

No one talks about Montreal style bagels in America, especially in NY.

It must be the Canada folks looking for some culinary attention and recognition outside their home land.

It's all good Bobito. Like you said, a little rivalry wouldn't hurt no one.

Speaking about bagels. That photo shop and Tales of the Lockeroom of yours was something else.

And congrats to you and Petra. I know you've been a long time fan, sufferer, admirer.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2014, 12:46 AM   #1262
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Actually, I was unaware myself.

No one talks about Montreal style bagels in America, especially in NY.

It must be the Canada folks looking for some culinary attention and recognition outside their home land.

It's all good Bobito. Like you said, a little rivalry wouldn't hurt no one.

Speaking about bagels. That photo shop and Tales of the Lockeroom of yours was something else.

And congrats to you and Petra. I know you've been a long time fan, sufferer, admirer.
Yeah all three. Great to see the Venus Rosewater Dish back in her hands.

I'm going through what I call a triple fave period at the moment, Simona, Petra and Flavia. In that order but with very little to choose between them. When they play each other I honestly don't know who I'll be rooting for until they walk on court. And it could change during the match too. Fortunately they haven't come up against each other that often.

bobito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 02:49 PM   #1263
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

This episode was born in the Wimbledon queue when I met up with Fantasy Hero, MikBs, Javi and Jack. No sooner had we sat down for a coffee than they pitched this idea. Thanks guys.

Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 02:50 PM   #1264
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

she needed a more slutty look, but it's great anyway

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 02:51 PM   #1265
country flag MikBs

MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute

bobito
I should send curriculum for that job btw
MikBs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 02:54 PM   #1266
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

For those not familiar with the background to this story:

Los Angeles Times, August 2011

Bojana Jovanovski had a bad day.

The 19-year old Serbian got knocked out of the quarterfinals of the Citi Open in Washington on Saturday, and woke up Sunday morning ready to travel to Carlsbad for the Mercury Insurance Open. Her first match was scheduled for Monday afternoon. Staring Sunday morning, she boarded a plane in D.C. bound for Dallas, then transferred from Dallas to Albuquerque. From Albuquerque she flew straight to Carlsbad.

There is a very small airport in Carlsbad, Calif. There is also a small airport in Carlsbad, N.M. Jovanovski was tired from a day of travel, so it took her a while to take in her surroundings. But when she got off the plane, she got a few signs she might be in the wrong place.

"One man asked me at the airport …'What are you doing here? Are you playing tennis?' " Jovanovski said. "I said, "Yeah, it’s a tennis tournament.' And he said, 'Here?' "

When Jovanovski had trouble locating her cab, she finally got confirmation that she was in the wrong state.

"I was waiting for 15 minutes and nobody comes," she said. "And I call again, and they say they are at the airport and they are looking for you. I said I am the only person here, how can you not see me? At that moment, the girl asked me on the telephone, are you in Carlsbad in California or in New Mexico?"

Jovanovski managed to arrive in the correct Carlsbad about 30 minutes before her first-round match was set to begin. Thankfully for her, the previous two matches had both gone to three sets, giving her 15 minutes to rest before her 15-minute warmup.

For all that trouble, Jovanovski lost a tough three-setter to Roberta Vinci, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...ing-match.html

Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 02:56 PM   #1267
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

well done Bob, when I said you should do something about it, I could not expect something so great probably my fave of them all

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 02:56 PM   #1268
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff guys!

I don't think any explanation was necessary Bobito. This story is a TF legend by now. Poor Bojo
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 03:01 PM   #1269
country flag MikBs

MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute MikBs has a reputation beyond repute

I love the finale it was also great to see you draw something live

and I'm imagining myself ask her about stanford in such a shady way ahhahahah
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 03:02 PM   #1270
country flag Javi.

Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome as usual.
This is one of my favorite tennis stories I discovered on TF I laughed so hard first time I saw that. So cool it's been covered by one of Bobito's cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikBs View Post

Yeah, Bob, it was much appreciated that you counted on us during all the process
Javi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 03:04 PM   #1271
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

Great one
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 03:05 PM   #1272
country flag MikBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi. View Post
Yeah, Bob, it was much appreciated that you counted on us during all the process
true I appreciated that too
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 03:14 PM   #1273
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

Re: Tales from the Locker Room - Episode 26, The Road To Carlsbad

Oops, just realized I'd forgotten to change the thread title

Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 03:27 PM   #1274
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi. View Post
Bob, it was much appreciated that you counted on us during all the process
Quote:
It adds to the fun when there's someone else involved, you get to bounce ideas around.

Quote:
and I'm imagining myself ask her about Stanford in such a shady way ahhahahah
For those of you with sharp eyes, yes that is MikBs in the role of the airport desk clerk.

Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 03:30 PM   #1275
country flag MikBs

Quote:
It adds to the fun when there's someone else involved, you get to bounce ideas around.
that looooooooooooooong coffee was really inspiring indeed

Quote:
For those of you with sharp eyes, yes that is MikBs in the role of the airport desk clerk.
thank you again, it's a honor