Tennis Forum banner

Who do you want to appear next in Tales from the Locker Room (maximum 4 players)?

• Klara Zakopalova

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Dominika Cibulkova

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • Ekaterina Makarova

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Angelique Kerber

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Julia Goerges

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • Daniela Hantuchova

Votes: 42 43.3%
  • Sabine Lisicki

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Kirsten Flipkens

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Sorana Cirstea

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Nadia Petrova

Votes: 31 32.0%

Tales from the Locker Room - Wimbledon sketchbook, 2nd Monday (Bara, Kveta & Venus)

659K views 3K replies 423 participants last post by  TapeError 
#1 · (Edited)
Tales from the Locker Room - Wimbledon sketchbook, 2nd Monday (Bara, Kveta & Venus)

Episode 112 - Championship Point January 2019

Alexander Zverev & Novak Djokovic

Episode 113 - Drop the racquet! Back away slowly! March 2019

Elina Svitolina

Episode 114 - Equal Pay May 2019

Ion Tiriac

Episode 115 - Equal Pay part 2 May 2019

Ion Tiriac, Ilie Nastase, Anne Keothavong, Mariana Alves

Episode 116 - Equal Pay part 3 May 2019

Ion Tiriac, Simona Halep, Anne Keothavong

Episode 117 (and fin) - Wimbletoons June 2019

Danielle Rose Collins, Kiki Mladenovic, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Nick Kyrgios, Vika Azarenka, Hsieh Su-Wei, Ash Barty, Bara Strycova, Miffed Max, Minimiffed, Stromatolite, CocoHero, Mikulescu, Lilla May & Bobito

Previous seasons' 'toons

See less See more
#3,390 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - 116 Ginny v Tiriac part 3

I have no idea what's going on in here, I think some feminist is upset with Tiriac for some reason or something?

I am sure you got him good with these, I didnt actually checked them in detail, all I see he is playing tennis on points at 80 years old or whatever he has? OK...

#3,391 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - 116 Ginny v Tiriac part 3

I have no idea what's going on in here, I think some feminist is upset with Tiriac for some reason or something?

I am sure you got him good with these, I didnt actually checked them in detail, all I see he is playing tennis on points at 80 years old or whatever he has? OK...
:spit:
you should really go through the whole thread. :lol:

#3,400 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - All Good Things....

This is just a little post to let everyone know that this year's Wimbletoon will be the final episode of Tales from the Locker Room

To be honest I can't believe it got anywhere near this far. When I put the first couple of 'toons up on TennisForum it was with the thought that, if people liked them, I might do perhaps half a dozen. That it passed 100 and kept going is entirely down to the response from you lot. So thanks, it's meant more than you can imagine.

A huge thanks also to the many co-writers who've joined in the fun. It made it so much more special to share the experience of creating these madcap stories.

But there's a limit to how many good jokes you can do within the lines of a tennis court. Also, having begun another comic series, I only have so much time to put into them. I didn't want TftLR to become a shadow of its former self, so I've decided to sign off with one last Wimbletoon.

This doesn't mean I'll never do another tennis cartoon. If an idea comes to mind then I probably won't be able to resist having a dig. And I'll still take my sketchbook to Wimbledon. But it won't be under the TftLR banner.

If you'd like to see what else I'm doing, follow me on Twitter, give my Facebook Page a like or head over to Bobitoons.com.

Those who were already mourning the end of Game of Thrones might like to take a peek at my own comic take on the fantasy genre Flagons & Dragons

#3,405 ·

Your talents for capturing the tennis world have brought joy to many. Thank you so much for sharing your gift with us here. I happened upon these a few years back and went back and read them all. Like with the RG bullring, all good things must come to an end, I suppose. Sending you good creative juju for your future endeavors. [emoji813]

#3,406 ·

Noooo?? But you know what you are doing. I respect that?? It was a fantastic journey which brought joy to many of us, this forum freaks:inlove: Mogli and Ginny Hoffa will be sorely missed. Thanks so much. Luv u Bobby:inlove:

#3,448 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - Wimbledon sketchbook, 2nd Monday (Bara, Kveta & Venu

Noooo?? But you know what you are doing. I respect that?? It was a fantastic journey which brought joy to many of us, this forum freaks:inlove: Mogli and Ginny Hoffa will be sorely missed. Thanks so much. Luv u Bobby:inlove:
Maybe not. I'm recasting this:

Currently working on a couple of scenes from Flagons & Dragons that feature a pair of witches, Janika and Anika. They may look a little familiar to fans of Serbian tennis ;)

I was sketching a witches' house at my local coffee shop when the barista (Ali who is very familiar with my scribblings and even helped on the Wimbledon musical) asked, "Do they have a black cat?" A light bulb went off in my head. "No," I replied, "they have a white cat." Ana out, Vika and Moggley in.

At least one of the witches needed to have a pointy nose anyway.

#3,416 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - 117 (and fin) Wimbletoons

Danielle Rose Collins, Kiki Mladenovic, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Nick Kyrgios, Vika Azarenka, Hsieh Su-Wei, Ash Barty, Bara Strycova, Miffed Max, Minimiffed, Stromatolite, CocoHero, Mikulescu, Lilla May & Bobito

Thanks to everyone who's helped out over the years, I couldn't fit all of you into that last panel but I was thinking of you when I drew it.

And of course thanks to the readers who've given so much encouragement along the way.

#3,417 ·

Thanks to everyone who's helped out over the years, I couldn't fit all of you into that last panel but I was thinking of you when I drew it.

And of course thanks to the readers who've given so much encouragement along the way.
Great one, thanks for all the comics. There are situations when an end is always sad because it's an end, but was indeed a good way to end it. It even made me wonder what a great character DRC would be, but well...

I loved that there was some meta on it, gotta love some meta.

#3,420 ·

Love it @bobito. Glad Moggley got into Wimbledon once more. Enjoy Wimbledon. You've been brilliant and made us all laugh. A big thank you from us.

Reactions: Javi and bobito
#3,425 ·

Update on Wimbledon sketchbook.

I went Monday/Tuesday but before setting out I poked myself in the eye getting my bag down from the shelf.

Don't laugh you sadistic bastards, it hurt :(

I probably would have called it off but the friend I was going with had never been to Wimbledon before and was really excited to go so I blinked away the pain and set off. After an uneasy night in a tent, several hours queuing in the sun, two trips to first aid for an eye bath I called it a day around 3pm, leaving someone in the returns queue to enjoy watching Konta and Nadal :sad:

I did get to see Bara Strycova play a terrific match to beat Lesia Tsurenko and meet up with @Coco Hero for a Pimms and a few games of Niculescu v Petkovic. But you never want to leave a friend on his own and miss out on two good matches like that.

Good news is that my eye is now 95% better and I still intend to go Monday. I may even go Saturday and try for a ground pass. Sketches to follow for those days.

#3,429 ·
Update on Wimbledon sketchbook.

I went Monday/Tuesday but before setting out I poked myself in the eye getting my bag down from the shelf.

Don't laugh you sadistic bastards, it hurt :(

I probably would have called it off but the friend I was going with had never been to Wimbledon before and was really excited to go so I blinked away the pain and set off. After an uneasy night in a tent, several hours queuing in the sun, two trips to first aid for an eye bath I called it a day around 3pm, leaving someone in the returns queue to enjoy watching Konta and Nadal :sad:

I did get to see Bara Strycova play a terrific match to beat Lesia Tsurenko and meet up with @Coco Hero for a Pimms and a few games of Niculescu v Petkovic. But you never want to leave a friend on his own and miss out on two good matches like that.

Good news is that my eye is now 95% better and I still intend to go Monday. I may even go Saturday and try for a ground pass. Sketches to follow for those days.
Ouch hope it gets better for you. :hug:

#3,430 ·

well, at least I was here for the end :tears:

Someone close the door on the way out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.