Tales from the Locker Room - Episode 33, Christmas Special starring nearly everyone!! - Page 67 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who do you want to appear next in Tales from the Locker Room (maximum 4 players)?

Klara Zakopalova 14 14.43%
Dominika Cibulkova 47 48.45%
Ekaterina Makarova 9 9.28%
Angelique Kerber 33 34.02%
Julia Goerges 44 45.36%
Daniela Hantuchova 42 43.30%
Sabine Lisicki 51 52.58%
Kirsten Flipkens 14 14.43%
Sorana Cirstea 26 26.80%
Nadia Petrova 31 31.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 18th, 2014, 11:46 PM   #991
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - Episode 19, Asderaki Lays Down the Law!

that was a very funny one

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2014, 07:32 AM   #992
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

If there's a Mutley then it's surely Sam Sumyk.

When I cast Vika in the role of villain, she was being widely vilified in the media and had been booed onto court in a grand slam final. Frankly it had gotten more than a little over the top. The original Vik Dastardly episode was lampooning the media portrayal of Vika rather than sending up Vika herself. More recent episodes have been a bit of both.

I think that's why her fanbase haven't come after me with torches and pitchforks yet.

Casting another player as her partner in crime wouldn't really work. Nearly all of Vika's dastardly shenanigans take place on court. There is simply no role for another player as her sidekick.

bobito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 04:48 PM   #993
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Chrissie & John's part killed me

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 04:53 PM   #994
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post

When I cast Vika in the role of villain, she was being widely vilified in the media and had been booed onto court in a grand slam final. Frankly it had gotten more than a little over the top. The original Vik Dastardly episode was lampooning the media portrayal of Vika rather than sending up Vika herself. More recent episodes have been a bit of both.

I think that's why her fanbase haven't come after me with torches and pitchforks yet.

Casting another player as her partner in crime wouldn't really work. Nearly all of Vika's dastardly shenanigans take place on court. There is simply no role for another player as her sidekick.
They're to busy laughing Brilliant again
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 11:26 PM   #995
country flag QuitYerWhining

QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of

Quote:
I must say I enjoyed doing the tantrum. I thought it would be straight forward, having done the "Smash Your Racquet Like A Pro" guide last year but it turns out that Vika's racquet smashing technique is very unconventional and really rather poor. Feet together, no forward weight transfer, bending at the back and bashing away at the ground with a semi-western forehand grip. It's no wonder she gets so many injuries.
Her style is unorthodox but it works rather well. She can smash rackets on any surface--she has serious career grand "slam" potential. And she has lot of variety--you never know when she is going to just silently go about her business or add a tantrum to really mix things up and keep her opponent guessing. Sometimes it's the details that can really give a player the upper hand over her opponent.

Threatening to switch to Babolat is a perfect example of Vika's ability to play mind games. First of all, she throws her opponent completely off-guard with her sudden willingness to speak well for a rival company. Secondly, she shows that she's willing to put her tennis aspirations ahead of her marketing potential. This is a great tactic for gaining a psychological advantage and a prime example of what it can take to become a mentally strong professional.

I think Vika's tantrums are one of the most underrated nuances of her game.

Seven faves. Zero slams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayRulz View Post
When will your fave's uterus?
QuitYerWhining is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 01:54 AM   #996
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Vik Dastardly and Mutley. I like it. I'm going to have to consider cantidates
Mutley? : Wasn't that the cartoon dog with the hilarious mischievous laugh
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 06:09 AM   #997
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's really funny how you get her oncourt behaviour precisly. The pitchforks stay for the moment

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 08:52 AM   #998
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Vika View Post
It's really funny how you get her oncourt behaviour precisly. The pitchforks stay for the moment
Back when I did that first Vika episode I had a backup plan in the event that her fans did take umbrage. My avatar at the time was a chimpanzee. I was going to post a cartoon showing a chimp wearing jeans and a sweater and carrying a sketch pad and pencil, running for his life pursued by an angry mob, brandishing the aforementioned torches and pitchforks and carrying placards that read "VIKA'S NO CHEATER" and "THE CHIMP'S A CHUMP".

But you were all such great sports that I never got to do it.

Old Feb 20th, 2014, 08:59 AM   #999
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Angie would be a perfect Mutley, but maybe too perfect. Vika and her fans have pretty thick skins, but I think Angie's feelings would be more easily hurt. I would feel sorry for her.

Maybe you should ask Max if he'd mind you borrowing his Wicky as Vika's sidekick
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 09:28 AM   #1000
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Angie would be a perfect Mutley, but maybe too perfect. Vika and her fans have pretty thick skins, but I think Angie's feelings would be more easily hurt. I would feel sorry for her.

Maybe you should ask Max if he'd mind you borrowing his Wicky as Vika's sidekick
I cannot confirm or deny whether Wicky will or will not be appearing in TftLR or indeed whether she will or will not be behaving badly should she make such an appearance [/DOUBLESPEAK]

Old Feb 20th, 2014, 09:33 AM   #1001
country flag Skinz
Veni, vidi, vici.

Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute

Aha vika sounds like me when I'm having a bad sporting day :P
Skinz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 09:34 AM   #1002
country flag @nathanj594

@nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute

Where's Venus?
@nathanj594 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 10:18 AM   #1003
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj594 View Post
Where's Venus?
She's definitely top of my list of players that need to be included but I don't have a script ready yet. I could probably shoehorn her into a cartoon in a supporting role but it wouldn't be right. When, not if, when, Venus appears she'll be the star. That much I can promise.

Old Feb 20th, 2014, 10:19 AM   #1004
country flag @nathanj594

@nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She's definitely top of my list of players that need to be included but I don't have a script ready yet. I could probably shoehorn her into a cartoon in a supporting role but it wouldn't be right. When, not if, when, Venus appears she'll be the star. That much I can promise.
Thank you
@nathanj594 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 05:26 PM   #1005
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

Perhaps I did this cartoon all wrong. Maybe it's Serena who needs to hire this guy to hypnotize her into believing Cornet is Sharapova