Tales from the Locker Room - Episode 31, The Ballad of Caro & Vika - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who do you want to appear next in Tales from the Locker Room (maximum 4 players)?

Klara Zakopalova 14 14.43%
Dominika Cibulkova 47 48.45%
Ekaterina Makarova 9 9.28%
Angelique Kerber 33 34.02%
Julia Goerges 44 45.36%
Daniela Hantuchova 42 43.30%
Sabine Lisicki 51 52.58%
Kirsten Flipkens 14 14.43%
Sorana Cirstea 26 26.80%
Nadia Petrova 31 31.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 15th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #166
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - #4 added

Isn't Kiri in the Adidas and Stosur?
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #167
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepher View Post
Who are the two blondes

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Isn't Kiri in the Adidas and Stosur?
Had Stosur been in the cartoon she'd have been one of those covered in dirt.

Last edited by bobito : May 15th, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
bobito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #168
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Well now I feel stupid.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #169
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
I do like Tomas yes, but I doubt he'd create any interesting storyline for these comics .
He would.

Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #170
country flag bulava

bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of

What I draw (Design) is completely different to your work, demands left/right brain co-ordination. However, it's very stressful and lot of strain on eyes too. Fortunately no eye sight until now but a few grey hairs

What about you, bob?
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #171
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulava View Post
What I draw (Design) is completely different to your work, demands left/right brain co-ordination. However, it's very stressful and lot of strain on eyes too. Fortunately no eye sight until now but a few grey hairs

What about you, bob?
Well I don't do this for a living so there's no deadline or pressure.

It's also probably a less precise and taxing form of drawing than design and perhaps more fun to do (I'm guessing, never having been a designer). When you are first working on a charicature, you are trying to find how far you can go without them looking grotesque. Of course some cartoonists are aiming to be grotesque (the great Gerald Scarfe) in which case they no doubt are trying to find out how far they can go and the drawing still be recognizable. Either way you are experimenting on somebody's face to see what you can get away with. It's fun.
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #172
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of

great stuff! think you absolutely nailed alize, vika not so sure.
doujyr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #173
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
Any ATP player who features in one of these is going to be mercilessly lampooned. You probably don't want it to be your fave. Tipsarevic fans should probably avoid this thread around mid to late August.
Tipsarevic fans couldn´t be happier. Now that 1st round prize money increase is in place he makes so much more money. Madrid, Monte Carlo, Indian Wells, Dubai, Marseille, Montpellier. Keep them 1st round cheques coming.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #174
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Had Stosur been in the cartoon she'd have been one of those covered in dirt.

Why? She's won a Slam on hardcourts and beats the crap out of the ball, it's not like she dives into the clay in order to get the ball back like the dirtballers

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #175
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Why? She's won a Slam on hardcourts and beats the crap out of the ball, it's not like she dives into the clay in order to get the ball back like the dirtballers
I'm not saying she's an out and out dirt baller by any means, which is why she doesn't feature in the cartoon. But if diving into the clay to get a ball back were required of her, it wouldn't bother Sam to do so. The four girls in the comic are either dirtballers (Carla and Robby) or tennis fashionistas (Kiri and Lena V). If you had a scale with dirt ballers at one end and tennis fashionistas at the other then I suspect Sam would put herself somewhere around here:

Dirtballers------------Stosur-------------------------------------------------------------tennis fashionistas
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:22 AM   #176
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

When do we see players diving into clay?
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #177
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalil Sherman View Post
When do we see players diving into clay?
Schiavone after she won the French Open.

You're right of course. The best dirtballers may have dirty shoes and socks but they hit the deck less often than the players who don't move well on the surface. A player who can't slide well on clay is far more likely to fall arse over tit than one who can.
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #178
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #179
country flag bulava

bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well I don't do this for a living so there's no deadline or pressure.

It's also probably a less precise and taxing form of drawing than design and perhaps more fun to do (I'm guessing, never having been a designer). When you are first working on a charicature, you are trying to find how far you can go without them looking grotesque. Of course some cartoonists are aiming to be grotesque (the great Gerald Scarfe) in which case they no doubt are trying to find out how far they can go and the drawing still be recognizable. Either way you are experimenting on somebody's face to see what you can get away with. It's fun.
It's one of those skills which I started showing interest since my engineering 1st year in 1990. Once moved to the US, I made a lot out of it and continue to do so (IP/patents); those days it was R&D job for a largest company. Now, more like a principal designer but not for living. I'll pursue design skills for another 10-15 years out of passion. It's so much fun to do.

I tried Pottery few times for a change (wanted to do it; Star Trek influence). I love creating objects out of nothing. I had so much fun with my pals whenever I used to visit India. We felt like going back to kid age; played with mud, paints and so on. Some of my US and Europe pals enjoyed a lot I wish to try my hands in the art of Ice Sculpting as fell in love when I visited Scandinavia. Unfortunately, not feasible in tropical countries! Perhaps it's destined to happen in future, with my better half...
Old May 19th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #180
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

Re: Tales from the Locker Room - vote a player into the comic!

I'm currently busy drawing Episode 5 (should be out just before Roland Garros starts) but I've already written Episode 6. The thing is, there are four parts in #6 that I haven't cast a player into yet and I don't know who to choose. They are all small speaking parts but it doesn't really matter all that much which players they are. So I've added a poll and I'm letting people decide. Choose 4 from the 10 in the poll. I promise to honour the result.

Don't worry if your fave isn't in the poll. That mighht just mean that I already have plans to put her in another episode.