Who has a better forehand, Halep or Kerber? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who has the better FH?

Halep 43 50.59%
Kerber 42 49.41%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 20th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #1
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Who has a better forehand, Halep or Kerber?

Having a disagreement with a fellow poster.

This isn't most powerful or most consistent, just who has the overall better/most effective FH? If you were to create a player and had to choose between these two FHs, which would you choose?
Advertisement

Old Nov 20th, 2014, 06:08 PM   #2
country flag Jack93

Jack93 is a name known to all Jack93 is a name known to all Jack93 is a name known to all Jack93 is a name known to all Jack93 is a name known to all Jack93 is a name known to all Jack93 is a name known to all Jack93 is a name known to all Jack93 is a name known to all Jack93 is a name known to all Jack93 is a name known to all
Re: Who has a better forehand, Halep or Kerber?

I think Kerber has the better FH: it's flatter and her down the line or inside out FH are more effective in my opinion
Jack93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 06:11 PM   #3
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Halep, Kerber can make a few passing shots and dtl forehands but that's about it.

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #4
country flag Kuzzy24

Kuzzy24 has a reputation beyond repute Kuzzy24 has a reputation beyond repute Kuzzy24 has a reputation beyond repute Kuzzy24 has a reputation beyond repute Kuzzy24 has a reputation beyond repute Kuzzy24 has a reputation beyond repute Kuzzy24 has a reputation beyond repute Kuzzy24 has a reputation beyond repute Kuzzy24 has a reputation beyond repute Kuzzy24 has a reputation beyond repute Kuzzy24 has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 06:21 PM   #5
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber. Halep has better backhand than forehand, though her forehand is great too. Kerber has better forehand than backhand, she feels better ease at it. Halep needs topspin to her forehand, Kerber hits it more naturally. She can trust it as a weapon to pass her opponent on the run (down the line most of the time). Halep can only trust her legs to reach out on that side. She needs more preparation to make her forehand effective.
Hugues Daniel is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 06:23 PM   #6
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

You know that the off season has peaked when you get a thread like this. It is Kerber, her fh dtl is a world class shot.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 06:23 PM   #7
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
Kerber. Halep has better backhand than forehand, though her forehand is great too. Kerber has better forehand than backhand, she feels better ease at it. Halep needs topspin to her forehand, Kerber hits it more naturally. She can trust it as a weapon to pass her opponent on the run (down the line most of the time). Halep can only trust her legs to reach out on that side. She needs more preparation to make her forehand effective.
I don't think anything about Kerber's game is "natural". Her technique is incredibly labored and awkward, leading her to push her FH most of the time. Halep has better technique, but when she is not confident, her FH lacks bite. However, I think when both at their best, Halep has the far superior FH because it is heavier and much more versatile.
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 06:35 PM   #8
country flag Renegade65

Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future Renegade65 has a brilliant future

Judge for yourselves:

Muguruza | Bencic | Giorgi | Krunic | Cornet
Li Na
Justine Henin
Renegade65 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 06:53 PM   #9
country flag MirC

MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all MirC is a name known to all

Kerber's FH is a bigger weapon when "on" especially dtl but Halep's FH is indeed more versatile, a generally better dictating shot.
Difficult to say but i would give slight edge to Halep, especially on slower courts.
MirC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #10
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirC View Post
Kerber's FH is a bigger weapon when "on" especially dtl but Halep's FH is indeed more versatile, a generally better dictating shot.
Difficult to say but i would give slight edge to Halep, especially on slower courts.
JohnMcP is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #11
country flag ~Poseidon~

~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's compareable. Kerbers FH is a winner-shot when she goes for it, Halep has a different style of play with extreme angles, where there's no need for a winner-shot like Kerbers FH-DTL, as she played her opponent out of position, when she goes for the Winner.
~Poseidon~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 07:42 PM   #12
country flag wolf79

wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future

well, i have no clue due there are no specific statistics about that. kerber might have the edge on the down the line shot, but halep is more consistent in her striking. besides: who cares? given her ranking and achievements so far simona is already the by far better player overall, isn't she?

dastarded by Darth Vika the Sith Princess of Unholy Fuckery

wolf79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 07:42 PM   #13
country flag MichaelN

MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki Kerber of course.

Caroline Wozniacki - because fuck the haters

Tippin' Easy: #1! 2014 - Sydney, Paris, Miami, Montréal, Beijing

Married to Big_Banana but Sabine Lisicki is my secret crush...
Special shout to Mr Halep.

Last edited by MichaelN : Nov 20th, 2014 at 08:12 PM.
MichaelN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 07:47 PM   #14
country flag ~Poseidon~

~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf79 View Post
well, i have no clue due there are no specific statistics about that. kerber might have the edge on the down the line shot, but halep is more consistent in her striking. besides: who cares? given her ranking and achievements so far simona is already the by far better player overall, isn't she?
The guy who opened the thread obviously.
~Poseidon~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2014, 10:46 PM   #15
country flag wolf79

wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Poseidon~ View Post
The guy who opened the thread obviously.
obviously... so we are done now as it might be considered of all being said for good?

dastarded by Darth Vika the Sith Princess of Unholy Fuckery

wolf79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote