Venus Williams to young players: "Don't make excuses." - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 10:52 PM   #1
country flag SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future
Lightbulb Venus Williams to young players: "Don't make excuses."

@BenRothenberg
Venus had strong words of advice for younger generations of players: "Don't make excuses." Said with a sternness Venus doesn't often have.

@The_Changeover
"If you didn't win the match, guess what, it's you on the court. So figure it out.” -Venus Williams’ advice to the next generation

A good image for the women's tennis
SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 10:58 PM   #2
country flag Crater718

Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Venus Williams to young players: "Don't make excuses."

Quote:
Courtney Nguyen ‏@FortyDeuceTwits 33m
Venus: Competitive fire can be learned. She learned from watching Serena. Advice to younger generation was stern: "Don't make excuses."
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 10:59 PM   #3
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT View Post
@BenRothenberg
Venus had strong words of advice for younger generations of players: "Don't make excuses." Said with a sternness Venus doesn't often have.

@The_Changeover
"If you didn't win the match, guess what, it's you on the court. So figure it out.” -Venus Williams’ advice to the next generation

Spoken like a true champion which this younger generation will never be.

Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 11:01 PM   #4
country flag Crater718

Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post

Spoken like a true champion which this younger generation will never be.

Guess we have to wait for the "next great one"...who isn't born yet
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 11:01 PM   #5
country flag hingisGOAT

hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

But she was one of the worst sore losers in the sport
In tennis history, no top player has suffered more beat-downs in big matches than Vulturepova T1 R16 2-6 1-6 AM | T1 SF0-6 0-6 LD | T1 F 3-6 1-6 MH | AO F 1-6 2-6 SW | T1 R16 1-6 1-6 SW | RG SF 1-6 1-6 AI | Wimbledon SF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 QF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 F 4-6 1-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | T1 F 1-6 4-6 VA | T1 SF 1-6 2-6 Woz | AO F 3-6 0-6 VA | T1 F 2-6 3-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | Olympics F 0-6 1-6 SW | T1 F 3-6 1-6 VA
hingisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 11:05 PM   #6
country flag jacobruiz

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingisGOAT View Post

She was, but that was years ago. Venus has really matured since then.

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 11:05 PM   #7
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Still shooting shit ? I thought you had grown up by now

Go on Miss Vee
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 11:06 PM   #8
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crater718 View Post
Guess we have to wait for the "next great one"...who isn't born yet
Hey Crater,

I think you're right, cause it ain't this new generation

My mind went back to when Venus and Serena took down Stefi Graf, Seles, and other top players in the draw to set up their first Williams final in Miami. They were about the same age as Sloane and these other young players, and they managed to take them down. But this younger generation can't seem to win when it matters.

Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 11:08 PM   #9
country flag Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001 View Post

Go on Miss Vee
Infiniti please don't make me laugh. Girl I just got a visual and started cracking up

Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 12:04 AM   #10
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001 View Post

Go on Miss Vee
Have you not seen his username? Pretty safe to say someone who calls themself that will never do anything but shoot shit
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 12:06 AM   #11
country flag Chaesaw

Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of Chaesaw has much to be proud of

CC: Scone
Chaesaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 12:09 AM   #12
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaesaw View Post
CC: Scone
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 12:10 AM   #13
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
maybe she's speaking from experience?
and can hingis fans please refrain from calling any player a sore loser. i don't recall venus ever crying her way out of a stadium after getting her ass handed to her in a final.
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 12:13 AM   #14
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No she wasn't. You might look to your user name.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 12:16 AM   #15
country flag leftbrian

leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT View Post
@BenRothenberg

@The_Changeover

Say it like it is. Da boss.
leftbrian is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote