» Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread » - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #616
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: » Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread » Love you Marco ♥ Forever BVB ♥

Damn, Magic lost by 3 goals. They played awfully. In particular, the feeders Langman, Khao Watts, Halpenny were very hesitant and timid with passes into Irene Van Dyk, even when she had space marked or was free, and that cost them. Ultimately, in a situation like that, you think you are being safer by being patient and passing somewhere else instead of going straight for the shooting circle but it actually is less safe. Passing into the circle to let Irene contest for the high ball feels dodgy when you let it go, but it's actually the safest bet and it's also demoralising for the defenders when you get that direct flow to the shooters. The end result was that the Magic shot at a higher percentage than the Firebirds but didn't get enough shots at goal.

The Magic have a really high peak level- probably the highest of any team in the competition, but they made the same mistakes they made earlier in the season. The biggest one is when their feeders- Watts, Langman, Halpenny- lose confidence in the pass to Irene under the hoop. Irene's free for a second, you have to pass it that instant because if you hesitate the defender closes the gap. You have to commit to any pass you make. It's like going for a first serve or a smash. You have to commit. Admittedly the Aussie teams do a good job of "confusing the space" but once you get a few good passes in and Irene wins the ball then the confusion disappears for the feeders, they learn to see the space again.

I guess it's a product of being a team full of Silver Ferns with just a few weak links. If they manage to cover those weak links they are practically like the national team and therefore unstoppable at league level. But those links can break down. The one I always struggle to fathom is why Langman, who is vice-captain of the Ferns and has played with Irene for many years, is still vulnerable to losing faith in Irene's ability to beat a defender in the air. It's either that or she sometimes doesn't see when Irene is free, or she loses faith in the accuracy of her pass over distance. I saw a lot of times Irene was available in the back but Laura only looked down at the front for the pass to Halpenny, which clearly feels "safe" but results in Halpenny taking a longer lower percentage shot. They were too scared of Geitz.

When you get the ball you look to Irene first and see if she's available. Anytime Irene is one on one with a defender, even if it's Geitz who is good, you let it go reasonably accurately and she'll win the ball. At this level you have to establish that connection with Irene or you won't beat those tough Aussie teams. Even if you might lose a ball or two early in the game, once the link is established your centre pass will become strong and the momentum will start to go your way.

When the Ferns come together that weak link disappears, Maria Tutaia helps the pass come into Irene a lot, plus she's a great distance shooter which complements Irene's domination of the post.

Combined with Marina losing to Robson after being 6-1 5-3 up and the last couple of days haven't been very good for the kiwis.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2013, 09:52 PM   #617
country flag deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Ahmed, is Sabine your new fave?
deliverance. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 09:58 PM   #618
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0barthel. View Post
Congrats, Karol!

Sabine was outstanding today! I hope she can keep it up against Kaia tomorrow.
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 10:37 PM   #619
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I really don't know why the hell Sabine isn't in my sig since I've always adored her and rooted for her many times. I think she was in my sig before but forgot to put her back. Even my mum noticed my big support for Bine. Her first question to me today after she came back from her work was "What did your 2nd fav girl do today?". She doesn't know my other favs but knows Mona is my n.1. She was really surprised Bine won against Serena and said to me at first "I don't believe you!". I showed her this interview. 2 days ago she said to me Bine is such a beauty and extremely sweet so I understand why you root for her.

This was such a cute moment.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Pavly Halep
Slava Shvedova Belinda Bencic Genie Bouchard Garbine Muguruza Annika Beck
Bojana Jovanovski Ons Jabeur Sabine Lisicki Petra Martic Aravane Razai Stefanie Voegele
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 10:44 PM   #620
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Combined with Marina losing to Robson after being 6-1 5-3 up and the last couple of days haven't been very good for the kiwis.
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 10:57 PM   #621
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope Sabine's amazing run inspires Mona.

Bojana Jovanovski Ons Jabeur Sabine Lisicki Petra Martic Aravane Razai Stefanie Voegele
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 11:14 PM   #622

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

I hope it too, Heiko, but at the same time I'm so frightened about her match against Kaia It's tough for me too, because I love Kanepi.

Ahmed Nice feeling to see Bine in your sig Such a sweetheart. Love all her reactions and how she is motivated in matches. All this "komm jetzt" and smiling really adoring me And this GIF is so touching I almost cried with her when I watched it.

Your mum is epic

Oh, I see Kaia in your sig too Not so many empty places there now
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 11:18 PM   #623
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

We saw all this when she knocked out Poova last time and she lost the next match. Its like she is drained after one match. I think Kaia still has plenty left and can make the semi
Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 11:21 PM   #624

and this expression...
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 11:37 PM   #625
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

I fixed my BFF (my laptop).

Last edited by Setsuna. : Jul 1st, 2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 11:42 PM   #626
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Quote:
I hope it too, Heiko, but at the same time I'm so frightened about her match against Kaia It's tough for me too, because I love Kanepi.

Ahmed Nice feeling to see Bine in your sig Such a sweetheart. Love all her reactions and how she is motivated in matches. All this "komm jetzt" and smiling really adoring me And this GIF is so touching I almost cried with her when I watched it.

Your mum is epic
Kaia is amazing. Her FH is. Mona with that FH would be n.1. But I think Sabine has a much better chance to win it all than her. I like them both so hopefully the winner wins it all.

Quote:
Oh, I see Kaia in your sig too Not so many empty places there now

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:33 PM   #627
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

I'm rooting for Sabine to win Wimbledon now, even though her beating Slava last year started the slump

Supporter of the 2 best smiles on tour
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:58 PM   #628

Bine, Aga, Flipper... lovely Wimbledon for me where is Mona?
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:17 PM   #629
Setsuna.
GOATlychenkova.

Last year after Stuttgart, I told my brother about Mona and her talent. Told him she will be in the top 10 in the furture and may win a slam. Since that time he always pisses me off when she loses especially in GSs and when I watch Sloane. He always compares her to Mona and says something like "she is much better than Mona. That's the real talent", "Sloane is the real deal and already much better than Barthel. Why you can't just deal with it?", "Where is Barthel in RG/wimbledon/AO? I don't see her. Did she lose in R1 again?" ,"Where is all that talent you keep talking about, huh?". He does that only to troll me.

But I still keep telling him Mona will be a superstar and you will see. I will never fucking give up.
Mona will prove me right in the end. #DelusionalFanboy.

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:23 PM   #630
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Bine, Aga, Flipper... lovely Wimbledon for me where is Mona?
She is probably at home sewing a new dress for Bad Gastein.