» Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread » - Page 41 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #601
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: » Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread » Love you Marco ♥ Forever BVB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna. View Post
She is very promising. Germany has the most talented players on the tour by far now.
Yes, she is. Unfortunately she was very nervous against Date-Krumm and couldn't cope with her exceptional game style and got completely outplayed. But it was a good learning experience and having won the qualis is still a great success for her.

Antonia Lottner is also a very interesting talent. She has a nice all-around game and i am pretty sure that she will become a very good grass court player.
Advertisement

Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #602
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

I love how Mona Barthel is playing. She's amazing with so much talent. She is so smooth she hits the ball likes she's going through butter. I always love to watch her when she's on fire. She has one of the fastest backhands down the line I've seen in my life. She came up when I was injured, and I don't know her as well but we practiced here together.
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #603
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Congrats, Ahmed! Novak played brilliantly today. He lost only 6 points on his own serve.
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #604
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Congrats, Ahmed! Novak played brilliantly today. He lost only 6 points on his own serve.
Chardy isn't a real test though. I only watched the 1st set. Haas next.
Tommy is the better player on grass so I won't be surprised if he wins. Nole will need his best tennis for sure.

If Tommy wins, I would love to see him win wimbly.
I love how Mona Barthel is playing. She's amazing with so much talent. She is so smooth she hits the ball likes she's going through butter. I always love to watch her when she's on fire. She has one of the fastest backhands down the line I've seen in my life. She came up when I was injured, and I don't know her as well but we practiced here together.
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #605
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Chardy isn't a real test though. I only watched the 1st set. Haas next.
Tommy is the better player on grass so I won't be surprised if he wins. Nole will need his best tennis for sure.

If Tommy wins, I would love to see him win wimbly.
I expect Nole to win in 4 against Tommy. The most dangerous opponent for him is Tomic IMO, who he can possibly meet in QF. I have seen Nole twice playing against him and it looked like as if he has some problems with his special style of play.
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #606
deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Congrats. Are you planning to travel somewhere?
Unfortunately no, maybe next year
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #607
deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Quote:
She is very promising. Germany has the most talented players on the tour by far now.
Croatia has some talents too.
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #608
deliverance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Yes, she is. Unfortunately she was very nervous against Date-Krumm and couldn't cope with her exceptional game style and got completely outplayed. But it was a good learning experience and having won the qualis is still a great success for her.

Antonia Lottner is also a very interesting talent. She has a nice all-around game and i am pretty sure that she will become a very good grass court player.
Can you tell me something more about her game?
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #609
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Following on from an earlier post some weeks ago about netball, here in NZ (and Australia) the ANZ netball season has reached the semifinals stage. I've mentioned before that after a stage where I had to learn about the game, I find this sport very watchable.

There is one NZ team in the semis, the defending ANZ champions the Waikato/BOP Magic. They are the only NZ team to win this competition. The Magic are also the only team from either country to reach the semifinals every year of the competition since the joint Aus/NZ competition began in 2008 (before that NZ and Aus had separate leagues).

The second strongest NZ side in most years, the Northern Mystics, suffered many injuries, players becoming pregnant, retiring etc and finished near the bottom of the table. In their final game of the season one of their shooters, Bailey Mes who apparently has the highest jump and fastest sprint in the team, ruptured her ACL (injury looked really bad) and is out for the year. A real shame for her because she was starting to make herself a part of the national Silver Ferns squad.

There are three Australian teams in the semis, the Adelaide Thunderbirds, the Melbourne Vixens, the Queensland Firebirds.

The Adelaide and Melbourne teams finished 1st and 2nd and will play a Major semifinal. Winner waits for the finalist to qualify. The loser of the major semi plays the winner of the minor semi, between the Magic and the Firebirds.

This is exactly the same position that the Magic were in last year- halfway through the season they found themselves in a "backs to the wall" or "must win" position. A single loss means the end of their season. Last year they responded to that and won many games in a row to take the title. This year they are lifting at the end of the season too, winning their last 5 games to unexpectedly end up 3rd in the regular season competition, just like last year. The Magic coach Noeline Taurua is also retiring this year after coaching the Magic for 11 years.

Both semis are being played today (Sunday), major semi at 2pm, minor at 7pm NZ time (GMT+12). I'm hoping the Magic can become the first team to defend the title and the first team to win the ANZ Championship twice. They seem to play best with their backs to the wall.

The Magic are traditionally the strongest NZ team, over half their team is in the national NZ team the Silver Ferns.

In their must win semi against the Queensland Firebirds they will have to shut down 6 ft 5 (1.96m) Jamaican import shooter Romelda Aiken- however since the defensive circle for the Magic is basically the Silver Ferns defensive circle, it is possible- the Magic beat the Firebirds a few weeks ago by 3 goals in extra time.

Minor semi preview- Waikato/Bay of Plenty Magic vs Queensland Firebirds

Major semi preview- Adelaide Thunderbirds vs Melbourne Vixens

Australian commentators (Kathryn is an ex Australian captain) talking about the semifinals

Rnd 14 highlights

Last edited by HowardH : Jun 29th, 2013 at 10:15 PM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #610
Setsuna.

http://m.gq-magazin.de/leben-als-man...eg-kann-warten
Interview with Hummels. Is he bashing Gotze here?
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #611
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0barthel. View Post
Can you tell me something more about her game?
She is quite a good ball striker on both wings and is technically very gifted. She has a good serve and does really well at the net, which makes her a good doubles player. I would characterize her as a very intuitive player with a lot of surprising elements in her game. So it's likely that she will become a bit unpredictable with regard to her performances, especially at the beginning of her career. She will surely need some time to get her game together, as she is not a one-dimensional ball striker. Additionally she seems to be a strong-nerved player.

Here is a short video of Antonia. She is the player who is on serve.

Thanks to 62Yukon

Last edited by Tecumseh : Jun 29th, 2013 at 10:46 PM.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #612
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Del Potro is the last of my troopers .

After a good start the injury bug hit some, Paire decided to clown, & i didn't know how Kei lost.

I just hope that anyone but Murray wins, even if it's Ferrer
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #613
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:

http://m.gq-magazin.de/leben-als-man...eg-kann-warten
Interview with Hummels. Is he bashing Gotze here?
The interview behind the link is not the one that was conducted by SPORT-BILD and he doesn't say anything about Goetze there.

He told SPORT-BILD recently that he can't understand Goetze's decision to go to Bayern, for he can't see any sporting reasons for such a move. He also said that he was very annoyed by Mario's choice and that he communicated his thoughts concerning this matter to Goetze in a personal conversation.
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #614
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Murray will have to be knighted if he wins
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #615
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone watching Tour de France
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote