Indian Wells and Miami 2014 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 10:29 PM   #1
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Indian Wells and Miami 2014

Indian Wells R1

Mona Barthel (GER) v Francesca Schiavone (ITA)

Schiavone is 0-7 in 2014.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 10:37 PM   #2
country flag ~Poseidon~

~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future
Re: Indian Wells and Miami 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
[/b]

Schiavone is 0-7 in 2014.
Yes, but most of the time with unlucky draws.

Jankovic, Safarova, Cibulkova, Pavlyuchenkova, Rybarikova, Dominguez-Lino and Zachlavova-Strychova.
~Poseidon~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #3
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Can´t say that Schiavone is a bad draw these days, hope she can get a win here, good luck!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 03:59 AM   #4
country flag yoite

yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice
Although Schi has never won a match this year, I still think it is not a good draw for Mona

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
yoite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 12:42 PM   #5
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Two struggling players. Fran has lost her last 9 matches. Mona has lost her last 3.

In all honesty, it's a great draw given Fran's form. But I think Fran probably considers it a good draw for herself too. Giving Fran her first win of the year would not be good for Mona's confidence. On the other hand, if Fran gets a win, I think she could begin to turn her season around.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 03:22 PM   #6
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Good that Mona's match with Schi' is streamed today. ESPN3 here in the States will have the "live" action in HD. Hope Mona prevails.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 07:52 PM   #7
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoite View Post
Although Schi has never won a match this year, I still think it is not a good draw for Mona

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I agree. Mona doesn't like to play against tricky and feisty players like Schiavone. Francesca's bad record this year doesn't matter. It's going to be a tough match.
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 02:10 AM   #8
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Desperate
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 06:37 AM   #9
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Desperate
Why ?

I think Mona`s attitude on court was much better than lately and that gives some hope.
Schiavone was the more experienced player and played some great tennis esspecially in the third set. So imo the loss is bitter but not devastating.
A new coach can`t change the issues that Mona has in the blink of an eye.
It will depend on her will, patience and her ability to cooperate and then we`ll see where she goes from here.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 06:41 AM   #10
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Why ?

I think Mona`s attitude on court was much better than lately and that gives some hope.
Schiavone was the more experienced player and played some great tennis esspecially in the third set. So imo the loss is bitter but not devastating.
It will depend on her will, patience and her ability to cooperate and then we`ll see where she goes from here.
I didn't watch the match. But it was the first Schiavone's win for a few months -)
Ok. I also will try to be optimistic
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 10:18 AM   #11
country flag Grininel

Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all

I watched the 1st set and the last couple of games. I was reduced to relief to see her smile at overjoyed Fran despite the apocalyptic loss. Now that all the critical points have come off, she can spare several relaxing months to dissect, rebuild and tune up her game with a coach before the USO season or earlier.

Quote:
Right. Judging from the matches I've seen this year, she's positively maturing.

Last edited by Grininel : Mar 7th, 2014 at 10:24 AM.
Grininel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #12
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Corrected.

Still, I do agree that her attitude didn't seem bad. The only thing that made me wonder is the coaching after the 1st set, her expression made me think she wasn't fully focused. This also wasn't the best she's played this season. But wow, when she's on her strokes are
"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books - a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects." - Albert Einstein
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 01:38 PM   #13
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

A shame that she couldn´t win it, I couldn´t watch it so I can´t say much but her serve was not really effective once again it seems.
1st set was good, 80% won over 1st serve but after that she got broken too many times, no chance anymore!
But hope that she keeps working with her coach and that we will see some improvement soon!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 11:52 PM   #14
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Miami

Mona Barthel (GER) v (wc)Rebecca Peterson (SWE)
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #15
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of

Peterson seems to be a promising young player. She won five ITFs in 2013, so i wouldn't bet my money on Mona.

But nonetheless i hope Mona will at least win a match again in Miami.