CNN: Israel Air Strikes in Syria; Suspecting Transfer of Weapons to Terrorist Groups - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 7th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #16
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CNN: Israel Air Strikes in Syria; Suspecting Transfer of Weapons to Terrorist Gro

There will never be a solution or resolution in this region. Never ever. Some people will blame X, others Y and others Z. It will be the cause of the next World War.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2013, 05:50 AM   #17
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CNN: Israel Air Strikes in Syria; Suspecting Transfer of Weapons to Terrorist Gro

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
I don't think Assad wants a two-front war with the revolutionaries at his back and the best military in the region at his front.

My guess is it's more likely Hezbollah will retaliate, either with rocket attacks or a terrorist action. Hopefully, Israel will not escalate its response, assuming the rocket attacks are as ineffective as they usually are.

Of course, if Hezbollah pulls off a major terrorist attack or a rocket attack causes major casualties, then things get bad in a hurry.

As far as the great powers, I don't think they're really in a rush to get involved, although they will probably do some saber rattling. The US is still licking its wounds and winding down its campaign in Afghanistan and can't really afford another war right now. Russia's incursion into Georgia, while successful (at least in the short run) revealed some serious shortcomings in its training, logistics and equipment. The Chinese, I think, have figured out that financing wars is far more profitable than actually fighting them.

More worrisome, I think, is if the Iranians decide to get involved, and the US and the Russians have a chance to go back to their favorite '70s game, regional wars fought by client states. A divided Syria being squabbled over by Israel and Iran (perhaps with the unfortunate Iraqis dragged into the mess) could get ugly.

Just my read on the situation.
This. Until the games go too far and there is a nuclear World War.

I know most people like to blame America for many thing (trendy naivety), but Russia has so much to answer for (look at Afghanistan! which many are happy to overlook in their desire to blame America). I do not understand why they support such countries. Those countries would happily turn on Russia in the future. With nuclear weapons.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #18
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

I really do wonder sometimes if it wouldn't be better to have another Iron Curtain - an Eastern Curtain. Sod the oil, we would have to learn how to survive, but we wouldn't get sucked into these situations and it might force these countries to sort themselves out.
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #19
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula View Post
There will never be a solution or resolution in this region. Never ever. Some people will blame X, others Y and others Z. It will be the cause of the next World War.
Once ( and if ) the fossil fuels become less relevant for maintaining the current standards of living for some countries, no one will really care.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #20
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

There's too much money involved in oil for OPEC to allow themselves to fumble the ball. Plus all what's required is keeping the pulse on the Western countries and USA. Nobody already cares for most of the poor countries if they don't have gold & copper resources at the very least.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote