What influence do you think USA has on the cultural fronts of the rest of the world? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #31
country flag Ashi

Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What influence do you think USA has on the cultural fronts of the rest of the wor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
I'd still have the USA over India honestly, I mean at least the movies are more or less respectable
Lol as an insult that is really weak.

We indians are pretty proud of our movies. And IMO we are the only ones who get it.

''O eco-friendly, Nature ke rakshak, Main bhi hoon nature!. Rivaazon se, Samaajhon se, kyon, Tu kaate mujhe, Kyun baante mujhse iss tarah. Kyun sach ka sabak sikhaaye, Jab sach sunn bhi na paaye. Sach koi bole toh tu, niyam kanoon bataaye. Tera darr, tera pyaar, teri waah, tu hi rakh!!! ''~~~ Irshad Kamil
Dinara Safina & Sania Mirza
Ashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #32
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What influence do you think USA has on the cultural fronts of the rest of the wor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
did you even complete your high school? get some degree and then we'll speak.....
I was actually (and clearly) talking about boors from the south of the USA that didn't like Europe

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #33
country flag bulava

bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of

Don't tell me you meant Texas
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #34
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
USA bashing thread turns to SDG bashing thread
Hey, don't start none, won't be none.

"Oh it's Tommy this and Tommy that and chuck him out, the brute.
But it's savior of his country when the guns begin to shoot."
Rudyard Kipling
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #35
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulava View Post
Don't tell me you meant Texas
OMG I'm not talking about a state, I'm talking about the people in the USA that hate Europe and don't even know where it is in a world map

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #36
country flag bulava

bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of

Yeah, I get that. I've seem in real world a 'pattern' in some US states where some talk lowly about southern US states such as TX. Same case in India too.
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #37
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Overall I'd say the influence is overwhelmingly positive. Sure, there's a lot of bad mixed in with the good, but given the fact that every dominant power the world has ever known has pursued its own interests with almost total disregard for both its own people and that of the other regions it has raped and plundered, I'd say the US has more good mixed in with the bad than anybody has any real right to expect.

Bit surprised to read posts claiming that Americans hate Europeans. In my experience Europeans feel more contempt for the US than the other way around. Most Europeans see themselves as culturally superior to Americans. I can see where they're coming from, but think they are missing the point. The majority of Europe's contributions to world culture lie in the past, so even though it's a good thing to know your classics, its nothing to be smug about really. For all its flaws, American culture (big and small C) is alive and kicking.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #38
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
soon the gun culture will spread as well if its impact on other countries is ignored......mumbai has already witnessed several cases of citizens possessing arms illegally......
The tide is turning. Even the artist formely known as Snoop Dogg is anti guns now

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #39
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
soon the gun culture will spread as well if its impact on other countries is ignored......mumbai has already witnessed several cases of citizens possessing arms illegally......

and i am not sure that their movies are anything special to be honest......had the world spoke japanese, there would be japanese movies with actors from all over the globe and those movies would trash the hollywood stuff to pieces......

any dipshit would dare to make high budget movies with advanced technology if they have a world wide market......nolan, cameroon, spielberg and whoever others, they are nothing compared to legends like kurasawa, leone who had very little budgets to play with......
Do you even believe what you are saying?

You seem to one an never ending quest to find a country or non-American individual who can best the best the USA has to offer.
This is becoming tedious and excruciating, you sound like an elementary school boy telling in a school yard his friends that his father does everything better than any of their parents and relatives.

From the time you posted the thread, everyone familiar with your posting history knew that you will post this nonsense, and you did not disappoint.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #40
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was actually (and clearly) talking about boors from the south of the USA that didn't like Europe
Never heard anyone from the south disliking Europe. Heard people disliking GB or France, but not Europe as a whole.

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #41
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulava View Post
Yeah, I get that. I've seem in real world a 'pattern' in some US states where some talk lowly about southern US states such as TX. Same case in India too.
Well, the south is the section of the U.S. that is the poorest and least educated. . Plus, they're the states that continue to give us Republicans like Bush.

Stromatolite has it right though, more Europeans hate America than Americans hate Europe. Even the most patriotic, flag waving conservatives don't really care about Europe. During the Iraq war there was some anti-French sentiment but that has dissipated and the majority see Europe as a good place. There's always a few that hate every other country in the world but that's such a small minority.

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #42
country flag Sammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonHart View Post
Never heard anyone from the south disliking Europe. Heard people disliking GB or France, but not Europe as a whole.
Well you mustn't talk to rednecks often then, the ones that think that Europe is a country

Old May 4th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #43
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkten View Post
Well, the south is the section of the U.S. that is the poorest and least educated. . Plus, they're the states that continue to give us Republicans like Bush.

Stromatolite has it right though, more Europeans hate America than Americans hate Europe. Even the most patriotic, flag waving conservatives don't really care about Europe. During the Iraq war there was some anti-French sentiment but that has dissipated and the majority see Europe as a good place. There's always a few that hate every other country in the world but that's such a small minority.
I agree.

FOXNEWS Bill O'Reilly has an annual boycott of France, where he usually overstates his own influence and the negative economical impact it has on the French economy.

Europeans have this complex of superiority when it comes to the US.
They have a reductionist view of the US population, or the average American.
He is largely uneducated, has never left the country, does not know any other language.
Mind you, all those thing are true in some European countries.

Also for most Europeans, when they talk about their country, it is usually about 1 or 2 biggest cities, usually the capital city.
While Americans are proud to say what small town they are from, you would be hard-pressed to find Europeans who would acknowledge they are not from the cosmopolitan area.
And this mindset tends to color their judgment about Americans.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : May 5th, 2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #44
country flag Halardfan

Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
I agree.

FOXNEWS Bill O'Reilly has an annual boycott of France, where he usually overstates his own influence and the negative economical impact it has on the French economy.

Europeans have this complex of superiority when it comes to the US.
They have a reductionist view of the US population, or the average American.
He is largely uneducated, has never left the country, does not know any other language.
Mind you, all those thing are true in some European countries.

Also for most Europeans, when they talk about their country, it is usually about 1 or 2 biggest city, usually the capital city.
While Americans are proud to say what small town they are, you would be hard-pressed to find Europeans who would they are not from the cosmopolitan area.
And this mindset tend to color their judgment about Americans.
In regards to the US, often people discard the complexity of the country, the diversity of people there. They either sign up to the notion of manifest destiny, with the US as this uniquely chosen blessed country (which I reject) or they see it as responsible for all the worlds ills, blame it when it intervenes, blame it when it doesn't intervene, blame it full stop(which I also reject)

The reality is somewhere between, a good but sometimes deeply flawed country whose qualities and faults are amplified because of its powerful position in the world.
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #45
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Well you mustn't talk to rednecks often then, the ones that think that Europe is a country
Look, there are Europeans removed from the capital or cultural centers in many European countries who are as uneducated as unsophisticated as American in the same circumstances.

You can continue to believe this myth all ALL Europeanss are more cultured, more sophisticated, more educated than Americans.
But that is not true.