WTA Madrid TV schedule putting Indian Wells and Miami to shame! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:16 PM   #16
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTA Madrid TV schedule putting Indian Wells and Miami to shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony. View Post
Don't get your hopes up. Madrid coverage for the first few rounds usually only shows Center Court womens matches. There's only one womens match on Sanchez-Vicario usually, and it isn't aired, and the women's matches on the last TV court isn't aired either.

Maybe they'll change their policy this year.
That is the whole point of this thread. It has changed. Check your schedule. TV coverage of WTA Madrid starts at 10:50am CET Sunday and goes on all day (same is true Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. It's last 16 after that which is slightly different). There is going to be a lot more matches televised this year.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:21 PM   #17
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

My ESPN3 viewing guide only has separate streams for ATP/WTA, nothing about the length of the scheduling. Nothing for separate courts either.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:31 PM   #18
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Putting the TV coverage of Indian Wells and Miami to shame is no real achievement - almost every other WTA tournament does that
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:49 PM   #19
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
12 and half hours a day seems pretty good to me. Especially compared to the farce last year here, and the 4 matches a day you get in Miami and Indian Wells. It will probably be around double the matches televised in Madrid compared to Indian Wells and Miami.
No the coverage is obviously great but the vibe of the tournament... I just don't like it. What can I say I don't like my country because there are corrupted bags of shit everywhere and the chances that every single component of the staff that runs the tournament is is about 99.9999999999999999%.

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #20
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN is even showing tennis starting on Monday for Madrid and Rome. They didn't even do that for IW and Miami until the QF, I believe.

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #21
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute
People are glossing over the fact that at least in the US people don't tune in as much to early round coverage of non major tournaments. It would be great for IW and Miami to provide something similar to Madrid and I hope they follow suit but there are way more sports to be televised around March in the US. Tennis can't monopolize 12 hours of coverage on most of the sports networks cause its just not as popular.

Just my perspective although I am NOT complaining about more tennis on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
VOTE POPCON 2014
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #22
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post
People are glossing over the fact that at least in the US people don't tune in as much to early round coverage of non major tournaments. It would be great for IW and Miami to provide something similar to Madrid and I hope they follow suit but there are way more sports to be televised around March in the US. Tennis can't monopolize 12 hours of coverage on most of the sports networks cause its just not as popular.

This shouldn't stop you selling the rights to the world feed though. If US TV doesn't want to show the early rounds then find someone who does (there will be many takers). There must be some demand anyway in US, because didn't The Tennis Channel go to Indian Wells to do their own day of broadcasting before official coverage started. Cincinnati is only a week long, but they are able to show the early rounds.
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #23
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post

but who cares about TV? TV is DEAD.
Its 2013, everybody has smartphone, tablet or whatever gadget. With 2 clicks you can put a HD stream on your 100" television any time with an app.
We just need a reliable & quality source with Day 1 coverage, hopefully tennistv can be that.
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #24
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of

no coverage today German fans in particular hard done by.
doujyr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #25
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute

Will be the streams available for tomorrow's matches?

Serena Williams - Caroline Wozniacki - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton - Ági Szávay - Alisa Kleybanova - Vera Zvonareva
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #26
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by hBence View Post
Will be the streams available for tomorrow's matches?
Yes.
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #27
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

ST is gonna show Venus/Serena/Petra/Li/Roby
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #28
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SARITA View Post
ST is gonna show Venus/Serena/Petra/Li/Roby
The fact they are showing Vinci gives me hope that we will get all WTA matches on Stadium 3 this week. That would mean 9 matches tomorrow.
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #29
country flag Standard

Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
The fact they are showing Vinci gives me hope that we will get all WTA matches on Court 3 this week. That would mean 9 matches tomorrow.
YES!
I have been eagerly waiting for these streams!
Standard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #30
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Well ATP Challenger events covers even qualifying rounds and with no commentary, so this coverage is not saying much.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote