WWW XWTA Mandatory Madrid? - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW Madrid?

XWTA King Serena 49 30.82%
Claycourt King Sharapova 42 26.42%
Undefeated in 2013 Azarenka 14 8.81%
Ex-vulture Radwanska 9 5.66%
Former RG Champion Madame Li 14 8.81%
Angie "Butcher's grand daughter" Kerber 1 0.63%
Sara "Clay MM super champion" Errani 3 1.89%
Katowice Slam Runner-up Petra Kvitova 3 1.89%
Bogota Slam Winner JJ 14 8.81%
other 10 6.29%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 4th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #136
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WWW XWTA Mandatory Madrid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
What the hell ? On clay Maria has made pretty clear to be ahead of anyone INCLUDING Serena and Vika. It's not Maria's fault if Serena and Vika are the least of her concerns on the red dirt, she did beat the best claycourters and convincingly (Na, twice : Stosur, twice : Petra, twice)
Serena and Vika need to improve to reach her in the latter rounds of those red clay events just like Maria has to improve to beat them on HC, but Maria is getting there she did beat Vika in their last meeting on HC. You don't seem to understand that Maria's biggest rivals on red clay are NOT Serena and Vika.
now you just reaching.
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #137
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't say that but she is ahead of the rest.

Anyway you got the part about Vika and Serena not being Maria's biggest threats on clay, that's all matters.
How is Serena not Maria's biggest threat on clay? She has never beaten the woman on clay and never beaten her anywhere in over 8 years. Serena is ALWAYS a threat to Maria. Maria just has to sit and hope she doesn't make it far enough to play her. Therefore, hope for her to flop. My point ALL ALONG.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #138
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
oh doomsy I appreciate flattery but seriously Petra and best claycourter?
He's obviously referring to Errani, beating her in a slam final is just so impressive!
caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #139
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
now you just reaching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
How is Serena not Maria's biggest threat on clay? She has never beaten the woman on clay and never beaten her anywhere in over 8 years. Serena is ALWAYS a threat to Maria. Maria just has to sit and hope she doesn't make it far enough to play her. Therefore, hope for her to flop. My point ALL ALONG.
Don't get me wrong. I would favor Serena over Maria on red clay just because of the matchup issue but it's very unlikely to see that matchup happen because of Serena's success on red clay and now that they're N1 and N2 they can only meet in finals, odds to see them playing each other in finals on this surface is even more slim.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #140
country flag bulava

bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of

Vika
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #141
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, she has potential on the surface and is certainly a better claycourter than Vika.
She has potential but needs miles of work, if only she had JJ's movement on clay

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #142
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post

Maria has never beaten Serena on red clay because she has never met her on red clay and it's not Masha's fault , it's just Serena and her absence of claygame on red clay.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #143
country flag bulava

bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of

Speaking of clay, are you guys happy given Blue bit the dust?
Old May 4th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #144
country flag Rest Maria!

Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not, that hue was beautiful.
Rest Maria! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #145
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulava View Post
Speaking of clay, are you guys happy given Blue bit the dust?
it looked unnatural , it was like lemonade in comparison with fresh juice . I wouldn't like it even if it had same characteristics as red clay

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #146
country flag Rest Maria!

Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
it looked unnatural , it was like lemonade in comparison with fresh juice . I wouldn't like it even if it had same characteristics as red clay
But red clay is also dyed during the manufacturing process, so whining about blue clay being unnatural is just
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #147
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallball View Post
You need to know majority of the people here sit on couches and don't do any sports (don't talk about tennis), so they have no idea what they are talking about

I´d like to know how playing icehockey or basketball would help somebody evaluate the claycourt tennis skills of Petra Kvitova.

Troll fail.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #148
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
But red clay is also dyed during the manufacturing process, so whining about blue clay being unnatural is just
it seems to me that you are wrong

Quote:
It all starts with the original, red clay. Iron oxide is extracted from the clay, producing a white clay, which is then treated with a water-based blue dye for 24 hours prior to drying. The clay then goes through a cooking process, where it is heated to a temperature between 900 to 950 degrees. The clay is then ground and sifted to an exact grain size. Two layers of blue clay are placed on the court, with the first layer being a much finer grain, which serves to set the base.

The iron oxide is removed at the start of the process to produce a white clay, simply because the original red clay cannot be directly dyed to the desired blue color.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...tir/54802964/1

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old May 4th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #149
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
I'm not, that hue was beautiful.
+1
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #150
country flag Rest Maria!

I distinctly remember that on the tournament's website they compared manufacturing processes and the red clay was also said to be dyed. They took the article down though and I may be wrong, my memory is not what it used to be. Still, I do prefer that blue color.

NID that BMS, the only in-form qualifier, would land in Aga's section.