NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Draws - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 8th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #31
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
Embree just wins, and finds various ways to do so. She will not beat herself and when it comes to dual matches, is as good as anyone at finding a way to get that point. I wouldn't want any other player in the country on the court needing a point to clinch a win.
I find it unique that Embree plays to that "NUMBER ONE" in the nation aura very well. When either Herring & Sanchez-Quintanar walked on the court against her, they've already gotten that defeatist look to them in the very first point. Afraid to go for their shots, shoulders down, always looking at the ground...
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #32
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

no, you just misinterpreted my op, that's all Why do I have to 'compare' and judge 'inferior' when assessing a certain player's result? Check my op again; "didn't have that many quality opponents" dunno what's wrong with this.

my tennis blog
my personal blog my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #33
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
I find it unique that Embree plays to that "NUMBER ONE" in the nation aura very well. When either Herring & Sanchez-Quintanar walked on the court against her, they've already gotten that defeatist look to them in the very first point. Afraid to go for their shots, shoulders down, always looking at the ground...
Huh? The only blowout Lauren dealt was against S-Q in recent match, of 4 matches she played against those two. If they were that dispirited, how did they manage to fight that well

my tennis blog

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #34
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Speaking of the "Number One" Aura, THIS is a dominant result;

No 3 sets, just clean 2 sets blowout

4/18/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #3 Robin Anderson #7 UCLA Win 6-1, 6-0
4/14/2013 Dual Match Pos. #2 Patricia Skowronski #69 University of Oregon Win 6-0, 6-0
4/6/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #50 Lacey Smyth University of Arizona Win 6-3, 7-6(3)
4/5/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #21 Jacqueline Cako #26 Arizona State University Win 6-3, 6-3
3/30/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #13 Nicole Gibbs #12 Stanford Win 6-1, 6-4
3/29/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #8 Anett Schutting #8 California Win 6-3, 6-1
3/23/2013 Dual Match Pos. #2 Ksenia Googe Washington State University Win 6-0, 6-0
3/22/2013 Dual Match Pos. #2 Grace Ysidora #46 University of Washington Win 6-3 7-5
3/16/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #87 Tereza Bekerova #59 University of Utah Win 6-3, 6-2
3/12/2013 Dual Match Pos. #2 #31 Breaunna Addison #18 University of Texas at Austin Win 7-6 (2), 6-0
3/8/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #3 Robin Anderson #7 UCLA Win 6-2, 6-1
2/20/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Julia Wais #43 San Diego State University Win 6-2, 6-0
2/10/2013 Dual Match Pos. #2 #8 Anett Schutting #8 California Win 6-4, 6-3
2/9/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #7 Gina Suarez-Malaguti #2 North Carolina Win 6-2, 6-2
2/8/2013 Dual Match Pos. #2 Li Xi #14 University of Virginia Win 6-2, 6-1
2/2/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Aishwarya Agrawal #56 Fresno State Win 6-0, 6-0
1/31/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #32 Lorraine Guillermo #53 Pepperdine Win 6-0, 6-2
1/20/2013 Freeman Memorial Final #7 Gina Suarez-Malaguti #2 North Carolina Win 6-0, 6-1
1/19/2013 Freeman Memorial Semifinals #14 Krista Hardebeck #12 Stanford Win 6-0, 6-2
1/19/2013 Freeman Memorial Quarterfinals #92 Ellen Tsay #12 Stanford Win 6-7, 6-2, 6-3
1/18/2013 Freeman Memorial Round of 16 Kate Vialle #2 North Carolina Win 6-2, 6-0
11/9/2012 USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships Quarterfinals #5 Zsofi Susanyi #8 California Loss 6-1, 4-6, 6-2

OK, it's actually Number TWO aura, but somehow this seems to be more impressive Just sayin'

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #35
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

nah you are all sorts of mistaken here, fantic. all wrong. dare I say a try hard?
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #36
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I really dunno why my op provoked such reactions

Maybe it has to do with conference strength.

Some say I over-hype Pac 12. Do I?

Elite 8 this season;

2012 WAATC (Embree)

ELBABA NIEDERMAYEROVA SCANDALIS HARDEBECK BOREN EMBREE LAO KOWASE

2012 NIIC (Anderson)

SUSANYI SANTAMARIA BOREN ANDERSON HERRING OYEN MAR SCHUTTING

Anderson didn't play WAATC. Gibbsy played neither.

I don't have to say which team won the dbls

And wow, 3 USC players

And, Boren comes to Pac 12 next season
Which team is she going to play for?

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #37
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

Your discussion might be better broken into two parts. If you are picking an individual NCAA singles champ, money would be safer on Sabrina. If the two schools meet at NCAA team, past history would say pick Lauren. Sabrina may prove to be a great team player. Lauren already earned that reputation.
3gtennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #38
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gtennis View Post
Your discussion might be better broken into two parts. If you are picking an individual NCAA singles champ, money would be safer on Sabrina. If the two schools meet at NCAA team, past history would say pick Lauren. Sabrina may prove to be a great team player. Lauren already earned that reputation.
Fair enough

Everybody knows that I nicknamed Lauren 'The Iron Maiden' I even kowtowed to her after her WAATC win!

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #39
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Everybody is saying that Krista's performance has been disappointing.

Yet, THAT Krista already scored 30+ wins this season; she has 32 9 record so far.

Aside from CSQ with 35 wins, did anybody win more than Krista?

EDIT; Herring and Kowase each won 35 wins too Maybe USC vs UGA sgls higher up could be competitive

P.S.

Damn the Bears

1 Anett Schutting 11 5 2 1 13 6 34 13
2 Klara Fabikova 5 1 7 2 3 0 1 0 16 3 35 9
3 Zsofi Susanyi 4 1 5 0 9 1 28 5
4 Lynn Chi 8 2 6 1 3 0 17 3 36 7
5 Tayler Davis 9 3 4 0 13 3 33 9

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #40
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Ema leads the pack

Ema Burgic 23 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 23 5 40 8

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #41
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

1 Julia Elbaba 11 6 6 1 17 7 33 9

1 Samantha Vickers 21 1 21 1 31 3

1 Aleksandra Josifoska 19 3 19 3 33 7

2 Lucia Batta 25 0 25 0 35 5

5 Olivia Janowicz 3 0 12 0 3 2 18 2 33 6

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : May 8th, 2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #42
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Everybody is saying that Krista's performance has been disappointing.

Yet, THAT Krista already scored 30+ wins this season; she has 32 9 record so far.

Aside from CSQ with 35 wins, did anybody win more than Krista?

EDIT; Herring and Kowase each won 35 wins too Maybe USC vs UGA sgls higher up could be competitive

P.S.

Damn the Bears

1 Anett Schutting 11 5 2 1 13 6 34 13
2 Klara Fabikova 5 1 7 2 3 0 1 0 16 3 35 9
3 Zsofi Susanyi 4 1 5 0 9 1 28 5
4 Lynn Chi 8 2 6 1 3 0 17 3 36 7
5 Tayler Davis 9 3 4 0 13 3 33 9
For me, it's not so much that Hardebeck isn't getting the wins - it's the losses. For someone who was heralded so much and hyped up, getting 9 losses, esp. at the No. 3 spot, is a bit disappointing.

She's a fine player, but definitely not the game changer that everyone was hyping her up to be as. Of course, her record is phenomenal; I think it's all about tempering expectations and hype is all.
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #43
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
For me, it's not so much that Hardebeck isn't getting the wins - it's the losses. For someone who was heralded so much and hyped up, getting 9 losses, esp. at the No. 3 spot, is a bit disappointing.

She's a fine player, but definitely not the game changer that everyone was hyping her up to be as. Of course, her record is phenomenal; I think it's all about tempering expectations and hype is all.
4 losses at No. 3

Well, she did advance to the final at Ojai

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #44
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Let's compare Embree and Sab's LOSSES this season;

11/9/2012 USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships Round of 16 #5 Zsofi Susanyi #8 California Loss 6-1, 6-1

----------------
11/9/2012 USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships Quarterfinals #5 Zsofi Susanyi #8 California Loss 6-1, 4-6, 6-2
10/21/2012 2012 USTA/ITA Division I Southwest Regional Championship Final #3 Robin Anderson #7 UCLA Loss 6-2, 6-4
10/4/2012 Riviera/ITA Women's All-American Championships (Main Draw) Round of 16 #24 Brynn Boren #31 University of Tennessee Loss 6-7(4), 6-1, 6-3

Both lost to Zsofi

How about dual undecided;

4/21/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #6 Lauren Herring #4 University of Georgia U 7-6 (1), 5-6 DNF
4/12/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #28 Nadia Ravita #48 University of Kentucky U
4/7/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #111 Georgiana Patrasc Mississippi State University U 0-6, 6-4
3/29/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Kaitlin Burns #66 Louisiana State University U Florida led 6-2, 6-5

2/24/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #13 Nicole Gibbs #12 Stanford U
2/17/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #29 Hanna Mar #15 Duke University U 1-6, 7-6

----------------

Sabs, none She usually finishes FIRST or SECOND, yeah, that includes Gibbsy(2nd), Robin and Anett(1st)

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #45
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

semifinalists for the last 3 slams

2012 NCAA Will Gibbs Susanyi Burdette

2012 WAATC Elbaba Scandalis Embree Lao

2012 NIIC Susanyi Anderson Oyen Schutting

Non Pac 12 team players; Only from UF and UVA.

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson