Where the Grass has no name - Eastbourne & Wimbledon 2013 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 02:27 AM   #1
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Where the Grass has no name - Eastbourne & Wimbledon 2013

thought about using the thread last year, but over 1000 posts already

so i started a new one for this potentially very short grass season

TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 06:19 AM   #2
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where the Grass has no name - Eastbourne & Wimbledon 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
thought about using the thread last year, but over 1000 posts already

so i started a new one for this potentially very short grass season

Agree with you that clay season was just about a complete,utter waste.Shifty had some creative,interesting thread titles,but Petra didn't do anything remarkable to deserve any of them.

Thank you for helping us change direction from Petra's aimless clay meandering,but has she really earned U2 sponsorship??I was thinking that,given her current state,the infamous WimpRock song by America(right ???) might be more apt: Petra's wandering in the Desert on a Grass-eating Horse With No Name

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 04:12 AM   #3
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Im afraid we have more upsets coming up. I have no confidence about her grass season as much as she did so well before.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 08:10 AM   #4
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deestruction View Post
Im afraid we have more upsets coming up. I have no confidence about her grass season as much as she did so well before.
Small hope is, that she always did great during grass season even if she dropped in some 1st rounds or had some bigger flops during the year (2010, 2011, 2012).
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 09:21 AM   #5
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deestruction View Post
Grass season is the happiest part of the season for me, all my grass goats play well there

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 10:56 AM   #6
country flag aloeball

aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future

Whats up with that MashaAzarenka and saviours of the wta poster? haha that girl is such an annoying bitch. Hate seeing her posts, probably the most annoying poster on the forum. I don't mind stans/retards because they are full of blinding love for their favourites but this girl is just filled with hate for one player, Petra
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 12:56 PM   #7
country flag Palkov

Palkov is an unknown quantity at this point

Petra needs to play matches..I think WC for Birmingham would be an option after fast departure from Paris. Every point is counted now to keep the ranking before Wimbledon
Palkov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 01:14 PM   #8
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palkov View Post
Petra needs to play matches..I think WC for Birmingham would be an option after fast departure from Paris. Every point is counted now to keep the ranking before Wimbledon
True but I'm not sure if playing matches would improve the serve and that is the main goal now.
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 01:25 PM   #9
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She can try to play there to gain some confidence and match play before Eastbourne-Wimby run, ranking wise she's ok. I can't see MaKiri making RG final, so Petra is not going to drop out of Top8 until start of USO Series even if she flops grass season and MaKiri wins Eastbourne and Petra has only points to gain there

Treachery is a virus
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 01:52 PM   #10
country flag Palkov

Palkov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
She can try to play there to gain some confidence and match play before Eastbourne-Wimby run, ranking wise she's ok. I can't see MaKiri making RG final, so Petra is not going to drop out of Top8 until start of USO Series even if she flops grass season and MaKiri wins Eastbourne and Petra has only points to gain there
I was thinking about Kerber and no.7 spot..Even she has left RG soon too, Petra will probably lose more points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
True but I'm not sure if playing matches would improve the serve and that is the main goal now.
Well, she says she plays agressively at trainings, so how to get confidence back than by playing more matches And if the shoulder is OK and she is not hurt, it would be a pity not to use it...question is how many free WCs are still available
Palkov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 02:14 PM   #11
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
I was thinking about Kerber and no.7 spot..Even she has left RG soon too, Petra will probably lose more points.
She's almost unreachable before Wimbledon despite needing to defend final at Easbourne, Petra needs win and final in Queens Club\Eastbourne combo to overtake Kerber in the rankings before Wimbledon.

Petra has 4435 and Kirby 4935. Petra needs at least SF+F in order to count those results as part of her Best of 16, with F+F Petra ends up with 4750, If Kirby looses before SF at Easbourne she has 4770, only with W+F 5050 Petra can be #7 but i don't remember when Wimbledon seeding is done if before Easbourne Petra has no chance to be #7 no matter what she does.

Treachery is a virus

Last edited by ShiftyFella : Jun 3rd, 2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 02:36 PM   #12
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Well, she says she plays agressively at trainings, so how to get confidence back than by playing more matches And if the shoulder is OK and she is not hurt, it would be a pity not to use it...question is how many free WCs are still available
Don't forget that the problem is there because of the injury which caused that she changed her service movement and who know how long it will take until she repair it completely and her serve starts to be real weapon again.

And, I though Wimbledon is doing something with the normal ranking in terms of reflecting the player's grass court form, isn't it? That could push Petra up and some useless players on grass such as Errani down. If not, it should be like that!
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 02:36 PM   #13
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloeball View Post
Whats up with that MashaAzarenka and saviours of the wta poster? haha that girl is such an annoying bitch. Hate seeing her posts, probably the most annoying poster on the forum. I don't mind stans/retards because they are full of blinding love for their favourites but this girl is just filled with hate for one player, Petra
I also noticed that. I've already put a similar annoying poster on ignore He/she is called Kworb and just a few weeks ago started the thread 'Hantuchova ANNIHILATES Kvitova' or similar crap.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 02:37 PM   #14
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I also noticed that. I've already put a similar annoying poster on ignore He/she is called Kworb and just a few wees ago started the thread 'Hantuchova ANNIHILATES Kvitova' or similar crap.
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 02:48 PM   #15
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
And, I though Wimbledon is doing something with the normal ranking in terms of reflecting the player's grass court form, isn't it? That could push Petra up and some useless players on grass such as Errani down. If not, it should be like that!
Maybe because in 2011 Sarin was #7 seed, tho she was ranked 26 or something, rest of Top8 looked same as Top8 in the rankings but last year Top10 seed looked exactly the same way it was in the ranking week before Wimby

Treachery is a virus