Petra's All-star Sports Thread(para maricas que aman 'tenistos') - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #1
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Petra's All-star Sports Thread(para maricas que aman 'tenistos')

Don't thank ME;you may thank poster 'Chrissie-fan' who diplomatically wanted to give other Caro fans a thread where they could focus on other sports.....You see,we had a poster who was practically giving a live scores update of a Federer match with Murray last year.When it was finally over,I said how glad I was that Murray had finished it off so that the Fed fan could STFU with his sissy whining over Fed's UEs.As you might guess,his feelings were a little hurt

....But 'Chrissie-fan' intervened and came up with a compromise....so,for any of you who love Association Football,auto racing,cycling,WHATEVER the other sport,here's your thread

To offer a simple beginning from Rugby Football(the NFL),the Ravens won the SB in February to cap off an amazing playoff run.Our SB opponent,the 49ers,were a clearly better team yet,luckily for us,the Niners head coach is a superb X's and O's guy but a mentally-fragile BITCH who didn't have his team ready to play.As far as anyone knows,he's the only male sports coach in the history of the planet who has suffered from PMS symptoms.After falling behind by 22 points in the 3rd Quarter,many of the Niners made a valiant comeback but their early unpreparedness was too much to overcome and they came up JUST short....Better luck NEXT year,San Fran

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 30th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #2
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra's All-star Sports Thread(para maricas que aman 'tenistos')

Okay,some of you Czechs might not like North American ice hockey so much(even though there are quite a few top-quality Czech players in the NHL),but it's basically the same sport,isn't it?It's not like the gulf between Association Football(AF) and the indoor pinball variety.

Anyway,the playoffs start tonight and,even if you don't like the well-known roughhouse tactics of the NHL,the style of play has really opened up in recent years b/c the league has instructed officials to regulate the fouling tactics more...which has led to more scoring thanks to an increase in power plays PLUS the reticence to use cheap tactics which would bring about said power play.This has created a more wide-open,European-style rhythm than existed in years past.The NHL was almost forced to increase scoring after labor disputes/lockouts threatened to push away fans in droves,and I think that FIFA could learn a lesson here:

A sport that has existed for a while,with a large fanbase,wasn't afraid to change a few rules....and the sport greatly benefitted.Personally,I'd love to see enforcers used in AF,and a poster in Caro's forum told me that the Brasilian squad,Estudiantes,did exactly that--with success--in the 1960s.However,he also said that Estudiantes bullied officials and physically beat up skilled players on other teams,and that's sort of against the spirit of fair play.I'd be content to use enforcers as they primarily function in hockey;that is,to protect your better players from cheap fouling tactics and unsportsmanlike harassment

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:20 PM   #3
country flag bruce goose

The recent drug-related scandal got me thinking back to the old Eastern Bloc days when you literally wouldn't have known that certain athletes were women if the commentator hadn't told you

Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:43 PM   #4
country flag bruce goose

By my recollection,only 3 times in NHL history has a team come back from a 0-3 deficit by winning 4 straight games to take a best-of-seven series.It's only happened ONCE in MLB history,and it's NEVER happened in the NBA.The NY Knicks jumped out to a 3-0 lead vs. Boston before losing the last two,and I believe that Game 6 is in Boston tonight.If the Celtics win,that'll put tons of pressure for Game 7 on a Knicks team that hasn't won a playoff series in almost 10 years

Old May 4th, 2013, 04:27 AM   #5
country flag bruce goose

Okay,it's easy to see why anyone would want their hometown team to win,but it strikes me as bizarre,almost anal,that Canadian fans want ANY Canadian-based franchise to win.It might be different if you had NHL franchises in every major hockey-playing country...and only Canadians played for Canadian-based teams.However,the various Canadian franchises have a multitude of European-born players...even some AMERICANS...on their rosters....and the U.S.-based franchises have an absolute LOAD of Canadian-born players.Therefore,a Canadian franchise winning the Cup wouldn't be any reflection whatsoever on how Canadian skill matched up with other countries';we have the Olympics for THAT.I'm surprised that more sportswriters don't comment on that lunacy

Old May 4th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #6
country flag bruce goose

Leroy Butler,retired ex-Green Bay Packer,complained yesterday that he was "surprised" that a church,where he had planned to give a speech,distanced itself from him and cancelled his appearance after he publicly supported gay marriage and the lifestyle in general(haven't checked on whether or not Butler,himself,is living similarly).Well,DUHHHHH!!!It's a fundamentalist church,Leroy.

It might be different if Butler were visiting Unitarians,Methodists or some other highly liberal sect that either performed or openly endorsed such marriages.One could argue back and forth about the VALIDITY of those beliefs,but most fundamentalists don't mince words on what they believe in,so it's purrrr-ty stooo-pid to expect them to suddenly change centuries of tradition to accommodate your socio-political views.Heck,I'm sure that I could walk into a mosque in Yemen and eloquently tell folks--not in Arabic,of course,only Spanish or English--what a shortsighted idea it was to seek the worldwide annihilation of Jews...and to blow up schoolbuses filled with their kindergarteners.....You know what,though??Something tells me that they PROBABLY wouldn't listen too well or accept my constructive criticism

Old May 5th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #7
country flag bruce goose

For any of you who don't like the way that the Miami Heat 'bought' a championship team,you might not wanna watch the rest of the NBA playoffs--unless you're a hardcore fan of the sport--cuz it's hard to envision anyone stopping them

Old May 6th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #8
country flag bruce goose

For good reason,some NBA journalists worry about the diva-ish attitude amongst some of the elite stars.However,the hacks might take their concerns too far sometimes.For the 2nd time in recent history,a solitary writer cast a dissenting vote for MVP(for Carmelo Anthony over LeBron James)...once again assuring the streak of never having a unanimous MVP selection

Old May 7th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #9
country flag bruce goose

Just read where Brad Drewett won 2 singles titles in his playing career and had his top ranking somewhere in the 30s(can't recall the exact number).Considering he wasn't a big star as a player,I wonder how well he got along with the current guys who are on that same level.Apparently,the elite players liked him a lot,but I wonder if the lower-ranked guys felt the same

Old May 8th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #10
country flag bruce goose

With Westbrook out for the rest of the playoffs,Kevin Durant has to bear a huge extra burden against Memphis,and I'm not sure if he and OKC can do that...which is a shame because an OKC-Miami rematch would've been great

Old May 9th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #11
country flag bruce goose

Dennis Rodman recently went on a sort of goodwill tour to North Korea where he met with supreme dictator Kim.According to Dennis,it was a very pleasant visit,and he just reached out to Kim again,via the media,in asking Kim to 'do him a solid' by allowing an American prisoner(of Korean descent)to go free

Old May 10th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #12
country flag bruce goose

A lot of Mexicans were impressed by how decisively Bayern kicked Barcelona's ass...and consider them a solid favorite for the CL Final

Old May 12th, 2013, 03:17 AM   #13
country flag bruce goose

Rafa gets a chance to flex his chest muscles a bit again,after having his Monte Carlo streak decisively snapped,by taking his big 'hometown' title in Madrid tomorrow.I remember the 2009 final when Fed whipped Rafa in straight sets.As it is right now,I didn't care too much for the ATP back then but had gotten sick and tired of seeing Rafa everywhere so was glad when he began losing a bit(he has long since won me over as one of the truly great champs,though....even though I rarely watch any of his matches).

By beating Rafa on his homecourt,Fed probably gained a lot of confidence that it was finally hos time to win RG.After that clearcut win in Madrid,it didn't matter that much,status-wise,that Fed didn't actually face Rafa--who was clearly subpar,anyway--en route to the RG crown.

Because Fed had broken the norm,I was hopeful that my fave Dinara could do the same on the women's side.She beat Caro in the Madrid final that same year(back when the Dane was beginning to rise on my faves list).Alas,Dinara had soundly beaten Sveta only a few weeks before the RG final--and led the H2H--but the camera in the tunnel before the match revealed a terrified expression on Dinara's face...and she lived down to that in the final.Thereafter,the indignity of being a Slamless ex-#1 pushed her to play when she SHOULD have been recuperating a serious back injury...and that ended her career......Ah,the Madrid memories

Old May 13th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #14
country flag bruce goose

There were TWO Rafas in the winner's circle today: The REAL Rafa,and a little pooch in a doggie tuxedo who's named after the Mallorca legend

Old May 14th, 2013, 04:29 AM   #15
country flag bruce goose

Alexei Ovechkin lays an egg....AGAIN....in a Game 7