MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!! - Page 66 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #976
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a tennis fan. It can be so exhausting
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #977
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's for 70% mentally apparently too high of a mountain to climb for Maria and for 30% it's a case of Serena just being game-wise a bad match-up for Maria. Having said that, it's a mystery to me how she as a 17 year old was able to beat Serena in two of the biggest matches of that year only to become Serena's punching bag ever since.
IDK. It's a combination of she was fearless and didn't realize what she was doing in Wimbledon and YEC + Serena being a competitive beast who brings everytime her best (and her best means better than anyone, as we know) when she faces Maria.

TBH I'm.. bah, numb about this. It doesn't hurt anymore. I also think this is my punishment for not watching her matches, AO 2005/2007 to begin with
Whatever guys, whatever. I'm happy to see her where she is, #2, above anyone else bar Serena.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #978
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

^ I agree, because it's a solo sport (obvs not including doubles)
that one single person you support is standing on the court alone, facing another person. It's not like football where you have a team to support you. I think tennis is one of the most brutal sports in terms of handling wins/losses because it all depends on you.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #979
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

speaking of technics. shall we speak about her serve lately?
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #980
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

ClayPova was never there !

she disappointed me with her performance, she's better than this! .

anyway , there's always next tournament

and we will always have this

Old May 12th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #981
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafanovic. View Post
Is anyone actually like really upset she didn't win today? I haven't felt upset about her loss to Serena since the final of Olympics last year. Everytime she lost to Serena I'm just like.
Today's loss didn't bother me much. I knew Serena was going to be very motivated on clay this year.

The only recent loss to Serena that bothered me a lot was Doha. Serena was sick and injured and really vulnerable and was coming off of a match where she barely stumbled past Kvitova. And here comes Maria who can only win 5 games. Absolutely wretched effort. And, of course, Vika beats Serena the next day.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #982
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
speaking of technics. shall we speak about her serve lately?
I really hope she works on that with Hoggy before the French. I don't know if it's because she's making changes so she needs time to adjust to it because I heard the commentators mention a few times Hoggy has been trying to add more of a kick to her serve for the clay. But either way the DF have been increasing from tournament to tournament. At the AO-Doha she was hitting very few and then IW-Miami they became a bit more and now she's hitting almost 10 every match.
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #983
country flag PimpMePova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Today's loss didn't bother me much. I knew Serena was going to be very motivated on clay this year.

The only recent loss to Serena that bothered me a lot was Doha. Serena was sick and injured and really vulnerable and was coming off of a match where she barely stumbled past Kvitova. And here comes Maria who can only win 5 games. Absolutely wretched effort. And, of course, Vika beats Serena the next day.
The thing is Maria played better that day so that tells you something about today's performance
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #984
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Missed this because of work, but in the end I'm glad I did. From what I've surmised Maria just didn't bring it at all, and Serena did? I looked at the stats and saw 8 DFs, so I guess that tells the story.

Ah well, points gained and her best ever run in Madrid. Onwards and upwards.
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #985
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

I was expecting a bigger beatdown so 5 games is good enough. Same as Doha

Onto Rome
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #986
country flag PimpMePova

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Missed this because of work, but in the end I'm glad I did. From what I've surmised Maria just didn't bring it at all, and Serena did? I looked at the stats and saw 8 DFs, so I guess that tells the story.

Ah well, points gained and her best ever run in Madrid. Onwards and upwards.
The first set was horrendous. She just wasn't there at all. It was so obvious she was scared to play and came with an 'already lost' attitude. So Serena didn't need to do anything. Then in the beginning of the second she was much better. Broke Serena and was 3-1 up and until 3-3 she was actually playing pretty great. Was taking her service games to love or 15 while putting pressure on Serena. But then she got broken to love because she hit some doubles and after that couldn't handle the pressure of playing catch up with Serena. Serena was playing good tennis but if Maria had played like she does against other opponents I think the score would have been different. Point is Maria folded and didn't do anything really.
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #987
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

At least my main man with the thinning hair (Nadal) can somewhat salvage this day.
Icky80 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #988
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's for 70% mentally apparently too high of a mountain to climb for Maria and for 30% it's a case of Serena just being game-wise a bad match-up for Maria. Having said that, it's a mystery to me how she as a 17 year old was able to beat Serena in two of the biggest matches of that year only to become Serena's punching bag ever since.
As painful as it is to admit it, this is where I have to give Azarenka credit. Record wise, she's pretty much been in the same boat as Maria when it comes to head-to-head against Serena. But with each loss, I never got the sense that she was getting discouraged. Her body language, her post-match attitude, and comments were always positive. No matter how many times Vika lost, she'd walk onto that court believing she could compete with and beat Serena. And, slowly but surely, their matches were becoming more competitive. She should have won that US Open final and, injury-aided as it was, she broke the streak and beat Serena in Doha. I'm sure it's done wonders to her confidence.

That's the challenge Maria isn't meeting. She isn't believing in herself the moment she steps on the court and you almost always see the early DFs, errors, and breaks of serve that put her in an immediate hole, which brings even more doubt.

And, as usual, it starts with Maria's serve. Her game simply cannot function at a high level if she's double-faulting in the 6-10 range and having a low first serve %. It's been issue number one since the shoulder surgery and, even though it's improved greatly the past couple of years, it's still the prime indicator in determining how well she's performing overall. Her serve and her psyche are linked together, so if Maria can get her serve more consistent in the next few weeks, she has a great chance to contend for titles.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #989
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

what a lame, no brain, efforless game froma maria

she came on court with white flag, body language was showing it all, i'm so dissapointed, i'm gonna be off couple days, i just can't i'm empty

in nine years she cna't deafeat serena, it not like serena is on her best mood every time, but, dublefaultpova, errorpova, chokepova is always there

after match she look so sad, pissed, grumpy, like she will hang her self on nearest tree
i think that loss will affect on her, i expect early loss in rome, QF

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #990
country flag yashwanth

yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all

As someone said before after that Olympics demolition (0,1 playing for your own country ) , I completely lost interest in Serena Maria matchups. But damn why she won a set in miami against Serena. Because of that effort I thought she is gradually closing in the gap and hoped for a victory today. Now I am happy because she now came into her normal groove against Serena Please somebody e-mail her to fire Hoggy. He is destroying her game.
yashwanth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote