MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!! - Page 65 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #961
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
She can beat anybody apart from Serena. That's a fact! We have to accept it!
Her best tennis can. Her mind can't. That's a fact
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #962
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I think like many of us, who had higher expectations because it's clay, because of that Miami match and her streak, so did Martha. She put more pressure on herself, was nervous and after the slow start and getting broken at the beginning she just couldn't do anything in the first. She managed to calm down it the second but it was already too late. I think she played much better in Miami because there was no pressure, so I just hope if they meet again during the clay season she'll calm down and play her game. Because what we saw today wasn't the game of the world N2 player in the world even if it's Serena on the other side, you just can't play like that
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #963
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafanovic. View Post
Well since AO. Maria is 23-0 against everyone else. 0-3 against Serena.
Indeed, aside from flopping aganst Li at the AO and losing to Serena (what else is new?) she is having a great year.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #964
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympianPova View Post
Her best tennis can. Her mind can't. That's a fact
this

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #965
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Why she didn't play like in Miami? I know she can beat her if she playing at her best

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #966
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, how does Hoggy actually prepare her for the match? Does he just use that mantra of 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it?'
there's evidently no gameplan, Maria is not one dimensional as others have lauded, otherwise she wouldn't have been able to win on different surfaces. I just think he basically drills balls at her prior to the h2h without any logic. It works for 99% of the tour but these losses over and over again are becoming so predictable in the way she is folding.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #967
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
Why she didn't play like in Miami? I know she can beat her if she playing at her best
Why indeed. Only Maria knows. Or does she?? In future, when she plays Serena, I'm not going to bother watching to save myself from stressing out. I honestly believed she could win today.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #968
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Btw, how does Hoggy actually prepare her for the match? Does he just use that mantra of 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it?'
there's evidently no gameplan, Maria is not one dimensional as others have lauded, otherwise she wouldn't have been able to win on different surfaces. I just think he basically drills balls at her prior to the h2h without any logic. It works for 99% of the tour but these losses over and over again are becoming so predictable in the way she is folding.
I don't think the problem is the gameplan. There obviously is a gameplan because she did a great job in Miami before choking but the question is, is Maria calm enough to think before she plays and execute that gameplan. I highly doubt what we saw her do in the match was their gameplan She needs to see a shrink cause the problem isn't in her tennis it's in her head. I said it before if Maria had played like in the SF (bar the DF in the beginning) it would have been at least close although I believe she could have even won.
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #969
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympianPova View Post
Why indeed. Only Maria knows. Or does she?? In future, when she plays Serena, I'm not going to bother watching to save myself from stressing out. I honestly believed she could win today.
Yeah, me too. And I never will watch their matches again.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #970
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone actually like really upset she didn't win today? I haven't felt upset about her loss to Serena since the final of Olympics last year. Everytime she lost to Serena I'm just like.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #971
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

#fakefan.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #972
country flag PimpMePova

I'm not upset at all because she wasn't even close to beating her (like in Miami) but I'm annoyed with her because she could have.
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #973
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well, Maria likes to play aggressive style as Rena does, but Rena has more power for that, plus Maria's serve is not stable, Maria doesn't like to defend and Rena takes advantage from that...also Rena easily reads her game, but Maria tries to do the same things with her over and over again trough these years...no lobs, no dropshots, no smashes, etc.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #974
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's for 70% mentally apparently too high of a mountain to climb for Maria and for 30% it's a case of Serena just being game-wise a bad match-up for Maria. Having said that, it's a mystery to me how she as a 17 year old was able to beat Serena in two of the biggest matches of that year only to become Serena's punching bag ever since.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #975
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

I do agree, Hoggy isnt preparing her in the right way. She had no gameplan today like in the previous matches as well. Her forehand dtl after a killing return from Serena made my just ALL of them were out and it was obvious She did not even try to slice the ball like she has done some other times (because to hit a topspin shot u need a bit more time to prepare it, I got it but still...)
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote