MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!! - Page 64 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #946
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Well nothing really to be too disappointed about, you're never going to beat Serena after handing her a set the way Maria did with the first. Serena after that knows she only has to play 30 mins of good tennis and match is over.

I still seen enough in the second set to know that Maria's chances vs her at Rome/RG (although they're unlikely to play at either) are great but she needs to bring her head from the start. Big if. You would think she would have had more confidence after Miami but no...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #947
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
I hope someone will take out Serena in Rome AND RG

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #948
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Serena has more problems with players who defend well than with power hitters.
Moreover Serena gifted many UEs to AMG and very few vs Maria. She stepped it up as usual.

Maria's basically only losing to Serena now!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #949
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

honestly im worried about her chances to defend her French open title than this loss , she doesn't seem comfortable like last year i realy believe that she can win roland garros again but not with this play and even if rena won here she won't win in paris !!!

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #950
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

I don't care if Serena wins Rome, that will put all the pressure on her and she will be the heavy favorite for RG. We just need someone to take her out early only in RG, and Maria plays her usual clay game (which is enough to beat everybody bar Serena), and there you go, title defended
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #951
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

She can beat anybody apart from Serena. That's a fact! We have to accept it!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #952
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha122 View Post
honestly im worried about her chances to defend her French open title than this loss , she doesn't seem comfortable like last year i realy believe that she can win roland garros again but not with this play and even if rena won here she won't win in paris !!!
She is not as comfprtable on clay as last year. And the serve IS a problem. Last year it used to save her, now it betrays her.
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #953
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #954
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Serena will be vulnerable in her first few rounds in Paris. Early on we're gonna need someone to meet her who has a classic clay court game.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #955
country flag JoPova

It's still a very successful clay season. Stuttgart W and Madrid F so far. She won't be able to match her 2012 perfect clay season, but it's already a very good one!

Btw we can say goodbye to the positive record in finals of 2013! I just hope it won't be like 2012 where she lost almost every final she played!

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #956
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
exactly

Kvitova, Jankovic, Cepelova, Hantuchova, Ivanovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #957
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Is she 2-2 in terms of finals this year? Not a bad stat tbh
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #958
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Maria’s clay court season is only half over, so there’s still much to look forward to. I really love the state of her game and how she’s been playing overall, even with the serve still not being as strong as I’d like. She’s only lost to 2 players this whole year and she already avenged the loss to that other one. If there was no Serena, Maria would be the reigning champion of 4 consecutive tournaments. This has probably been the most fun I’ve had following Maria’s career.

Semifinal
Semifinal
Final (Champion)
Final
Final (Champion)
Final

That’s a pretty incredible 2013 so far. What I really love about her play is how ruthless she’s been dispatching her opponents week after week (not named Serena). She’s been coming to win every match, no matter the round, no matter the tournament, never letting up for a second. I have nothing against Ivanovic, but I did take pleasure in that look of dejection at the net, just like in Stuttgart. I want opponents to start dreading having to face Maria. Too often in those tough days of 2009-2011, I felt the other players got way too comfortable going against Maria because they knew they could sit back and wait for the flurry of DFs and errors to get free games and, on several occasions, the match. I don’t think she had much respect around the WTA anymore and that was frustrating.

So I’m savoring the Maria we’ve been getting now, watching her build up her punching bag list, and earning that respect back. There’s no reason to fret over Serena. Maria’s drive, determination, and work ethic are second to none. And that hard work will be rewarded with many more future titles, so it’s an exciting time to be a Maria fan. Onward to Rome.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #959
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Moreover Serena gifted many UEs to AMG and very few vs Maria. She stepped it up as usual.

Maria's basically only losing to Serena now!
Well since AO. Maria is 23-0 against everyone else. 0-3 against Serena.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #960
country flag JoPova

No other meetings with Serena in the near future please!

There's only one positive thing out of all this: she won one more game than Azarenka in last year's final!