MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!! - Page 63 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #931
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

i hope this loss won't affect her moral , sh need to rest win rome and win RG thats the most important thing

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #932
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

i can't believe i actually thought Maria could beat Serena here pathetic and very disappointing match
(S) New Haven 2012 (D) AO 2014 (w/Zenith.), Miami 2014

Sharapova Pennetta Hingis Benčič A.Radwańska Williams Golovin Vekić Barthel Šafářová Keys Robson Bouchard Konjuh Davenport
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #933
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I really thought she was gonna do it this time, but after watching this, and especially that horrible first set I'm convinced that she's never going to beat Serena again - not on red clay, blue clay, green clay, grass, slow hardcourts or quick hardcourts. The mental block is just too much to overcome.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #934
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypova View Post
This is all AMG's fault.

Lol Jks, Maria why?????
i swear i was thinking the same it's all AMGs fault !

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #935
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Why, some Medina is able to create troubles for Rena, but Maria is not, I just don't understand....
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #936
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Why, some Medina is able to create troubles for Rena, but Maria is not, I just don't understand....
Medina is not afraid of Serena and is going to play her game no matter what, she is not afraid she will get a bagel but she is still in the match, while Maria will come to match and forget how to play, serve and move

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #937
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I really thought she was gonna do it this time, but after watching this, and especially that horrible first set I'm convinced that she's never going to beat Serena again - not on red clay, blue clay, green clay, grass, slow hardcourts or quick hardcourts. The mental block is just too much to overcome.
Same. Even if Serena has a poor service day and offers UEs, Maria doesn't have the belief and enough of a steady game against Serena to get it done. I figure Serena will retire as soon as she feels Maria has a chance to beat her.
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #938
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Tbqh it getting pretty boring seeing Martha fold like a cheap tent for Serena. 12 straight losses and really in terms of gameplan, she hasn't learnt a thing. Madrid was a regression from Miami, but the court actually did play faster. I'm not gonna discredit Serena by saying this wasn't real clay, because it was, no matter what the conditions. I just hope, if they do face off during Rome/RG it can be more competitive. Losing a breadstick today though was unacceptable
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #939
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Because Serena always raises her level too high and is so motivated whenever playing Maria. While she just plays well enough to win against other players.

And the mental block...
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #940
MaruSharapova

MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light MaruSharapova is a glorious beacon of light

Even her official homepage is in mourning, it's down

VenusSerenaAnaJJVika
Asians
MaruSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #941
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Personally I'm really disappointed not because she lost but because of the way she did. If she had tried her best but Serena was too good than I would be OK with it, but that wasn't the case. In the first set Serena was practically playing against herself you can't just gift her two service games like that. In the second Maria was much better but then in the end she still crumbled to the pressure but if she had started the match the way she did in the second I think it could have gone to at least a third set, Serena wasn't in GOAT mode. After the Miami match I expected her to be sharp and motivated but she was afraid of Serena. (I don't know if she had put more pressure on herself because it was on clay or because the N1 spot was on the line and she was nervous) but everybody praises Maria about her mentality and "never give up" attitude and to me this is the one thing that made me a fan but what good is it if you can't bring that in the matches you truly need it. To me this match was winnable if she had played like in her SF and wasn't so terrified and that is what's most frustrating.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #942
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

That was a disappointment!! - At least she fought a little better in the second set - but it was difficult to recognize the fighter and stubborn Masha - *sighs* - She lost the match in the first set and when Serena broke back in the second - Masha just couldn't muster some fighting spirit like she does so well when she plays other opponents - She should take help of a shrink or psychologist and get rid of her fear of Serena - I'm however still mighty proud of her - She'll get there eventually
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #943
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Serena has more problems with players who defend well than with power hitters.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #944
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

I hope someone will take out Serena in Rome or RG

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #945
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

I really expected it though I tried to cover it up with some positivity. Maria has the game to beat Serena except it's the mental strength that's not there. Only against Serena though. I doubt she'll beat Serena again. Not that I don't believe in her but Serena's gotten so much into her head that she's already lost the match the second she steps on court. If not, she'll be there mentally for like 30 mins max. And that's not enough to beat Serena.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote